+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

LG.

Re: Friday Night Lights

so how about Riggins hosting a talk show on the Christian radio show and hanging out in church? I know it's just to get in good with Lyla, but it won't hurt him. Street and the waitress, do you think she's really pregnant with his baby? I loved his enthusiasm, but man, a baby is a lot of work for the able-bodied folks who aren't 19 years old.

I sure hope this show comes back next year, but if this was the end, I'm glad they got Smash a scholarship so he can attend college, and I'm glad Landry was happy with Tyra (although my hubby was predicting that Jean the spikey-haired girl was going to go all "swim-fan" on Landry if the story continues).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

There was something about the look Jean gave when Landry and Tyra were walking hand in hand, wasn't there?

A couple of things we can do to save FNL!

Write letters or send video to NBC. Let them know why the show should be saved.

Jeff Zucker or Ben Silverman
    NBC / Universal
    100 Universal City Plaza
    Universal City, CA 91608
    (818) 777-1000

Ben Silverman
    c/o NBC Studios
    3000 W. Alameda Ave.
    Burbank, CA. 91523

There are also clever campaign ideas out there from sending footballs, to light bulbs with "Lights on!" written on them to bottles of Clear Eyes (Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose!) to the network.

There is also a webpage: Save Friday Night Lights! and online petitions that you can search for. I believe My Space has a page dedicated to saving the show as well.

Let's keep this show on the air!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Blog Tries to Save 'Friday Night Lights'
    AOL
    Posted: 2008-02-12 10:46:16

(Feb. 11) -- Thanks to the strike, fans of NBC's 'Friday Night Lights' may have seen the last episode of the show that never met a critic who didn't love it. But not if the Best Week Ever blog has a say about it.

The Best Week bloggers have made it their mission to save 'Lights,' building an entire page and petition to save the show (To sign the petition, click here). They ask their readers and 'FNL' fans alike to sign up endorsing their show, hoping to convince NBC to bring it back for another season.

The second season of 'Lights' ended abruptly on Feb. 8, thanks to the Writers Guild of America strike. Thanks to less-than-stellar ratings -- despite being almost unanimously loved by critics -- NBC may not bring the show back at all.

'Lights,' like the H.G. Bissinger book and Peter Berg-directed movie that it follows, is based on a high school football team in a small Texas town, and how the game they love affects their everyday lives. While football is the foundation, the show goes far beyond the field, delving into plotlines of relationships, family and morality.

2008 AOL LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    2008-02-11 15:37:36

Blog Tries to Save 'Friday Night Lights' - AOL Television
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I just caught the last episode and I really liked how they handled the whole Smash thing. I hate those racist creeps, but Smash had to learn that sometimes it doesn't matter if you're right--you will still lose. I know that he was heartbroken that he was going to a university that wasn't his dream school. But that coach knew so much about him and had been following his career since he was in the 7th grade. Smash is a small guy--I don't see him making it into the pros. Most high school stars don't. Hopefully, he will get a great education and become a strong, capable man who will take care of his family (his momma included!). I think I liked this storyline so much because it didn't take the easy way out in giving Smash what he wanted.

I didn't think Landry's spiky haired girl was stalkerish or anything. I think she was hurt and jealous--same as I would be, especially after Tyra told her she had no interest in Landry. I think Tyra cares for Landry...but I don't think she truly wants to be with him. I think she just doesn't want anyone else to have him. Again, this is pretty much true to life in many situations. They're kids and kids do things that isn't always in their best interest.

Street looks like he's about 28 (which I believe the actor is--or somewhere around there). He just looks too old to be 19. I'm kind of bored with his storyline, to tell you the truth.

Riggins--always enjoy looking at him!

The guy that plays Leyla's boyfriend...he's odd looking. Like a leprechuan or something!

Love this show. I will miss it if it isn't renewed...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Riggins...always want to snatch him and shampoo and cut his gnarly looking hair.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Lyla's boyfriend is actually Rory's old boyfriend from Gilmore Girls. If you've ever watched that. He does look more "odd" on FNL though.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2793798;
    Lyla's boyfriend is actually Rory's old boyfriend from Gilmore Girls. If you've ever watched that. He does look more "odd" on FNL though.
    Yeah, I posted that too a few weeks back. I think it's the hair and the way he smiles here...it's kind of smarmy! Hard to explain...

Shay, you're so bad!

I must have missed that! Sorry!! Either way I agree. Smarmy!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2794386;
    I must have missed that! Sorry!! Either way I agree. Smarmy!
    That's ok!

Bad news...looks like the show may be canceled!

Lights out for 'Friday Night?' - CNN.com

(AP) -- Another beloved TV show is close to the chopping block. And yet again, its loyal fans are attempting to stave off the execution.
    art.friday.night.lights.gi.jpg

The fate of "Friday Night Lights," starring Kyle Chandler and Connie Britton, hangs in the balance.

With the writers strike over, a number of shows are in limbo as network executives plot their new schedules. Most notably, the fate of "Friday Night Lights" hangs in the balance.

The hourlong drama, based on the 1990 book by H.G. Bissinger, focuses on a high school football team in Dillon, Texas. It's a deftly written (and elegantly scored) series about a small town in which football is both a blessing and a curse.

For its first season, the Writers Guild Awards nominated it for best drama series. A critic for The New York Times has gushed: "I love `Friday Night Lights."'

Some reports have suggested NBC wants to bring back "Friday Night Lights," which was in the midst of its second season when the strike halted production. Variety has reported a decision from the network likely will not be made for several months.

With such a window, it's clear: Blog now or forever hold your peace.

To that end, Save Friday Night Lights! has been created. The site's goal: inundate NBC entertainment chief Ben Silverman with letters, online petitions, even plastic footballs.

"FNL" hasn't had it easy. Some viewers were initially confused about the series. The book had been adapted into a 2004 movie by the same name, and when it hit the tube, it was oddly scheduled not on its namesake day, but Wednesday. Being up against "American Idol" didn't help, either.

For the second season, it was switched to the more obvious Friday night, but ratings only improved to 6.2 million viewers after 5.9 million in the previous season.

The site for VH1's "Best Week Ever" has also opened a petition to save "FNL": Best Week Ever Save Friday Night Lights.

Such tactics have a checkered rate of success. Way back in 1984, CBS renewed "Cagney and Lacey" after a letter-writing campaign. But acclaimed shows such as Fox's "Arrested Development," the CW's "Veronica Mars" and NBC's "Freaks and Geeks" weren't saved by online petitions.

Sometimes, a gimmick has helped. Fans sent 40,000 pounds of peanuts to CBS after "Jericho" was canceled, prompting the network to bring the show back for a second season. The network did, though, slash the show's budget. When the new season premiered last week, it drew 7 million viewers.

Devotees of the USA Network's "The 4400" have sought to follow in the footsteps of "Jericho." Since the series was canceled after its fourth season in December, more than 6,000 bags of sunflower seed bags have been shipped to USA.

"Friday Night Lights" hopes its plastic footballs will score a touchdown for the series. As of Wednesday,

+ Reply to Thread