+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Whoa! That is not how I expected that episode to go last night. I thought the guy in the cafe talking to Tyra would offer to help her with her algebra (and isn't that something you take freshman year? But I digress) and then when Landry showed up, she'd be all laughing and having fun with him. That was creepy! I'm so glad she was able to get away.

The building the whole football field plot...I didn't buy it. I enjoyed it, but I didn't buy it.

Looks like Coach accepts the offer next week...or does he? I wonder what will make him change his mind etc. (if he does and stays in Dillon).

That certainly was unexpected. I'm so very glad it didn't go any further and that Landry showed up. You just knew that when he was late something bad was going to happen, just not that.

I know it's a TV show, but I'm glad they won their game and are off to the finals. I'm almost more curious about whether the coach stays or goes and what happens next year when the players graduate.

LG.
    I missed the first 15 minutes, but thought it was a good show. So, is Coach going to go back and turn down the Austin offer, or are Mrs. Taylor and Julie going to stay in Dillon next year without him. I didn't care for his attitude, and frankly if it isn't that far of a commute, couldn't they find a house somewhere halfway and both drive each day? Mrs. T could drive Julie to school because that is where she works anyway. Families have dealt with this type of situation before, especially if Mrs. T and Julie are only asking for 1 year so Julie can finish high school.

and I LOVED Landry's talk with Tyra about what she deserves from a man. I hope she takes it to heart before taking up with Riggins again. BTW, I think that Landry looks like a young Brett Favre if you look just at his head shape.
    Last edited by LG.; 04-05-2007 at 10:56 AM.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Isn't Julie supposed to be a sophomore?

On the previews for next week (season finale) was it Mrs. T who said she was pregnant?

I don't think Tyra will take up with Tim Riggins again, in anything other than a friendship way.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.
    I think it was Mrs. T who said she was pregnant, and I was thinking DAMN, a sixteen year gap in kids, but hey, maybe it would encourage Coach to stick around Dillon for another couple of years. You're probably right, she looks more like a sophomore.

I liked Smash like night, taking the piece of cake from the roast back to Waverly. She gave him permission to "Be The Smash" and he shows himself to be a decent boyfriend. Good work.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    That was sweet of Smash to take the cake back to Waverly, and not hook up with the party bunch. I want Smash to run, as fast a possible, in the opposite direction from Waverly. As a high school student...and even older...I can't imagine anything worse than having to deal with the bi-polar behavior. He will lose his mind if she doesn't stay on her medication, and that would not be fair to him. I did like that they wrote her as realizing that she needed to get her medication levels up before resuming her relationship with him.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Re: Friday Night Lights

I am in LOVE with this show.
    I read this gossip blog called Lainey Gossip and the blogger (Lainey) was constantly telling people to watch FNL and I finally decided to a month ago - I am SO glad I listened to her. I went on a little FNL binge and watched every episode online. I love everything about this show. If it gets canceled I will be QUITE angry.
    I wish you had a favourite beauty spot that you loved secretly/'Cos it was on a hidden bit that nobody else could see/Basically, I wish that you loved me/I wish that you needed me/I wish that you knew when I said two sugars, actually I meant three. - Kate Nash, "Nicest Thing"

I loved the season finale! But I'm really worried it won't be coming back. There are several plots and cliffhangers if the show does come back so I'm not that worried. But if, god forbid, it's the series finale, it ended very well and very cutely.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I think it's coming back...I hope!

I thought last night's episode was great...they make it a real cliffhanger as to whether Coach Taylor will remain in Dillon or not... It was nice to see Street acting as the Coach at the end of the show last night, but I wonder if he'll get promoted over the older, heavier coach that was jealous when Coach Taylor got the job he wanted.

'Friday Night Lights' gets a reprieve - CNN.com

LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- NBC's "Friday Night Lights" are shining brighter.

A day before the freshman series' season finale, the network on Tuesday ordered six additional scripts of the critically praised but low-rated series.

While this is short of the early second-season order NBC recently bestowed on another struggling rookie, the comedy "30 Rock," the order does strengthen "Friday"'s chances for a return next season.

"Friday" is the second NBC series on the bubble to receive a six-script order this week, following a similar pickup for veteran "Medium" Monday.

"Friday" is an adaptation of the 2004 feature about a high school football team. Kyle Chandler leads the ensemble cast of the drama, which recently won a Peabody Award.

I hope those 6 episodes turn into a full season order otherwise 6 will just seem so disappointing!

+ Reply to Thread