+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Day Break

I'm glad that I gave it a chance. I thought that it was well done and a good way to pace the next 11 weeks until Lost. Plus Taye Diggs is HOT.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.;2135633;
    I hate it already just going by the million previews. It was good when it was a comedy and called Groundhog Day
    JR

I thought it was good but I can't see the same plot lasting for more than a season. Noiw, if they did it like 24 where we have the same characters, same concept but different plot for each season, I could see it working out.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Since I have to DVR it, I finally watched it & I'm in to it to see where it goes. The 1 detail I picked up on that I haven't seen anyone mention here yet is that the 1st time they show Taye waking up he mentions how stiff & sore he is...I wonder if he's been re-living the day longer than we know.

I'm a stickler for continuity & I didn't pick up on any glaring flaws so I can't wait to see this week's episode.

Is anyone still watching this show with me? I'm still in love.

It's been interesting seeing the little details that change in each "day"...to the point where we now see that Brett's father was apparently involved in some murder investigation that somehow involved in why Brett's being framed.

Oh, to have the benefit of hindsight to know how your actions will determine the outcome.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I forgot it was on!!! Hope I didnt miss anything good.

I'm addicted.....

I just dont understand if its the same day..... how it can change.

and how is he not worried about his gf anymore.... it seems she doesnt die every day but just end up at home with Chad.

FORT Newbie
    It doesn't look like many people are watching this, which is too bad. I think it's a really well thought out show. I'm a huge fan of lost, which is also detail oriented. The reason I like this show is because I've become bored of the regular type of shows like CSI , where they seem to be "cookie cutter".
    This show is different because the main character continues to change what he would normally do in order to have a different outcome in his day; for example, taking a fellow officer hostage, shooting someone, etc. He knows that there will be no consequences so he tends to behave in a manner that you can't anticipate. The difference between this and Groundhog Day is that when he gets hurt; he remains hurt the next day. Also, he realized that he doesn't need to have the "perfect day" like groundhog day, but focus on one problem at a time. Last weeks episode changed the way his day started because he resolved a problem with an old partner. I also like the show because you do get a lot of information, unlike lost where you get very little information at a time. I really like how each week we get several clues rather than one, once in a while. There is a lot of good character development as well; this week we saw another side of another one of his ex-partners; a bit unexpected. Taye's character showed a lot of anguish when he was worried that his girlfriend would die during this extended day and when he woke up if would be a "real" tomorrow and she would be still dead.

Anyway, if you haven't seen it , check it out.

FORT Newbie
    To reply to the above post about how if it is the same day, how can it change? Well, any slight change would affect anyone's day's outcome. For instance, if you decided to not get out of bed and go into work late, you might miss an accident you were meant to have, or maybe not meet someone on the bus you should have. It reminds me of that movie Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow. Just by missing the train, it showed how her life was completely different. In this show, he can easily change how the day is going to end and use certain events he knows will happen to his advantage; for example knowing that his girlfriend gets kidnapped;

I've been catching up online and am halfway through last night's episode. The woman who shoots Chad is Bretts sister right? Wonder where that story is going to go..... so many new things keep popping up. I like it!
    Last edited by buglover; 12-14-2006 at 04:17 PM.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Last night's show started on 'Day 2' which confused me because we've seen about 10 new days so far (maybe more).
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast