+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dirt on FX Network

What was Willa thinking. She earns this weeks WTF moment!
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2236222;
    I know I heard coins hitting the pavement!!! Well, at least I think I did.
    I just watched it tonight.. all i saw was worms.. no coins Didn't hear any either.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2241480;
    I just watched it tonight.. all i saw was worms.. no coins Didn't hear any either.
    Thanks, FireWoman, for answering the question while saving us the trauma of revisiting the grossness.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I have given up on this show. If the main character had been the ultra-cold-b**** that she was advertised to be, then I think I would have really liked it. Redeeming qualities are great in real life, but not on this show.

I didn't care for that last episode. I do like the addition of Paul Reubens (Pee-Wee Herman) as the veteran reporter, but the whole Holt/Lucy/druggie girlfriend thing is playing out too long. And if they're going to make a big issue about Holt barfing up worms, why not have it turn in to why he got them...did he get them from eating that steak Lucy fed him (even though he's a vegetarian?) I doubt it, because he was sick too quick afterwards and the worms were large. (eww, sorry.) Anyway, it just didn't seem to tie into the story, unless I totally missed it. (which is possible)

I read a spoiler that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jennifer Aniston is appearing on an upcoming episode where she and Courteney will kiss. I find goofy that they're going for a stunt like that to pull in viewers.

I think overall, even considering the subject matter (tabloids) I was expecting a show with more substance since it's from FX. I mean, they put out Rescue Me after all.
    Last edited by suncat7; 02-15-2007 at 12:43 AM.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2241924;
    I have given up on this show. If the main character had been the ultra-cold-b**** that she was advertised to be, then I think I would have really liked it. Redeeming qualities are great in real life, but not on this show.
    Bingo! To the 10th degree. She's WISHY WASHY.

Oddly enough she manages to be both wishy washy AND scenery chewing at the same time. Its bizarre. And not pleasant.

Lucy should have been stone cold. Don shouldn't be so "wacky yet lovable". Heads in jars shouldn't appear so much, nor weevily looking vomit. Tons o' sex is okay, even talk about err... what happened in that hot tub with the athlete, but we also need more of the mechanics of how a scandal rag is run. That's part of why I actually liked the Pee Wee character. He seemed like a nice entree into the actual magazine's doings more than Lucy's drama, or yet another scene with the celeb couple (which is interesting, but is going to get old soon, especially with how Lucy is getting entangled).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;2241480;
    Thanks for keeping your ears open! And the herring worms are found in fish, not beef. And they are rarely found in humans....thank goodness.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

The Last Viewer Standing

So I'm the last one still watching this show. That's okay. I love it and really enjoy each episode. Perhaps that makes me shallow? I dunno, I just know I will be sorry when the finale airs next week. Although it does make room for my beloved The Shield so it's all good.

I'm sure they won't be bringing DIRT back... but I've thoroughly enjoyed it while it lasted

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

No, my hubby and I are still watching too and are enjoying the show. Looking forward to the season finale next week with Jennifer. Love Don's character on the show ~ he brings a softness to it, athough it looks like he may take a turn from that soft spot.
    And if I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know ~ Kansas

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    I agree about Don. He's my absolute favorite character from the show. And the actor is British! He does a phenomenal job as Don Konkey. He's such a tortured soul who truly does want to do the right thing but his mental illness presents such a daily challenge for him. I happen to like Courtney Cox-Arquette as Lucy Spiller. When Johnny Gage told about his gigalo ways at the end of his press conference, I was like "oh crap now Lucy has nothing to hold over him anymore!". But I loved how it was Julia who distributed the tape herself! Oh-My-Stars I just didn't see that coming.

Sorry if it makes me shallow... I love this show and will be sad to see it go!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread