+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Day Break

Day Break

Have yall seen the previews for the show that is going to take Lost's timeslot starting week? It has Taye Diggs in it and everyday he wakes up in the same day, fixing things that went wrong the day before and trying to figure out who framed him? Think it looks great and excited that something will fill my Lost timeslot...

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

JR.
    I hate it already just going by the million previews. It was good when it was a comedy and called Groundhog Day

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2135583;
    Have yall seen the previews for the show that is going to take Lost's timeslot starting week? It has Taye Diggs in it and everyday he wakes up in the same day, fixing things that went wrong the day before and trying to figure out who framed him? Think it looks great and excited that something will fill my Lost timeslot...
    Tru Calling had the same idea and didn't last very long.

I'm interested mostly because of Taye Diggs and I thought the previews were interesting enough to watch the 1st episode.

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckChick;2136512;
    I'm interested mostly because of Taye Diggs and I thought the previews were interesting enough to watch the 1st episode.
    I love Taye Diggs too -- he looks so good in the commercials. I think he will bring a lot to this show. And did you know that you can watch the first 20 mins of the show on the ABC website? I watched it and dying to know what happens next... JR, you should check it out. I think you might be surprised -- it might not be a comedy but definitely keeps you on the edge of your seat. Looking forward to Wed.

Benjamin Franklin.

I am a High school math teacher and one of the concepts I teach is Deductive reasoning. This would be a great example to show my students studying the possibilities and "what ifs" of the show. Unfortunately, I have a feeling this is the type of show where it will not be approved to bring into the classroom

I love all these shows where time can be reversed or forwarded. True Calling, Quantum Leap, Early Edition---I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting. I hope it lives up to its hype, I'll be watching.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2138142;
    I am a High school math teacher and one of the concepts I teach is Deductive reasoning. This would be a great example to show my students studying the possibilities and "what ifs" of the show. Unfortunately, I have a feeling this is the type of show where it will not be approved to bring into the classroom
    Well, you should watch the first 20mins of hte show online and then decide if approp to show to your classroom. From what I have seen of it, I dont think it is inappropriate -- more appropriate than most shows out there today that teenagers watch that have sex, drugs and drinking on it...you know?

Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2138142;
    It does have a sex scene in it every episode so that might keep it out of the classroom, but your usage of the premise sounds interesting.

I love Taye Diggs so I'll definitely be catching this show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Thought I would share a positive review -- good to hear to that it is "is a solidly constructed and fast-paced drama."

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.c om/entertainment_tv/2006/11/day_break_comes.html

Anyone else going to be tuning in tonight?

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast