+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Friday Night Lights

I think Riggins brother and the neighbor lady were much less ick than Riggins' and the neighbor lady.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.

Good point. Riggins is in HIGH SCHOOL and adults / parents / neighbors should just NOT be sleeping with high school kids.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

What is up with Julie?! Is this her way of rebelling? I don't know if like her change. I love this show and I always want more when it comes to the end. I don't think this episode did much to move the plot along persay, but I also don't think every episode has to when they're so well written.

LG.

Julie isn't getting enough attention at home since her baby sister was born and she's going out of her way to get negative attention. First she was fooling around with the Swede and ended up screwing up her relationship with Sorenson. Then she was bratty to her mom, trying to get a rise out of her, and mom ended up slapping her and feeling bad about it. Now she's trying to get a reaction out of dad, so why not attack his football program. Of course she probably has a point about the fairness to the other sports and activities (and as the new athletic director that is her dad's responsibility now), but you don't air family laundry in the school newspaper. Unless you really want to get your parents' attention.

I think she's being a spoiled brat this year. My daughter was much more mature about having a new sibling and she's six years older than her brother. Hopefully at least Julie will realize what a PITA babies can be and she won't make a mistake.

Landry telling Tyra about the car burning up - I missed her reaction, what did she say to Landry after that? I want to see them get back together. Landry is my favorite on the show, as I love his geek-appeal. Heck, I'd love to see his pathetic "band" have another gig, as that cracked me up.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Julie hasn't even made an attempt to get to know her baby sister.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Why was that guy called the Swede? I assumed he'd be a Swedish exchange student (which would've made the plot more entertaining for me), but he seemed like just another stoner American kid...

I love that Matt stood up for himself and didn't go back to Julie. I really liked Julie last season, but I don't like where she's headed this season...looks like she and the teacher are going to have an affair. I will say that Matt and his grandmother's caretaker are hot together... It looks like both Matt and Julie will be having affairs with people in their early 20's... which is kind of icky in real life, but it'ss kind of fun to watch on a fictional TV show.

While I don't condone hitting your kids, Julie needed a reality check. I don't think Tammy hit her that hard--it was the shock of being hit at all that was numbing... I know that people get jealous of baby siblings, but honestly--there's a 16 year age difference. I would've been thrilled to have had a baby brother or sister when I was 16. Babies are so cute!

And just looking at Kyle Chandler makes me happy...

If this happened in real life, it'd be wrong on so many levels...but I loved Matt getting together with his grandma's aide. They were just so...so...hot!

I'm really starting to dislike Julie...yes, I know that parents can be a pain. But she is just downright rude to her parents, particularly to her mother.

What is it with this show and putting high school students into sexual relationships with adults? Enough is enough.

Does anyone know how old the nurse's aide is supposed to be? If she's 18 and Matt's 16, that's not too creepy. But if she's 26... I think someone said upthread that they were close in age, but I don't remember hearing how old she was.

The problem is that in the casting, so many of the actors playing adults look about as old as the actors playing the kids. The actor playing Julie's English teacher would look about the same age as Matt and all the other football players if they put him in jeans and a t-shirt. I think the only two who are close to h.s. age are the actors playing Julie (who I think is 19 or 20 now) and the actor playing Landry (I think he's 18 or 19).

Man, watching Landry walk into the station and admit he killed the guy. Bah!! I was so sad. Not that he couldn't stay silent, but the reprecussions that'll fall from it. Love that this isn't in reruns yet!

+ Reply to Thread