+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The First Season

I think they did a good job pulling it back together. About the time Teri got amnesia, it was strained for a couple of episodes.

The amnesia thing was so stupid. I couldn't believe they did that. Teri & Kim did so many dumb-ass things I was hoping they'd both get killed off! (I know, I'm a witch). And sorry, but I was glad they got rid of the Teri character. Her & Kiefer didn't look right together as a couple. Bad mismatch.
    Overall, I liked the show. I think a big reason is b/c of the David Palmer/Sherry Palmer power struggle. I loved him, hated her!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LG.
    None of us were too sad to see Teri leave, as that opens up Keifer for the rest of the field. Sherry Palmer was quite the piece of work, very interesting indeed. I wanted to give Teri, Kim, and Palmer's son Keith all a good slap-upside the head a number of times in the first season. Dennis Hopper's accent was TERRIBLE though, so that was poorly cast and detracted from the "evil bad guys" plot. I much preferred Ira Gaines, as he was one funny bad guy, always with the smart ass remark. The show suffered when Ira and company (including hunky Fake Alan York / Kevin) were taken out by Drazen's "Plan B" team.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Great article on 24 in Entertainment Weekly. They pointed out that finishing off Teri actually drives the entire second season. A happy ending means no interest in the second go-round of the show.

I personally think the show crapped out about 8 hours in. It only recovered minimally in the last 2 or 3 hours, but it never regained the excitement and "Holy shit!" shock value of the first few hours. The middle hours were absolutely tedious. I was watching just because I'd already invested so much time in it. The ending of Victor Drazen was ludicrous. "Let's lure our barrrrgaining cheep to our hidden lair, then run like frightened puppies when he shows up." Whatever.

I will not watch the second season. I've learned my lesson.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

LG.
    Oh Paulie, you will come around, as I know you'll want to trade theories with the likes of Cali and I on the boards. You'll watch it, you can't resist it. Resistance is futile.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I think they should still use the 24 hour format, but maybe split it up into different story lines that happen within the 24 hours. Like they could do four 6 hour story lines or three eight hour story lines, or something like that. Maybe then they wouldn't have so much "lag time" to fill in. I agree, the middle episodes did get boring...
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

That was originally how they were going to go with the second season, Holly. They were going to do a sequence of 3-4 hours arcs. But, in the end, they decided on this. We'll see if it holds the same appeal. I know I'll be watching!

And I saw some previews where Keifster has a beard. That was just plain wierd-looking.

Originally posted by John

And I saw some previews where Keifster has a beard. That was just plain wierd-looking.
    Bearded Kiefer = yuck

His beard doesn't grow in nicely. It's all patchy & spotty looking. I don't like it at all. It makes him look like a vagrant bum or something.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12