+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Friday Night Lights

After watching this episode, it just dawned on me that Tim Riggins is a, straight up, alcoholic. I didn't think alcohol was allowed on parole.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think it depends on what you are on parole for. If you are 21, it is legal to drink alcohol so they don't look at it as bad, unless you were put in the pen for something drinking related. (too many neighbors on parole here........I know, I should move!!)
    Yup, with donuts!!

I thought Riggins was an alcoholic throughout all the seasons. It's probably the reason he's never endeared himself to me on this show.

Usually people are no drink probation. Sometimes no drink parole. However, the reality is, only the trouble makers are ever checked on. Many people slide right by their no drink orders if they manage to not cause much trouble while drinking.

I guess I didn't want to believe that he was alcoholic, and have only come to really say, "OK, he's never without beer in his hands." He is definitely an substance abuse case. I've never liked the character either and, I've definitely never thought he was anything great to look at. He always looks like he needs a bath and a serious shampoo. I've always been grateful that we don't have smell-a-vision!
    causingchaos likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I guess I didn't want to believe that he was alcoholic, and have only come to really say, "OK, he's never without beer in his hands." He is definitely an substance abuse case. I've never liked the character either and, I've definitely never thought he was anything great to look at. He always looks like he needs a bath and a serious shampoo. I've always been grateful that we don't have smell-a-vision!
    He seem greasier than usual this season. I'm not one for the brooder either and he's a brooder on top of it. All the kids on this show seem to drink a lot but he always seemed to drink more than the others (like constantly).

You just don't want to see a character, that is supposedly a teen, slopping beer all over the place. He was even being disgusting as a high school football player! Well, you don't want to see anyone being that way, especially a teen.

And brooding is not sexy. It's more psychotic/neurotic!

Looks like Julie and Matt might be getting engaged in next weeks final episode. So sad to see this show gone for good but I am thankful for the 5 years that it was there for us FNL fans. Thanks to everyone (writers, actors, producers etc) responsible for making this one of the best TV series ever!
    tapper01 likes this.

It's a shame that this show is ending. It still has substantial legs. The disappearance will leave quite a hole on Friday night.
    tapper01 likes this.

In Canada, we somehow got ahead (for those who don't have Direct TV). I don't want to spoil anything, but I wanted to say I LOVED IT! Sure there were things that I would have changed, but it was one of the better series/season finales in a long time.

The storyline is really wrapping it up for the show to be over. I like that because some shows literally just leave us hanging like "what??".
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread