+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243
Results 421 to 429 of 429
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

  1. #421
    FORT Fogey Coco46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    1,075

    Re: Friday Night Lights

    I also agree that there are more stories to be told about these charactors. Just love the relationship of the coach and his wife, and so happy that he changed his mind so that she could follow her dream. As so many others have said, their relationship was more realistic than any other couples on tv. I'm wanting a movie too. Wonder how difficult it would be to get all the actors back together again, though. One can hope and wish!
    tapper01 likes this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

  2. #422
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: Friday Night Lights

    I loved the ending. I agree that the relationship / marriage between Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton was 1 of the most honest, accurate portrayals ever.

    I'm just sorry I didn't see this series from the very beginning. It was really a treat.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  3. #423
    FORT Fanatic chenoa333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    407

    Re: Friday Night Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I'm just sorry I didn't see this series from the very beginning. It was really a treat.
    I highly recommend that you watch the first 3 seasons of this show if you've never seen them.
    Far superior to the last 2 seasons but that's not saying the last 2 seasons weren't enjoyable; they were.

  4. #424
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: Friday Night Lights

    I don't know what show I was watching but there is a pitch being given out there in hollywood land to make a Friday Night Lights movie. The only worry they have is that they may not be able to make the 30mil they need on the opening weekend. I hope they make it because I would love to see things tied up a little better.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  5. #425
    FORT Fogey Imperfect1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin
    Posts
    2,240

    Re: Friday Night Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I don't know what show I was watching but there is a pitch being given out there in hollywood land to make a Friday Night Lights movie. The only worry they have is that they may not be able to make the 30mil they need on the opening weekend. I hope they make it because I would love to see things tied up a little better.
    I would love to see a Friday Night Lights movie --- so long as it had the TV cast (and not the cast from the original Friday Night Lights movie)! For me, I'd just love to follow along to see what happens next in the lives of all of these people we've come to care about. The only thing better than that, would be to have the powers-that-be reconsider and continue on with additional seasons of the show --- but seeing as the stars are committed to other projects now, of course that's impossible.
    Last edited by Imperfect1; 08-05-2011 at 08:58 AM.
    tapper01 likes this.

  6. #426
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: Friday Night Lights

    I'd prefer to see it return as the TV show with the same cast.
    I miss it being on. It was just a feel good type show.
    tapper01 likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  7. #427
    bb addicted tapper01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,187

    Re: Friday Night Lights

    My husband rarely watches TV and hates sports, yet he always watched this show with me and was sad to see it go off air. Said it was one of the best family shows he had seen in a while

  8. #428
    I <3 Megatron! football_chick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    In the end zone doing my touchdown dance
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: Friday Night Lights

    Quote Originally Posted by Imperfect1 View Post
    I would love to see a Friday Night Lights movie --- so long as it had the TV cast (and not the cast from the original Friday Night Lights movie)! For me, I'd just love to follow along to see what happens next in the lives of all of these people we've come to care about. The only thing better than that, would be to have the powers-that-be reconsider and continue on with additional seasons of the show --- but seeing as the stars are committed to other projects now, of course that's impossible.
    My current issue of Sports Illustrated had this to say about a FNL movie:

    "Peter Berg's new FNL project will be a movie based on a TV show that was based on a movie that was based on a book that was based on real life"

    That a mouthful!

  9. #429
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: Friday Night Lights

    I just saw this on EW.
    I love what the Coach had to say in his farewell to the team speech.
    Enjoy

    'Friday Night Lights': Coach Taylor's hidden farewell speech | Inside TV | EW.com
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.