+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas season 4

I have absolutely hated the past 2 shows.
    I despise Delinda
    Danny is stupid
    Mary is pissed and calling everyone out!
    Jillian wasn't little miss sunshine for once.
    Very few good aspects of the show so far this season. Sam is icky despicable
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I tend to despise Delinda as well. She's always seemed like a spoiled brat to me. I also didn't like the way they mocked the sexual harassment seminar...the guy's right..most of the time workplace romances are very risky. And dating between different levels of management is really ripe for exploitation. Danny and Delinda don't count tho, as whatever technical rank difference they have is offset by her being Ed's daughter... if anything, Danny's job is at risk if/when this goes south, unless it is Delinda's idea. Interesting how all their sex games are tied up in power differentials.... Wonder what happens when he gets tired of "games". Back to Mary? Or is she too "sweet" for him now?
    Of course, to give her her due, Delinda's right that Mary can't keep dibs on Danny forever.
    Re the seminar, the one good thing was that Danny summarized the main issues in his speech at the end, and what to do about it, saying management cares...but it's "cool" because he's not a "dweeb" and he doesn't call it what it is, sexual harassment.
    Liked the joke about Ed being a good "actor".
    Sam is really really seeming like a prostitute these days... sex for info, sure! Of course didn't we learn once that that's what she used to be?

They should have swapped out Delinda instead of Nessa. I really don't like Delinda. All her parts make me fastforward right on through them and it's a shame since Danny's in almost all of him. It's also bad that those now are most of the scenes he's in in an episode.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Hang in there... they are trying to see if they spend time together if they can get along. So far Delinda seems to be all about the sex and Danny seems to want to talk....
    AND I just saw a shout out to The Office... they said that Dunder Mifflin (the paper company where the office workers work) had just reserved some large room for a convention, and that they should probably lay in extra security. LV does crossovers with Jordan, so maybe this is laying the groundwork for a future one...or maybe just a plug for another NBC show.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2137039;
    Hang in there... they are trying to see if they spend time together if they can get along. So far Delinda seems to be all about the sex and Danny seems to want to talk....
    AND I just saw a shout out to The Office... they said that Dunder Mifflin (the paper company where the office workers work) had just reserved some large room for a convention, and that they should probably lay in extra security. LV does crossovers with Jordan, so maybe this is laying the groundwork for a future one...or maybe just a plug for another NBC show.
    Perhaps. Or it could be a plot to keep adding further to the show's contribution to the "Tommy Westphall's Mind" list.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2137121;
    Perhaps. Or it could be a plot to keep adding further to the show's contribution to the "Tommy Westphall's Mind" list.
    Interesting site---hadn't seen that before! I was a big St. Elsewhere fan, so interesting connections.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2137516;
    Interesting site---hadn't seen that before! I was a big St. Elsewhere fan, so interesting connections.
    The big conceit here is that because of that bizarre series ending, that the people behind this are trying to justify that pretty much all television ever created had to also have ultimately been in Tommy's autistic brain.

A lot of the actual first level connections OUT of the St. Elsewhere series are actually in the nature of on-set jokes and props left lying around. But once you get beyond the initial linkages, a lot of this is only even possible, because throughout their whole history NBC has always been into "crossovers" between series (particularly between any of their shows appearing in programming blocks). But then again, ABC has often pulled the same stunt.

The actual latest chart is here: http://home.vicnet.net.au/~kwgow/crossovers(full).jpg

You have to go back to the blog (or for older stuff this text file) to search out the explanations for most of the linkages shown on that. Some, of course, are obvious to even a casual TV viewer. I mean it makes sense that someone or something on "Diagnosis: Murder" was referred to on "Matlock". Different network, but they share some of the same broadcast years and have the same "old fogey" audience. Also, one of the same executive producers--Fred Silverman.

Some links aren't as obvious. I mean... does a linkage between "Diagnosis: Murder" and "Lost" make inherent sense? It does if you know that the stock footage used to represent Oceanic Airlines Flight 815 was ORIGINALLY from a theatrical movie with Kurt Russell called "Executive Decision" and was also used on "Diagnosis Murder", as well as of course "Lost" (and the fictional airline itself and/or that footage has been used or mentioned on tons of other series since then). The plane is clearly marked "Oceanic" on the outside, so that establishes that Oceanic Airlines exists in lots of places. The Office's Dunder Mifflin Inc. will probably get the same treatment over the years, being used and reused as a background gag on other shows.
    Last edited by Krom; 11-11-2006 at 05:10 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

This was a crossover episode with Crossing Jordan. It makes me wonder when the latter will be back.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2146314;
    This was a crossover episode with Crossing Jordan. It makes me wonder when the latter will be back.
    It's always weird to me when they do this, as Woody is such a doofus on LV and so serious on CJ. Jordan changes less, but even she is not quite herself, more glamorous.
    Still not liking Delinda. On the other hand Sam continues to be skanky and Mary has had something really weird done to her upper lip so I don't know who I want Danny with. At least he's trying.... Delinda still seems like a spoiled brat.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2146409;
    It's always weird to me when they do this, as Woody is such a doofus on LV and so serious on CJ. Jordan changes less, but even she is not quite herself, more glamorous.
    Still not liking Delinda. On the other hand Sam continues to be skanky and Mary has had something really weird done to her upper lip so I don't know who I want Danny with. At least he's trying.... Delinda still seems like a spoiled brat.
    ITA! Mary looks like she's one step from melting if someone lights a match around her... If I was Danny, I think I would've been totally ticked off that Delinda threw away all the furniture and clothes he liked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast