+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Daily Show/ The Colbert Report

CCL
    Obama Nation.
    I didn't get to see Colbert's show after his team beat Oshawa but I did see the show where he was challenging Oshawa's mayor (the mayor wasn't on, he was challenging him through the show) and he was so funny. I think Colbert is winning over Stewart in my esteem right about now. I only wish they would show the show at a bit earlier time. I only seem to get to watch it about twice a week.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fanatic
    wow. just saw sienna miller on the daily show. she is either shallow, or not too bright. she def is a woman who has gotten by on her looks alone. her agent should minimize her talk show appearances...esp on shows with witty hosts. what a disappointment she was [i had never seen her on a "talk" show before].

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    Bill Gates was so funny on The Daily Show. I loved how he just got up and left when Jon said thanks for coming. I guess when you're a multi-billionaire manners aren't that important. Jon handled it in a funny way like " Ok, goodbye".

Colbert was funny too with the Oshawa bet. He ended up wearing a General's jersey too but as underwear. I really hope he goes to Oshawa on the day but he'll probably just give them a call and feature it on his show.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

Re: The Daily Show/ The Colbert Report

Daily Show episode last night was really good. John's interview with the President of Bolivia was great. He is such an intelligent interviewer even if it is only fake news.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2587645;
    Daily Show episode last night was really good. John's interview with the President of Bolivia was great. He is such an intelligent interviewer even if it is only fake news.
    I think, for the most part, it's more real than the real news. With comedy and satire, they can get away with telling more truth than the so-called true news.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

My favorite Law & Order Criminal Intent was with Steven Colbert as the guest star. He was fabulous. I was hoping he'd come back as sometimes past guests return with visits from their prison cells with the detectives.

At first, I was upset Colbert put down the Lutherans (moi's choice) but now I realize he was having fun. I bet his wife is Lutheran.

Jon Stewart's imitation of Prez Bush is getting old, but otherwise, he's a superior interviewer and "commentator."
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Here's a hilarious interview with Colbert:

Colbert reports on why he is a great American - USATODAY.com

Enjoy!
    ~~~~

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2593278;
    My favorite Law & Order Criminal Intent was with Steven Colbert as the guest star. He was fabulous. I was hoping he'd come back as sometimes past guests return with visits from their prison cells with the detectives.
    I'd love to see that episode.
    Colbert has a book coming out this Fall. There is a good article with him in this month's Vanity Fair.
    Colbert on Canada's dollar reaching parity with the American dollar: Canada was founded by a duck, a beaver and a moose. That's known.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2593327;
    I'd love to see that episode.
    Colbert has a book coming out this Fall. There is a good article with him in this month's Vanity Fair.
    Colbert on Canada's dollar reaching parity with the American dollar: Canada was founded by a duck, a beaver and a moose. That's known.
    The article I linked is about his book. He has his book cover stamped with an award that looks a lot like the Caldecott Medal. It's Colbert's book award, awarded to his own book. Too funny.

Colbert calls Jon Stewart a copy cat for writing a book. lmao
    ~~~~

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2593411;
    The article I linked is about his book. He has his book cover stamped with an award that looks a lot like the Caldecott Medal. It's Colbert's book award, awarded to his own book. Too funny.

Colbert calls Jon Stewart a copy cat for writing a book. lmao
    I meant to click the link but then I forgot! Thanks for the link, by the way. It's a funny article.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast