+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Dirt on FX Network

Darn, I keep meaning to catch this show, but I always forget about it until I see a thread like this. Guess I better go find when it's shown here so I can set the tape to record it. From reading these posts, sounds like I'm probably going to be disappointed in it, but I'll give it a go at least once or twice, I guess. It's really too bad, though, when the previews end up being the best part of a show.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2219962;
    I'm watching it, even though it is a little difficult to stay. It is one of the more bizarre shows I've seen. Don being in love with the dead woman, and her giving birth to kittens...OK...
    And you'd expect a schizophrenic to have a normal life?

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2214560;
    Seems everyone's abandoned Dirt... except me.

That's fine.

I watch it each week and actually enjoy it. I don't expect uber-quality from every show I watch. I don't even expect them to be grounded in reality. If I want reality, I'll watch the news

Don's become my favorite character. He's such a likeable schizophrenic
    I'm watching it, still. It's far from my favorite show but it is quite entertaining.
    You know how alcohol makes people let down their prohibitions Ms Rap Supreme on VH1

Quote Originally Posted by agamergirl;2224842;
    I'm watching it, still. It's far from my favorite show but it is quite entertaining.
    I, too, am still watching the show. At this point, though, I think I am (mainly) hanging in there to see if it improves. I'd really like to see Courtney Cox make a go of it with "Dirt." I'm cool with "Dirt"'s over-the-top, provocative, and fantasy-like aspects (on paper). Now, I even understand (partially) why the Don Konkey character gets so much face time. His photos enable those stories to get into print. And, to me, it is amazing to see Don do his thing, despite being a functional schizophrenic (who haphazardly takes his meds).

However, and that said, my main problem with "Dirt" is in the execution of the plot/storylines. The show has so much rich material, at hand, given Hollywood as "Babylon". But, often, much of the acting comes of as sterile, and much of the style (which can be impressive, at times, e.g., Don's schizophrenic episodes) seems to be underutilized. In my opinion, the cursing and (simulated) sex scenes hardly pack any punches. And, somehow, the show could use some humor -- at least, to fit the atmosphere.

Let's just say that I hope "Dirt" gets better.

Cat

I just watched it for the first time. (I tuned in to see Adrianne Curry and Chris Knight, and they were pretty funny.)

I just have one question, really. What was with the worms when that guy threw up? Gross! I happened to be eating at the time, thank you.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Wasn't he coughing out coins before we saw the worms on the sidewalk? I need to watch this episode again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2235254;
    Wasn't he coughing out coins before we saw the worms on the sidewalk? I need to watch this episode again.
    I thought it was clotted blood. I haven't been watching the show. (I just checked it out to see Adrianne Curry and Chris Knight.) In the previously on... part, they talked about how that guy's girlfriend problems and the fact that he was cheating with the Courtney Cox character was giving him stomach problems, and they showed him vomiting blood.

When he pulled over to vomit, I assumed it was blood, and that didn't surprise me, but the worm things freaked me out. I dreamed about them last night. YUCK!

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I know I heard coins hitting the pavement!!! Well, at least I think I did.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2236222;
    I know I heard coins hitting the pavement!!! Well, at least I think I did.
    If it weren't for the fact that it grossed me out so much the first time, I'd offer to go back and re-watch it to check for you.

I agree. It was disgusting. Looks like I have to wait for a marathon or reruns.

+ Reply to Thread