+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Re: Friday Night Lights

I've been watching on Direct TV, too, and I think it's been terrific. At the end of last week's episode I was emotionally exhausted--can't think when I've seen a more "powerful" hour of television!
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3763407;
    I've been watching on Direct TV, too, and I think it's been terrific. At the end of last week's episode I was emotionally exhausted--can't think when I've seen a more "powerful" hour of television!
    I cannot believe that this show doesn't have more viewers and that it doesn't get more recognition as the FABULOUS show that it actually is. The writing is superb, the story lines are great, the characters are engaging... and I'm saying all of this as someone who, in real life, couldn't care less about stories revolving around a small Texas town and its high school football team! But in spite of that, the show had me hooked at the very first episode, and has never disappointed. It's one of my FAVORITE shows of all times!!!!

JWhen does this come on NBC?

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3775711;
    JWhen does this come on NBC?
    Several months ago I read that it was slated to start in June, but, who knows? It's possible that NBC's scheduling has changed since then. I am so grateful that the show has been renewed, (for 2 seasons, I think), that I don't mind having to wait for it.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Been thinking about giving this show a second chance.

I love, love, love Kyle Chandler (Early Edition was a great show) but wasn't able to find anything interesting in the show when it started. Then it moved to DirecTv (which I have) and I still didn't watch.

I'd be hard pressed to say what night and time it comes on, but with most shows being in re-run mode right now, it would be a good time to start watching.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I hate football and blew off this show the first season. Then I had limited TV channels and this filled a gap on one of the nights so I gave it a chance I think the second season and loved it. Still hate football but I liked the show.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos;3777049;
    I hate football and blew off this show the first season. Then I had limited TV channels and this filled a gap on one of the nights so I gave it a chance I think the second season and loved it. Still hate football but I liked the show.

I blew off the first few episodes too, because I'm not a football fan either. But I kept hearing so many great things about it, that I thought I'd give it a chance, and it was great timing, because NBC did a mini-marathon and I was was able to see the first 3 or 4 at one time. BOY!!! Am I glad I watched! I fell in love with the show at the first episode (how can you not love Kyle Chandler? ), and I have LOVE, LOVE, LOVED it ever since!!!

When will we cable viewers get to see this again? Do we really have to wait until June?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We don't have much left to see, if anything. It has been cancelled.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just watched the new season on Direct TV--commercial free. Best season yet. My understanding was that Direct TV aired it in the fall and early January, then NBC will show (spring, summer?). They renewed for one further season, cancelled after that--which will air on Direct TV Fall 2010, NBC in 2011. Maybe NBC has backed out of airing at all? I know the financing was a joint venture between NBC and Direct TV, so I'd be surprised if they opted not to use it--as summer replacements if nothing else. Anyway, I think it's one of the best shows that's ever been done for TV. This season, some of the main characters from the past had very limited "return" roles, and they did a masterful job creating new characters and integrating them into the story-line.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

+ Reply to Thread