+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Daily Show/ The Colbert Report

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by HannahBanana;2200739;
    I miss Tough Crowd.
    I saw Patrice O'Neal live a couple months ago, and it was hysterical. Totally reminded me of the heyday of Tough Crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2200299;

They Will Meet: O'Reilly and Colbert

"I look forward to the evening," Colbert said. "It is an honor to speak face-to-face with a broadcasting legend, and I feel the same way about Mr. O'Reilly."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=247147&GT1=7703
    Thanks for sharing the news, AJane. This is going to be awesome.

FORT Newbie
    Wow, that will be thebest night of television ever. And people, be sure to watch the O'Reilly factor. It'll probly be better than Stephen's show just because it'll be waaaaay more surreal. Maybe even as surreal as Armed & Famous.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahSonnen;2203505;
    ....It'll probly be better than Stephen's show just because it'll be waaaaay more surreal. Maybe even as surreal as Armed & Famous.
    Um.... I like the Daily Show and the Colbert Report, it's good quality entertainment. Let's not taint that quality with a mention in the same sentence of that trainwreck called Armed & Famous
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Oh Look, A Farce! MysticalChicken's Avatar
    I just started watching both TDS and TCR about a month or so ago. I have no idea why I didn't start watching them a long, long time ago. Jon Stewart can make me laugh harder but Stephen is brilliant. Maybe too brilliant, as sometimes I will forget that he's playing a character and as a staunch Democrat, I will sometimes get a little angry and I have to remind myself that it's satire.

I do love The Word, as well.
    "Don't piss off the chicken gods. :nono" -Stargazer (on Lydia, Steph and Danni eating the sacrificial chicken on Survivor)

Oshawa to Host Stephen Colbert Day

The southern Ontario city of Oshawa will host Stephen Colbert Day this March, after its mayor lost a weekend hockey bet to the bombastic TV satirist and host of The Colbert Report.

Oshawa Mayor John Gray and Colbert had bet on Friday night's Ontario Hockey League game between the Oshawa Generals and Michigan's Saginaw Spirit. The U.S. hockey team has counted Colbert as a fan ever since they named their mascot - Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle - after him.

The hometown Spirit beat the Generals 5-4 on Friday night. A sold-out crowd of 5,527 watched the game and some held signs referring to the bet, including one that said "Spirit will win, Colbert will win.

Gray, who spoke to Colbert via telephone for Monday's edition of the show, was depicted as a moose wearing a sash labelled "Mayor."

However, he remained a good sport about his team's loss and said he'd honour the bet by naming March 20 after the host.

"How are you going to spend your Stephen Colbert Day? Oh that's right, it's your birthday!" Colbert said mockingly.

"How old are you going to be? Old enough to know better than to take on Stephen Colbert?"

Gray answered: "Hopefully, in the future, yes."

If he had lost the bet, Colbert had pledged to wear an Oshawa jersey on Monday's show.

"In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I have decided in spite of the Spirits victory to wear an Oshawa Generals jersey tonight," the host said before unfastening his pants to show off boxer shorts made out of the team jersey.

Despite Oshawa being the butt of Colbert's jokes, Gray remained good-natured during the interview, telling the comedian that a downtown Oshawa coffee-shop owner was "threatening to name a coffee after" Colbert.

"Whatever the blend is, he promises the spoon [will] lean to the right," Gray said.

A spinoff from hit news satire The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, Colbert's tough-talking, ultra-patriotic American TV persona and his Colbert Report are based on right-wing pundits and current affairs shows like Bill O'Reilly and his Fox News program O'Reilly Factor, the top-rated program in U.S. cable news.

http://channels.aol.ca/news/article....30130409990001
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty, I don't know if you noticed, but this was all over CTV news on the weekend. I missed Stephen's show on Monday, dammit (and the repeat yesterday, my satellite listings were messed up ). I love that "Stephen Colbert Day" is going to be on the mayor's birthday instead of Stephen's.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2221987;
    misskitty, I don't know if you noticed, but this was all over CTV news on the weekend. I missed Stephen's show on Monday, dammit (and the repeat yesterday, my satellite listings were messed up ). I love that "Stephen Colbert Day" is going to be on the mayor's birthday instead of Stephen's.
    Sorry, hadn't watched much news lately, but I saw it wasn't posted. It is fun though.

So, AJane. Are you going to Oshawa for the big event??
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

My family is moving in the opposite direction, so I won't be able to make it. I do love that Stephen's getting well-known enough for something like this to be considered newsworthy. In honour of his special day, I'll reinstate him as my av on that date, but I don't think I'll make it on his "Who's Honouring Stephen Now?" segment.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Bill Gates on Monday

Jon Stewart had Bill Gates on his show on Monday suggesting the audience that he holds. The day before the big unveiling was some great questions and a very funny bit about Bill Gates's pet and what his name was. ( so he could get the password). Very funny show and I have been watching it for years.
    Best line in the past few weeks??

Jon Stewart talking about Barak Obama's run for the White House. If Barack wins it would be an...Obama nation. ( Say it fast)
    Last edited by technomage500; 02-01-2007 at 03:11 PM.
    Headlines
    Iran says it shot down unmanned US spy plane.
    Lemonade recalled due to possibleglass fragments in Canada.
    Lindsay Lohan to join Celebrity Big Brother.

Anybody else need a dandelion break???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast