+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: The Daily Show/ The Colbert Report

Okay.... the only American to check in.... I love Jon Stewart. I've never quite "gotten" Stephen Colbert's humor enough to watch for a half an hour. I much prefer Jon Stewart's humorous interjections into real news... just love his humor and his style. Sometimes the pregnant pause really does say it all.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

The Word is the bomb. All of Colbert's assorted segments are a riot, as are the various things his viewers involve themselves in. I'm still giggling about the winning blue screen challenge entry (the shooting gallery of bald eagles, Jesus handing Colbert his weapon ), Steagle Colbeagle the Eagle and the Ontario Hockey League, and the near naming of a Hungarian bridge.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar
    The crossovers between the 2 shows was so funny last night. Stephen read all the states in alphabetical order because he was testing his new stop watch because it always takes him 22.3 second to do it and said it took him 22.4 seconds on this stopwatch so there's something wrong with it. Jon said that you know you have to be accurate because the internet people will time it and Stephen held up the stop watch and said it says 22.4 seconds and that he always tells the truth on his show. I laughed so hard at that.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Another American here who loves both shows. Colbert's continued rip on O'Reilly and his impromptu ability to say hilarious lines while in character is pure genius. I've been a fan of his since Strangers With Candy, but this just proves he wasn't just a small role on that show.

And for those of you ill-equipped to tape it each night, they do rerun the previous night's episodes at 1am, 10am, 2pm, and 8pm EST here in the US. I usually watch it at lunch.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;2170501;
    The crossovers between the 2 shows was so funny last night. Stephen read all the states in alphabetical order because he was testing his new stop watch because it always takes him 22.3 second to do it and said it took him 22.4 seconds on this stopwatch so there's something wrong with it. Jon said that you know you have to be accurate because the internet people will time it and Stephen held up the stop watch and said it says 22.4 seconds and that he always tells the truth on his show. I laughed so hard at that.
    Oh that was great and did you catch Jon's comment about how that wasn't on the "prompter". They had to cover their mouths from laughing. There's only been a few minutes where they've really lost it. I still remember Colbert, when he was on the Daily Show, trying to eat a banana and do his "live report". That gets me just thinking about it.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    What got me laughing uncontrollably last night was Colbert's walk through his "manger" set by the interview table. When he moved the shepherd's staff, I lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl;2170874;
    What got me laughing uncontrollably last night was Colbert's walk through his "manger" set by the interview table. When he moved the shepherd's staff, I lost it.
    My sweetie just about fell off the couch!

I really can't compare Jon and Stephen. One is himself. The other a figment of himself. One achieves hilarity with pregnant pauses. The other with a barrage of Words. Both equally excellent!

*threadjack: Oh-Oh. I think I just compared them... *endthreadjack*
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I can hardly wait.

They Will Meet: O'Reilly and Colbert

It may feel like looking into the mirror for Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert next week.

The Fox News Channel host and Colbert, who has essentially based his comic character every evening on Comedy Central on him, will trade appearances on each other's programs Jan. 18.

"I'm really looking forward to speaking to a man who owes his entire career to me," O'Reilly said.

On "The Colbert Report," Colbert portrays a self-involved talk-show host who has tried to bring "truthiness" to the world. His character owes an obvious debt to O'Reilly, who holds court in the "no-spin zone" each evening.

On "The O'Reilly Factor," O'Reilly portrays a ... um, he hosts the top-rated program in cable news.

"I look forward to the evening," Colbert said. "It is an honor to speak face-to-face with a broadcasting legend, and I feel the same way about Mr. O'Reilly."

http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=247147&GT1=7703
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Just checking in to say I like both of these shows also. I think I probably like Stewart a wee tad more than Colbert, but it's a negligible difference. I'm glad they show the two shows back-to-back (I watch it on Comedy Central), and I enjoy the brief interactions between Stewart and Colbert when Stewart 'checks in' with Colbert before the changeover. And I love it when Stewart has a hard time keeping a straight face when Colbert is talking about something

Oh, I did want to just say this, however... enough already with the Decemberists schtick, Cobert. Time for a new running gag
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

FORT Newbie
    I miss Tough Crowd.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast