+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Friday Night Lights

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Friday Night Lights

I am soooo excited that this show is starting tonight that I don't know what to do!!! It has been too long!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;2596794;
    Hey, did you all notice they finally listened to me and the show is actually airing on Fridays now! Whoo hoo!
    Woot! I'll be watching tonight, that's for sure!!!

For any of you who are home today, Bravo has had a "FNL" martathon all day today... But I bought the box set when it came out so I'm all set!

Can't WAIT to see what happens tonight!

Great episode! Definitely worth the wait...

It was a great episode. Cannot believe the Landry/Tyra storyline. That was just so sad and surprising. I do like the fact that they pushed up the timeline so it was 8 months later. Not liking the coach replacement!

I loved it, too. Do you know why they had the championship ring ceremony this late (e.g. 8 months later, rather than right after they won the championship)?

Kyle Chandler...even sleepy he looked gorgeous.

I thought the timing of the ceremoney was a little off-wonder how long it'll take before he's coaching again!

I find it hard as a parent to understand how easily he caved when his daughter gave her explanation about being at a bar at midnight. She's still in highschool and I know if that were me I'd have been silent due to intense anger and not wanting to just go off. But it's a show and I have to remember that. The Landry storyline......not sure where that's gonna go but I'm quite interested to see it unfold.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I really wished Tyra had reported her attack after it happened. And again after the rapist tried to run her down at the pool parking lot. Then the police would have a record of it and the guy's murder would be seen as self defense. Something bad is going to happen. There is no way a kid like Landry is going to be able to live with having killed a man--even a piece of scum like the rapist--and not turn himself in. I think that even without all the past attack/stalking, Landry would've been in a good position to NOT serve jail time. He's an honors student who's never been in trouble (other than the incident at the strip club last season, where they were in trouble for being underage) and his dad's a cop. The ER doctor would've been able to substantiate that Landry had been hit hard by this other guy...

Anyhow, it was just good drama. I think the actors who play Landry and Tyra are exceptional. They just bring such depth to their roles.

Regarding Julie having a crush on the pool guy... Why did they keep calling him the Swede? I thought he'd be a Swedish exchange student or something but he sounds and looks just like an American boy. The whole thing about her feeling guilty for liking him, even though there's nothing wrong with Matt... It just reminds me that high school kids are just so young, and there's really no reason for them to have serious commitments with each other. I wish they'd just have fun with each other and date in groups and not take this whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing so seriously (and not sleep with each other at that young age, either). There's nothing wrong with her wanting to date other boys. I think that Matt's negative is that he's a good guy and a gentleman. Women will appreciate that when he grows up to be a man (and hopefully doesn't lose those traits). But young girls are drawn to the bad boys. The Swede knew she had a crush on him and he didn't care. His ego was lifted that she came to see him at the club and he had no problem just leaving her there--even knowing how young she is. I don't like him.

But it looks like from the previews that she will kiss the jerk (Swede) in the next episode.

Poor Matt...

LG.

I was happy to see the show return, but I found it very out of character that Landry (whose father is a cop?!?!?!) didn't call 911 in the parking lot of the convenience mart. I don't like the whole "I know what you did last summer" plot line, but I do like seeing sleepy Kyle Chandler making googly eyes with a little baby.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

Oh Oh, this show seems to have jumped the shark already.

+ Reply to Thread