+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Re: Friday Night Lights

I'm really hoping that Kristin from E!online is right about all these other networks wanting the show. I don't think a network switch would hurt it. It'd probably help it a lot. I'll be very upset if it goes too.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2808633;
    I'm really hoping that Kristin from E!online is right about all these other networks wanting the show. I don't think a network switch would hurt it. It'd probably help it a lot. I'll be very upset if it goes too.
    Oooh, I hadn't heard this! I hope this is true...It worked for shows like JAG that started on NBC and then switched to CBS (or something like that!)...

When will this be confirmed. I really really hope this show will be back.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Source: Watch with Kristin - <i>Friday Night Lights</i> Update: The Boss Speaks

Just wanted to let you know—because we here at WWK are hanging on every teeny little quiver of movement regarding Friday Night Lights—that we've just heard back from FNL's big boss man himself, Jason Katims.

For you who missed it, we reported last night that although nothing is official yet, a tentative agreement has been reached with NBC and DirecTV to do a dual-platform season three of Friday Night Lights—allowing it to live on in the fall.

Though we'd originally heard much season-three optimism trickling out of Katims' posse (did that sound dirty or was it just me?), Mr. Katims just contacted us to share with us the following statement on the current status of FNL:

"We remain optimistic about the future of the series and appreciate the overwhelming fan support, but it is too premature to comment on the status of any negotiations."

Clear eyes. Full hearts. Can't lose. And I suppose a little patience doesn't hurt either. Hmph.

Stay tuned.

LG.

I was watching some "entertainment news" program tonight which indicated that it was looking like FNL would be renewed for another season, but I don't know if they had any real authority for that statement. Any excuse to show Kyle Chandler on my tv is ok by me.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Watch with Kristin - Bubble Wrap: <i>FNL</i>, <i>Men in Trees</i> and <i>October Road</i> Updates!

"It's not final, but it's close."

That's the latest I'm hearing on NBC's on-the-bubble, fan-favorite series Friday Night Lights—that the deal for season three is "nearly done" (a deal that would bring FNL to both NBC and DirecTV in the fall).

I'm also hearing that castmembers' agents and managers are being told it's looking "likely" that the show will come back this fall for...13 episodes.
    Yes, it seems FNL may be on a probationary period for season three (awaiting pickup of the back nine episodes), but fear not! With the new eyeballs coming to the series via DirecTV, and the new attention to the show via the kickass fanpaigns to save it, surely the ratings will improve and FNL will get a full season. So if you ask me, this is all good news! Or rather, it will be good news...If they'd only finalize everything and announce it.

Perhaps it's just my wishful thinking, but what the hey, I'm gonna toss this out to the universe (ahem, Ben Silverman). It certainly would be a very good thing for an announcement on Friday Night Lights' pickup to come out today or tomorrow, since the cast will be hitting the Paley Television Festival tomorrow night, and that's the perfect opportunity to get some nice, happy, NBC-loving press and to celebrate with the fans.

From yesterday:
    Watch with Kristin - <i>Friday Night Lights</i> Star: &#034;It&#039;s Happening&#034;

Breathe in, breathe out.

Whew! Okay, sorry, I just sprinted up the street to the closest Internet caf&#233; (technically, Casa de Dos Santos) to tell you a Friday Night Lights castmember (not pictured above) just whispered to me the following regarding season three:

"It's happening. I'm not supposed to say anything. We're not supposed to say anything. But it is happening. I want you to know."

Looks very promising!!

There are rumours floating around that NBC has picked up FNL for a third season. I hope it's true!

It's looking very good daddyzgirl.

*keeping my fingers crossed*

Need.More.Kyle.Chandler

I just read that NBC has indeed picked up FNL for another season, and that new episodes will begin next WINTER.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread