+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Los Angeles California + Milwaukee Wisconsin

Re: Friday Night Lights

I LOVE this show!!! It is my absolute favorite! And I appreciate how the writers are following the characters who have already left the school (Smash and Jason Street). After all, as most all of the kids are seniors now, after this year they'll all be out of high school, and hopefully the show will stay on the air and the writers will follow them into the next phase of their young lives.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is it just my eyes, or are there similarities between Tyra, and Tammy (the coach's wife)? I think that it's not only physical, but with their mannerisms and speech, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I hate what they are doing to Matt S. It is his senior year, the McCoy family so annoys me to push their FREShman QB son. Why don't they just be patient? The kid will get his turn after this year. Starting as a Soph is still good and it would keep him from getting hurt and allow him to mature and bulk up and be the best for 3 years.

uggggggg

I hate interferring parents

FORT Fan

All I wanted to do was hug Matt throughout the entire show last night. And yes, the McCoy's are an annoying bunch and Buddy kissing up to them annoys me even more. It was great to see Jason again, & his roomie (can't remember his name).
    I've got that new "I'm a single girl swag"

As much as the McCoy family annoys me and what is happening to Matt annoys me up here that's kind of how it happens on a less extravagant scale (not a lot of money to throw around). Everyone wants their kids to get sports scholarships up where I live so the parents are working overtime trying to get their kid playing time. It's not just fun anymore for kids. It sucks. So I like that aspect of the show because it hits pretty close to reality up here.

I don't like Tyra's new man friend. That bummed me out most this season.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I feel badly for Matt S., too. And I don't know much about football period. But isn't this what would happen in reality? If there's some wunderkid who's really that good, and the current QB is good--but just not as good--wouldn't the coach rely on the really good athlete? I'm not trying to be a smart aleck--I really want to know!

I have a feeling that the freshman will screw up/get injured somehow and Matt will prove to be a team player and save the game.

I think that the McCoy kid has something that Matt never had--he has a lot of confidence. Matt always kind of had to be convinced that he was good. He was content being second string to Street. I think the freshman always wanted to be the head QB--or his dad wanted that and so he does, too.

Yeah that's how it really happens in real life on competitive teams. Some highschool teams aren't as serious so all the players get to play but some take it really seriously. Up here what will happen is that the best "networked" athlete will get the most "training" and turn into the best player. So in other words because it's a small town the kids with the right parents end up getting better while the rest of htem get left behind.

It doesn't surprise me that he's back as second best because that's how he started the show was as second best. I always got from Matt that it was just a game and something to pass his time while there were other people way more serious about it like this new kid. But Matt also has a lot of non-football life to deal with too.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You can see where money makes the difference between the young QB and Serasen (sp?). The rich kid has been afforded all of the luxuries that Matt's family cannot provide. The young kid was moved to the town specifically to train under the coach. Anymore, in some places (Texas being one of them) high school football is, indeed, a business.

Tyra's new boyfriend is a drug abuser.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The McCoy parents irritate me to no end. I do not like them one bit. I think that could be because I can't stand people like that in real life!

LG.

Tyra's cowboy is totally a drug abuser. I feel bad for Matt S too, but you're right, he doesn't have the confidence of the privileged, supported kids. How could he, with how he grew up?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread