+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas season 4

Re: Las Vegas season 4

Wow, 2 full hours for that crap of a show?! Vaness was 100% right, this show only stayed on the air because of James Caan. As great as Tom Selleck is, I just don't see him being able to carry this show past this season.

This was a waste of my time and thank god I was watching it during commercials of Moonlight and Numb3rs.

I enjoyed the two hour premiere... And....

Actually, I don't miss Caan a bit... He seemed too old and too much Infomercial 'something' - dyed and made up... Selleck can do his role with one hand on his gun and the other twirling his mustache...

And I disagree that Caan was the mover and shaker of this show... For me, it's all about Josh Duhamel and Vanessa Marcil (as well as the 2 other hotties in the security department..) Those two are my favorite Soap stars, who have "moved on up" and the guy in the wheelchair, was also a fave on the ABC soaps for a long time......

I think Selleck will put a much different/better spin on things..

;0))
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

OH...

And I really don't miss Mary, Mary quite overflowing her non-bra... There were times I felt really embarrassed for her... I would have looked away, if the camera would have made that an option...

;0))

I agree, there was no missing Mary. But I just don't like any of the storylines. I don't like Delinda, so her being pregnant with Danny's baby just sucks for me. I like Sam and Mike, but I just still think something was missing or off. But I do agree Tom'll give a much different spin.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I too do not miss mary, i will however miss the dynamic of the Mary/Danny storyline.. it did add something, plus i DO NOT, at all, like delinda.

I love Jimmy, and I will miss Big Ed. His personality was what this show was built around. I loved his wife too.. altho i wish shed haul off and smack her kid once in a while when it was needed!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Yeah, Delinda can take a hike anytime, too.... I prefer my Danny with no entanglements... Though I'd love to see some action between him and Sam...

The actress playing Delinda was on Regis & Kelly the other day... She's wearing the pregnant suit, which keeps getting bigger and bigger, and hotter and heavier... The other cast members come up to her and give her good pokes in the belly and the breasts (attached to the suit), and make silly comments... I guess they are filming around month 6 right now, so a miscarriage is out of the question...

FORT Fogey

I will miss James Caan, but am willing to continue watching to see what Selleck brings to the table.

I don't like Vanessa Marcil, but do enjoy James Lesure and Josh Duhamel. Delinda is not as annoying as she used to be.

Once they split up Danny and Mary, Nikki Cox became a useless character.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Delinda is marginally less the spoiled brat/annoying person she was in the past. I frankly never saw what Danny saw in her beyond the obvious, and there's apparently no shortage of that in Vegas. She seemed incredibly shallow. I guess with her daddy gone she'll actually have to worry about having a job and depend on Danny and her salaries to live...tough for her.
    I feel sorry for her mom not to be able to do the Grandma stuff tho! Maybe the birth of this poor kid will be the occasion for a return visit by Caan et al. Guest shot stuff.
    And I agree, PK, like seeing my daytime soap stars move up to a night time soap!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Since this show actually was new last night, thought I'd bring it back to the front page. My update thoughts....pregnant Delinda is better than sex obsessed Delinda (not that the two are mutually exclusive with her), and she seems more into her job, and their relationship seems more like a marriage. Obviously if the baby survives this is a relationship the producers are committed to... Sigh.
    Liked Mike's "granddaughter" last night--a real cutie. Sam as the ghost of Christmas past was just weird...and I have to say looked a bit haggard. Not sure what the message was supposed to be though... he's really, really, really good at security work, so he should run for mayor of Las Vegas?
    And something I meant to comment on a show or so back.... Selleck gives Sam a big lecture about how people with less money still deserve to be treated with respect.... when the "less money" guy she poured a drink on, his ranch neighbor that Selleck wanted to keep in good with, I forget why, but something not just neighborly, had treated Sam with complete DISrespect, pretty much calling her a hooker repeatedly in front of the car contest crowd. I thought for sure that was going to come back to bite Selleck when he found out what really happened, or that the speech was going to end with him giving her the ok for having treated the guy that way, and instead he fires her and only hires her back because he needs her whale skills and database. Not a good message about the limits of sexual harassment on a job, to say the least. Nor in fitting with "Cooper"'s character, assuming he had any idea what happened. Still hoping some day he hears what was being said.
    And a bit depressing to see the whole, wow, sex with twins, yes, I'll give you the night off for that, men have to help each other out getting such a great treat, bit. Dying mother, no, Christmas, no, but sex with twins, sure. You got the feeling that even if Mike HAD had something better to do he would have found a way to let Mitch off.
    And that's it for Las Vegas, and just about everything else fictional until "the new year" aka the end of the writers' strike, which I gather doesn't look that near.
    Well, maybe it will help me break my TV habit! Or at least catch up on my videotapes!

So, I decided to watch the season finale or the finale because of the writer's strike and now everything I read says that the show's well on its way to being cancelled. I'm disappointed because now I want to know what happens!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast