+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Re: Friday Night Lights

I missed the episode tonight. Is there somewhere I can get a recap of it?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

In my area they did some kind of all day reruns of FNL... of course starting at 6am so not exactly prime time.... but at least giving people a chance to catch up. Really they could replay it a lot at night now that they have so few new shows on, and those of us who had too many other things to watch might find it.

I found it online and watched it.

I'm not really liking Julie this year. I don't know if it's because she's written like an afterthought or treated like one as a character on the show. Was kind of amazed at the last couple episodes where it was like everyone was getting drunk.

And I was kind of excited about the Tyra thing.

LG.

I re-watched the pilot episode last week (not sure why, exactly) and I was suprised how much the opening of it focused on Matt Seronson. They showed him at home with Grandma, his tattered yard sign falling over. Matt in his junky car with Landry talking about what they're going to do for fun. Matt studying for something while Jason Street and Smash Williams were both giving interviews about their upcoming game. I didn't remember that Matt was really the focus of the show even from the pilot, but I guess it makes sense. I really felt bad for Matt when the coach was tossing him in the shower, yelling at him to get it together and Matt was crying that everyone in his life leaves him, his mom, his dad, Julie, and Carlina (? the home health aid). Hopefully coach can help him get it together, and coach will need to do something to stand up for Smash so he doesn't lose his chance to go to college just because he's defended his sister from racist creeps in a movie theatre. That is so unfair, but I was happy that Smash's mom didn't preach "I told you so" to him, but told Brian she loved him. Hopefully he'll remember that his mom was there for him, even when he disappointed her.

Julie - meh. Do people think Landry made a mistake dumping the spikey haired girl (Jean?) for Tyra? I hope Tyra isn't in it just for the chase (like her mother) and will dump Landry after she finds out he's into her (again). Landry's always been my favorite character because he's a geek - that's why I liked his geeky girl.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I love Landry as a character. The spiky haired girl was starting to get annoying to me and would rather see him with Tyra. Although I wonder if her volleyball stuff is going to impact that whole relationship. I don't know why it would but there has to be something to that story line other than being there to annoy Julie.

I cried when Matt got thrown in the shower. I have abandonment issues and have said the same stuff in the middle of heated stuff like that. It's really raw and I like that they brought that side of him out.

Every episode of the show is on nbc.com for those who can't catch it on tv (like me).

This is hands down the best show on television. I will be devastated if they cancel it.

I almost teared up last night thinking that that could have very well been our last FNL episode... EVER. It was so good. So well done. So well written. So well acted.. just so perfect.

Unfortunately, we have no idea what will happen. However, Jericho viewers went "nuts" over it's cancellation and the network decided to give it another chance. If they do cancel it - we'll just have to speak up!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Here's what I learned from a TV Guide email. It's not necessarily good. It's all, apparently, up in the air.

"Friday Night Lights
    No new episodes expected for this season. Future TBD."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They had already planned on releasing the second season DVD by April. That definitely clued me in to their lack of interest in this show. It's so stupid. I've been reading online that there's a campaign to send lightbulbs to NBC a-la the nuts campaign with Jericho. Going along the theme of clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

+ Reply to Thread