+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 107 123456789101151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Dexter

Did anyone watch this on Showtime? It is about a Forensic Cop who is actually a serial killer. I thought it was a comedy and was dissapointed that it isn't. It was one of the most graphic shows that I have ever seen.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

I thought it was great! I love these kinds of shows. I was a huge fan of Six Feet Under and Dexter's graphics are close to that for sure! Sorry you didn't like it babymay. The writing is superb though.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Oh yeah, this show is freaky dark. It's brilliant though. I gotta give Showtime a high five for creating some great shows as of late.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

We are actually considering getting showtime JUST so we can watch this show doean anyone know of you can DL it on iTunes yet?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I saw this last night. My god. I've STILL got chills running up and down my spine.

This topic should have about 10 pages by now, but I think a lot of people have missed out on this (its on Showtime--and don't worry it's only up to Episode 2, so you can easily download the one previous episode to catch up).

But a warning to those who see this now and go back and watch it. This is situational ethics at their most challenging. Liking this guy would seem to be even harder than liking Tony Soprano, and yet... the show is so well done and the character so fascinating you DO like him in a bizarre fashion.

Don't make the mistake of expecting something even remotely resembling "Six Feet Under" though. This is 180 degrees away from that, except for the star, some of the design values, and I suppose the fact that it involves a lot of dark humor (although of a completely different sort).

Don't watch it right before bedtime. But also, I think, don't be ashamed of laughing at certain moments. Some of the interactions onscreen are doubly priceless, even moreso in a sick way, because of what Dexter is. And the contrast between his voiceovers, in that dark cold tone and the rather cheery tone he uses to "fool" the rest of the world? That's one of the creepiest bits.

The word "brilliant" is often thrown around a bit too easily. But the first episode of this show, at the very least, was definitely completely and totally brilliant.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I can't wait to watch it tonight on DVR (along with Weeds!). He is really good and creepy at the end of the first episode when he says (paraphrase):

"It's as if he's inviting me to play....and yes....I really do."
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I saw episode 2 last night and LOVE IT!! The sister is getting on my nerves though but I love the interaction between Dexter and his "girlfriend". I can't wait to see how this develops.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Eerily brilliant!! Michael C. Hall is a great choice to play the lead. A wonderful young actor that most of us only know as the gay brother on Six Feet Under. This part is a wild departure from the uptight, repressed younger brother of that show. WARNING: DON'T WATCH WHILE EATING!

Quote Originally Posted by aname View Post
    Eerily brilliant!! Michael C. Hall is a great choice to play the lead. A wonderful young actor that most of us only know as the gay brother on Six Feet Under. This part is a wild departure from the uptight, repressed younger brother of that show. WARNING: DON'T WATCH WHILE EATING!
    1.) Don't watch while eating.
    2.) Don't watch right before going to bed.
    3.) Don't watch with or near children.
    4.) Don't watch with someone who thinks this is a CSI clone, or believes it has anything to do with Six Feet Under.
    5.) I would at least guess "Don't watch episodes out of sequence", because it seems to me, at the very least, that the Pilot episode is a VERY necessary introduction.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Wow! I will be sure to catch this. My guess is that I should tape it and watch it in broad daylight?
    Last edited by haejin; 10-09-2006 at 08:39 PM.
    Gustav Holst was right!

+ Reply to Thread