+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 43 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Friday Night Lights

I know! I wish that Tyra hadn't talked him out of calling his dad when it all went down... Apparently Tyra had reported it to the police 'cause they had pictures of her all bruised up...so they could've used self defense--which it was. Now his dad's going to get in trouble, too, for helping Landry cover up the crime...

But you're right--Landry wasn't living a life even though he was "free." The crime had just eaten away at him too much. I can't wait to see what happens next week!!!!

LG.

the previews made it look like Landry was not only going to confess to killing the rapist, but also told his side in such a way as to try to rule out any self-defense explanation. "I hit him (2-3) times in the head with a pipe and I was trying to kill him." It's like he feels he deserves to be punished worse than for what actually happened. Gah, I hope they resolve this without Landry going to prison and his dad losing his job. I think even though Landry is trying to keep Tyra out of his confession, she'll eventually come forward and say that he was defending her life (which can be a legitimate defense to homicide, but not to the stuff that happened afterwards, taking the body and throwing it in the river and burning the car, etc.).

Landry couldn't live with the guilt, so he had to confess, but he doesn't have to make it as bad as possible. He's trying to face the consequences, and I like that he went to Lyla to talk about faith and forgiveness. I know that Street said it first, but Lyla really is a character who changed who she is.

Glad to see Riggins is back on the team, after apologizing to "fire crotch" and the rest of the team. Cracked me up.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Thank goodness they decided that Landry wasn't going to have to go the route of a trial. That would have been brutal!

Not sure who I disliked more Julie or Mrs. Taylor (her name escapes me at the moment). Both had valid points, but, more importantly, both were acting like selfish brats!

Also like Coach Taylor giving Riggins a place to stay. Damn that boy suffers a lot.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

What happened to him being with his brother? I think I missed something. Now he's with a meth lab man??
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2711377;
    What happened to him being with his brother? I think I missed something. Now he's with a meth lab man??
    He moved out 'cause the brother is now sleeping with the woman next door (the one Riggins slept with last year).

Ewwww.

The meth guy is so creepy. I kept waiting for him to smack Riggins and say, "Squeal like a pig!"

As for Julie and Mrs. Taylor...I have really disliked Julie all season. She cheated on Matt (who seems happier now anyhow), was totally disrespectful to her mother and is completely jealous of Gracie. Yes, it is difficult not being the sole apple of your parents' eyes anymore, but part of being a family is pitching in when needed. She's 16 and it shouldn't be such a burden to show at least a minimal interest in your baby sister every now and again.

On an unrelated but much more pleasant topic, I melt everytime I see Kyle Chandler holding that baby...

I am way too addicted to this show and I proved it to myself last night when I let out a huge "WooHoo!!!" when Landry told Tyra they weren't pressing charges against him. (My husband and daughter both think I've lost it completely!)

I wonder how many weeks it's going to be before new episodes start being shown and how many more they'd finished before the Writers Strike started.
    Love lives forever <3

Quote Originally Posted by freethinker;2711548;
    I wonder how many weeks it's going to be before new episodes start being shown and how many more they'd finished before the Writers Strike started.
    All I know if that there won't be any more new episodes this month. At the end of the episode, the voiceover guy said something like, "See new episodes in the new year..." I hope everything's settled by early Jan. and we don't have to wait until May or something!!!!

Did anyone watch tonight? I feel so bad for Riggins though...he just cannot catch a break! I also liked when Landry picked the fight with the other team...he was so smart and funny...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I loved it when Coach punked the other coach in front of his own team!!! It was long overdue, but right on time!!!

Poor Landry. Can't know that his dad told Tyra told her to stay away from him.

This is one of the best shows on the air!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Riggins just.. can't.. catch.. a.. break!! Even when he's a really great guy looking out for Julie's welfare! That made me sad. Especially when you saw how great Coach and Riggins were bonding. Playing pingpong, Coach standing up for him, Riggins taking care of Gracie..etc. Sigh!!

Love this show. It conflicted with Women's Murder Club and I could only tape one, of course FNL got the win!

+ Reply to Thread