+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 43 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Re: Friday Night Lights

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;3333297;
    Tyra's cowboy is totally a drug abuser. I feel bad for Matt S too, but you're right, he doesn't have the confidence of the privileged, supported kids. How could he, with how he grew up?
    which is why it is crap that the writers are doing this to him

his is a success story all its own. That he can deal with all of his personal crap and still perform like he does should be a story

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I think a lot of it has to do with personality, too. To a certain extent, Smash had it pretty rough, too. Not as bad as Matt, but Smash grew up with no father figure. His mother worked her butt off to support the family. That probably made all the difference--the love and support of his mother/sisters. He worked hard, but his mother ultimately took care of him. Whereas with Matt, his grandmother loves him, but no one is there to take care of him. He has to take care of himself. I think Smash always had inate ability and skill on the field and therefore always thought of himself as a star. Matt always viewed himself as second string and second best to Street.

Riggins doesn't exactly have it easy either. No parental support and kind of a stupid brother as his "father" figure. But he's confident on the field. Matt really is lacking in the confidence department.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thibk that the McCoy storyline is a totally realistic storyline. It seems to be more of the dad's issue than the mom's, but she is also complicit. He's (they're) using his (their) money to buy their talented son what they want him to have; I think dad is living vicariously through his son, to say the least. I'm guess that the son is not really a bad guy. Unfortunately, we can't help to whom we are born...even in a television drama, I guess.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Great episode tonight

setting the scene for mucho drama

McCoys
    Matt and Julie...I like very much

Tyra should have stuck to her guns about Cash

Coach is awesome on and off the field

FORT Fan

I'm so in love with Matt and Julie. The way he looked at her in the car was adorable.

prhoshay, I think what you were saying in your post was very evident tonight. I definitely have some sympathy JD.

and as per usual I got a little teary, this time listening to Jason sing.
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

=1`

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333;3338930;
    =1`
    What does that mean? Careful, you'll get zapped for "lingo".

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3338949;
    What does that mean? Careful, you'll get zapped for "lingo".
    Sorry about that - I didn't even realize I posted anything. Unless I was thinking about posting something and exited out accidentally hitting some key. Anyway, it means: Oops!

I hate how Mr. McCoy thinks he can just interrupt practice or go to the locker room during a game. I am glad Coach put him in his place. It was awesome how Street and company sold their house. I liked Buddy's story tonight as well

That last scene with Lyla and Jason - when he asked her if she thought he could make it somewhere else as a sports agent moved me to tears. Very touching moment. I love this series and hopefully we will get a Season 4

+ Reply to Thread