+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Angel - The Return of Faith

Originally posted by shersidhe
    Now THAT'S how a slayer should be! she was strong. she had supernatural powers. and even when she was getting her ass kicked, she was giving it her all without looking vulnerable and "human" like buffy does.
    You said it, Sher! That's how I expected the slayer to act: strong, confident, straight to the point, defiant. Faith has a strong character that just screams confidence. There are times you can see a bit of darkness in her, but that's okay. It works for her.

Angel, the show, is kind of lame, but I'm glad I got to see Faith back in action.

FORT Fanatic
    Faith's personality was always much more interesting than Buffy's. I love the Buffy eps with her!

FORT Newbie
    My husband thinks I'm nuts regarding Faith. I get all excited when its a Faith episode on FX, like I haven't already seen them all 20 times and have them on DVD. But, as stated before, she is a no BS kind of slayer. She doesn't suffer that depression that Buffy seems to slip into every 4th episode or so. Faith loves being the chosen one, and doesn't spend time nursing regrets about the way her life could have / should have turn out if she weren't.

Hello Folks! How did "Angel" turn out?

I thought I'd jump on this Faith discussion. Lacool, I too am a freak for all the Faith episodes, I think she's largely responsible for why Season 3 will always be my favorite.

I happen to love Faith. Don't get me wrong, I do also love the Buffster, whose human vulnerability as a heroine is what I think made the show so popular. Audiences can relate to Buffy's weakness and ambivalence.

Faith, however, is the sexy kick-butt-and-take-down-names badass we all secretly want to be. Even her dark side...it's something that exists in all of us, that we sublimate only because we have to live in polite society. She's the Byronic anti-hero, the id, the yang. And yet the cool thing was that they also allowed Faith to have complexities of her own--remember on Buffy, her relationship w/ the Mayor and some of her interaction w/ Buffy really displayed her humanity, her need for love underneath her tough exterior. Oops, sorry I'm rambling...but I just had to express all my love for Faith!
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

I'm the Queen, Thats Why! tuff_cookie's Avatar
    I watch ANGEL all the time. I'm growing to like it better than Buffy. It has great twists and more action! Plus no WILLOW! So glad Faith is back. She should get her own show or star in Angel more often! She is a real bad-ass and could definetly kick Buffy!
    from,

one TUFF COOKIE

Excited for Amazing Race 5!!
    Addicted to For Love Or Money :S

tuff_cookie, i think angel got cancelled, didn't it?

i've never really liked the show in the past, so never followed it with any sort of frequency, but i will be watching now that faith is on it. i absolutely am loving her!

i also love that this whole time she's been in a women's correctional facility and when wesley came to see her and told her that angelus was back, she broke out immediately. as if she were staying in prison b/c she had nothing better to do but could have left at any time!

Yeah, that was funny, Sher, but I think it was Angel who convinced her to stay in there and pay her dues. If not, she would've been out there kicking butt.

I haven't heard anything about Angel being cancelled, so I'm really not up-to-date on the latest news when it comes to that show.

ah, see? that's how little i watch angel.

but i did see some celeb news report saying they believed this might be the last season of angel.

Oh, tuff_cookie...do you know how Cordelia became bad? I'm not sure if I missed something...or if it hasn't been mentioned.

FORT Fanatic
    I thought Angel was bad again, and Cordelia is good/against Angel? God, I don't know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast