+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2253503;
    Question: The actor that plays the good looking coach on this show..... was he bomb guy on Grey's? Looked and sounded very familiar last night.
    Yes buglover, that's my boyfriend Kyle Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2253540;
    Yes buglover, that's my boyfriend Kyle Chandler.
    Oh Lois, you just made my whole morning with this! I chuckled out loud! I'll take Tim (even though he's in high school) shhhh...
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2253569;
    Oh Lois, you just made my whole morning with this! I chuckled out loud! I'll take Tim (even though he's in high school) shhhh...
    Riggins is cute. One of those "bad boys" who totally would've walked all over me in H.S. And I probably still would've liked him!

I loved that Julie and Matt didn't have sex. They were so cute playing afterwards--just being kids. The pressure was off. I'm sure they will have sex some time next season, but it will be in a less calculated way. I hope it's sweet and memorable at least...though she's only 15. And how old is he supposed to be? 16 or 17... They're too young!!!

I've been meaning to post in here for quite awhile, but kept forgetting to do it, but I've just got to say that I absolutely love this show and am totally surprised at how good it is. I remember thinking when I first heard about it that it couldn't possibly last more than a few weeks because I didn't think an entire show could be built around high school football. Boy was I wrong!

And woohoo for getting a double dose of Kyle Chandler this week on FNL and Grey's too (well, actually a triple dose for me since I watched Grey's twice)!
    Love lives forever <3

LG.
    I'm trying to remember if Matt is actually a senior, in which case he won't be living in this town next year to be dating Julie (but maybe dating her long-distance if he gets a college football scholarship and facing temptation at college, but that could only occur if something happens that he isn't saddled with taking care of grandma). I hope he's a junior and can be back next year / season, but I thought they mentioned he was a senior at one point.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I thought Matt was a sophomore or junior, 'cause I seem to recall he was second string to Street...of course he could've been a senior and second string but I still thought he was younger than the other players like Riggins and Smash. Now I wonder, what will happen if they all graduate and go on to college the next season? Surely they can't have them all go to the same college. I wonder if they'll bring on a new cast of youngsters... I think even Riggins and Smash are supposed to be Juniors. I hope so anyhow.

LG.
    that would be good, Lois, as I'd hate to break up the cast after just one season. I thought that Smash's mom was so adamant that he play in the playoff game (rather than follow through with his race-based protest) because this was his (last) chance to be seen by college scouts, and that if his team lost it was pretty much over for his chances of getting a scholarship. Maybe I'm just picturing them as older because they aren't really teenagers (except Julie, right). I need to suspend my disbelief *pretends to be watching 90210*
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.
    no posts for last night's FNL? I'm bummed it is on against Idol and Jericho. I liked the episode, though, as I love coach's family, and was glad that Julie felt she could call her mom to come help (even though she knew she might get in trouble, she knew it was better to get help than not). Glad that coach's wife is cutting Tyra some slack after seeing her crappy home life.

LOVED seeing Riggs interacting with the new neighbor boy. Wonder if things are going to develop with the new MILF next door. He's in high school though. Liked seeing Street in Lyla together. I'm glad he was there for her when she showed up, even though he wasn't there for her when she was calling while her parents were fighting and she was shielding her siblings in her room. Poor kid.

I've had computer problems the past few days so my posting was intermittent. I loved the episode as well. It was sweet and sad and funny on so many levels! I love that Matt's friend (Lanley?) is trying so hard to win over Tyra? He's such a sweet kid. Maybe he and Tyra will hook up some time. Does Julie not have the prettiest hair ever? And even though I know they're not at all related in real life, I can see how Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton (sp?) could produce such a lovely child!

I felt sorry for Leila. She is going to lose Street--they are just too different now and no matter what they say now, I don't see them making it another year.

I missed a couple episodes--I saw Leila and Riggins hooking up and then she was back with Street. I know he knows about the affair--but did both Leila and Riggins confess? And did Street forgive Riggins as well?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Street confronted Leila and Riggins and, eventually everything was straightened out and forgiven...but not before Street busted Riggins in the face! Lesson: never underestimate a person in a wheelchair!

Looks like Smash's girlfriend might be bi-polar....oh boy....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread