+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Re: Friday Night Lights

I wouldn't go so far as to say it's jumped the shark just yet. While that one storyline seems jump-esq, the rest is still really good.

It was really nice, in a "realistic" way to see that Tammy doesn't have it all together and that she does need help!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yesterday's episode was great! Glad to see that Coach is finally coming home, where he is needed. Poor Tammy was an affair looking for a place to happen...though not intentionally. I was glad to see her put her foot down with her daughter. Too bad she had to slap her, but daughter had that coming.

I still love this show!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I agree! I love that the coach is coming home. I really dislike the new coach and I think he picks on certain players way more than others (e.g., Riggins). Smash is annoying the heck out of me though. He's a prime example of ego gone awry.
    Looking forward to Riggins and Street on the road.
    Julie's behaviour certainly warranted some kind of intervention. It's too bad her mom had to react to such bratty behaviour.

If you did not watch last night's episode, shame shame. If you did are you in agreeance with me that this was probably the best episode of the season? It had everything that I love about FNL in it. The tender family moments, the tender friend moments and drunken singing (karaoke in a bar is always a good idea )!
    I'm glad Coach Taylor's back, but I don't think we've seen the last of the new coach. He will definitely be back; perhaps as a rival team's coach in the finals?

Rough times, here.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.

I'm still watching, but I'm still shaking my head over the fact that Landry hasn't told his FATHER, THE COP about the fight with the rapist that ended up with them tossing his body into the river (with Landry's grandpa's watch on him).

I think it will come out shortly because Landry's dad is going to tell Landry to stop seeing Tyra because he now knows that she was raped and in his dad's mind somehow shady. Then Landry will defend Tyra and hopefully he'll come clean about the fight and get it resolved as a self-defense killing with the only chargable offenses was failure to report and unlawful disposing of a body.

Let's hope anyway, as I'm ready to buried this plot
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG.

oh, and Matt Sorenson is going to hook up with his grandma's home health aide soon. Just watch for it. And Julie will be jealous, because the Swede doesn't give a damn about her.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Some rough times for the FNL gang. Glad Jason's not having the surgery. But wow, what was with the heat between Lyla and Riggins? Smokin'! Glad Matt grew a bit of a backbone to stand up for himself in his relationship, but I think that means they may be leading him to his grandma's nurse for sure. I wish they hadn't mucked up "Lance" and Tyra's relationship with the whole murder thing.
    Another solid episode.

Personally, I don't see one wrong/troublesome story line on this entire show. It is fantastic!!

LG.

aren't people at school going to wonder where Landry's car went? I can't believe that his dad, the police officer, thought burning up the car and leaving it in the quarry was the best solution. Hopefully dad-cop-genius will figure out that Tyra knows what happened and call off his prohibition against Tyra seeing Landry.

Julie is jealous that Matt is interested in the way-forward new girl - but I still think Matt is going to be more interested in the home help assistant for his grandma. She's not that much older than Matt, and what else is there for her to do in Dillon?

I liked that Riggins helped out Lyla's friend (the guy from juvie - can't remember his name) with how to play football. I know that coach is going to give Riggins credit for that, even if he's not ready to completely forgive and forget yet. Riggins' icky brother, going on about the neighbor lady. Iiick.

+ Reply to Thread