+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Day Break

FORT Newbie
    regarding 'day 2"; actually this confused me a few episodes ago, but then noticed that each episode has several "days" in it and they state "day1 or 2 or whatever just for that episode, nor overall.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    http://home.bellsouth.net/s/editoria...er=y&ac=-2&ck=

ABC Pulls `Day Break' and Shatner Show
    Published: 12/15/06, 10:05 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES (AP) - ABC has turned off the lights for "Day Break" and "Show Me the Money." The low-rated series airing back-to-back on Wednesday have been pulled by the network.

The failure of "Day Break," a crime thriller starring Taye Diggs, foiled ABC's plan to effectively fill the slot vacated by "Lost" when it went on hiatus after six episodes.

ABC said Friday that repeats of the comedies "George Lopez" and "According to Jim" will air in the 9 p.m. EST time slot that "Day Break" held only briefly. The show, which debuted Nov. 15, attracted fewer than 4.5 million viewers last week and ranked 99th.

On Jan. 3, the sitcoms "Knights of Prosperity" and "In Case of Emergency" will debut in the 9-10 p.m. EST Wednesday time period. When "Lost" returns Feb. 7 with 16 new episodes it will move to 10 p.m. EST Wednesday.

ABC gave "Lost" an extended break to avoid airing repeats of the densely plotted show and provoking fan irritation.

"Show Me the Money," hosted by William Shatner, will be replaced in the short term by sitcom reruns, ABC said. The network had hoped to duplicate the success of NBC's "Deal or No Deal" but the shrinking audience for Shatner's show had dropped to 7.1 million last week.

"Deal or No Deal," in comparison, attracted more than 17 million viewers the same week.

Viewers will be able to follow "Day Break" online at ABC.com, at least for now. Thirteen episodes of the show were produced but an ABC spokeswoman wasn't sure if all remaining episodes would be available at the web site.

ABC is owned by The Walt Disney Co. NBC is owned by General Electric Co.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*
    My son and I are both upset that they have pulled this show.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

I never watched Daybreak (I watched ANTM instead) but I'm suprised it was cancelled. ABC and Fox have pulled the most from the schedule this year. I saw part of Show me the Money and found it tried to imitate Deal or no Deal by having a Canadian host and girls reveal the cash prizes. It came off as a pale copy and I'm glad it got cancelled.

How wonderful. I wasn't even planning on watching this show but figured 'what the heck'. I get sucked in and the plug gets pulled. I think I'm a curse. My favorite shows are all getting slashed.

Since this just got the ax, is it safe to assume that there are still completed shows to be aired? Why not show what's left? This is the holidays- the execs should've expected a drop-off in viewers. Lastly, are "According To Jim" reruns going to draw in more viewers? Does anyone even watch that show?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;2179615;
    Since this just got the ax, is it safe to assume that there are still completed shows to be aired? Why not show what's left? This is the holidays- the execs should've expected a drop-off in viewers. Lastly, are "According To Jim" reruns going to draw in more viewers? Does anyone even watch that show?
    TPTB are idiots. Of course they should expect lower #'s this time of year. They know people are busier than normal, which is part of the reason that they love to show reruns this time of year.

I think it's really sorry that they put new shows out there & then when the #'s are what they want, they yank the show, leaving things unresolved for the viewers that actually did take the time to watch the shows. The very least they could do is put the unaired eps on their website. I'd like to know what happens!

And to answer your Q about "According to Jim", I don't know anyone who watches it & I certainly won't be watching. I'm pissed that they yanked Day Break & I want their ratings to be even lower for doing that to me & all the other people who invested time in the show & came to like it! :nono
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I agree - why not just air the rest of the episodes. They are taped and I, for 1, would like to know what happened. Do they really think that reruns of those 2 shows are going to do better then new episodes of a new show. So stupid of them.

I'm so mad I will never know what happened!

I watched every episode.

So did I Shanda. Totally not fair. ABC doesn't seem like they'll be airing the episodes online like NBC and CBS have either. Boo ABC!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Newbie
    Actually, I read (somewhere online in the last few days) that the rest of the episodes will be online at abc.com every Wednesday. I guess we can check it out this week and see.

I will VERY disappointed if they do not air the entire "limited run" series. I've watched every episode so far and it was like watching a movie each time. I'd even gotten my family hooked on the show!

FORT Newbie
    wow, I'm surprised the numbers were so low for this show. I really liked it. I think it was bad timing and a lot of this type of show (flashback sequences; supernatural elements, intermingling plots) came on this year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast