+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 107 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Just google "dexter recap" and you should get several good recaps to choose from : up
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

oh no . . . what is going on w twc??? i see somethign abt them dropping cbs too when i'm watching big brother . . . . ugh! i knnow your pain tho - i was calling directv angry everyday when they were having some kind of tiff w (omg, i think it was twc lol!!!!) and we weren't able to get the laker games in LOS ANGELES!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm in total shock! I will not be seeing how this series ends. I have watched every episode from day one and now I will miss the final ending of the season! Time Warner in my area has dropped Showtime! To say I'm furious is an understatement. I'm waiting until tomorrow to call with my complaint, because I'm afraid I'll say something inappropriate. I'm sure they have gotten an earfull from all the angry Dexter fans. (Michael C. Hall was born and raised in Raleigh, NC, my hometown, and he has many fans in this area.)

Showtime's website says they tried to convince TWC to allow the shows to aire while they negtiated over money, so the customers wouldn't be deprived of their favorite shows, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO. TWC cut it off abruptly. There are no words.......................

Oh, okay. The Showtime website says you can watch live streaming for free on their site, but I can't figure out how it works. Maybe I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Please come back post what happened since I'll be missing it tonight.
    Unfortunately, to watch episodes through the Showtime website you have to be a subscriber through one of these companies:
    AT&T U-VERSE
    COMCAST XFINITY
    DIRECTV
    OPTIMUM
    VERIZON FIOS

I still get Showtime and I can't even watch online since my cable company is Charter!

I'm exploring my options. I hope to be able to catch up by this Sunday. I'm missing Ray Donavan too!

I read an article that says TWC is likely to fold on this, because they have the most to lose. I pray they work something out and get the stuff back on the air. I don't have a good opinion of TWC. It's a long story. Don't get me started. lol

I'm exploring my options. I hope to be able to catch up by this Sunday. I'm missing Ray Donavan too!

I read an article that says TWC is likely to fold on this, because they have the most to lose. I pray they work something out and get the stuff back on the air. I don't have a good opinion of TWC. It's a long story. Don't get me started. lol
    I realize that TWC is "Time Warner Cable", but whenever I see it my first thought is "The Weather Channel"
    Debb70 likes this.

Does anyone else think there is a weird timeline issue going on in this episode?
    As far as I recall, when last season ended Hannah went to jail and Deb walked in on Dex and LaGuerta and killed LaGuerta. When this season began enough time had passed that Deb had left the police force and was in a downward spiral. It seemed to me that it was probably several months (6-8 maybe?) between the seasons. However, when Hannah was telling Dexter about her relationship with Miles it sounded (to me) like she met him after she got out of jail, but she also said "a few years ago". I didn't even think she would have time to get out of jail for this season, much less meet a guy and get married!? Even if we give them the benefit of the doubt and assume Hannah met Miles at some point before she went to jail, the guy is completely obsessed with her. Did he wait to start his obsession until after she got out of lockup? That seems unlikely, but if he was obsessed with her pre-jail then he certainly would have been on Dexter's radar when he was with Hannah before.

Can someone make sense of this for me!?!?

I saw the kid killing Dexter's neighbor coming a mile away. Completely anti-climatic. It also seems to depart from the storyline. Dexter let the kid off his table when he found out the kid was killing women (and planning to kill his dad) because they had all been complicit in ruining his mom's life. Doesn't that imply this kid had *some* control over his impulses? Now he is suddenly out of control and killing completely random people??

I also called Masuka's daughter working at a job that called for nudity (although my comment was that she was probably a stripper). That was a completely obvious turn of events as well.

I was so frustrated after watching this episode. Sigh.

I'm blocked out of the show due to the Time Warner Cable problem, however, when Hannah left the show a season or two ago, she disappeared. She didn't go to jail. Recall she left town, but first left a flower at Dexter's door. Dexter didn't turn her in.

I'm blocked out of the show due to the Time Warner Cable problem, however, when Hannah left the show a season or two ago, she disappeared. She didn't go to jail. Recall she left town, but first left a flower at Dexter's door. Dexter didn't turn her in.
    Okay, I went and looked up a recap because I remembered her being in jail. Here is the super short version. She did go to jail. Dexter felt he had to turn her in after she poisoned Deb. However, in the courtroom her old camp buddy slipped her a drug that caused her to go into seizures. She was taken to the hospital and then escaped there. That makes a little more sense, but it still does not make sense for her to be traipsing around the US where she is more likely to be recognized as an escaped murderer!

I enjoyed this episode much more than the last one. I like that Deb is moving toward rejoining the police force, which is her calling IMO. I DID think that the kid killed Cassie, and did NOT see his murder coming! THAT was a good twist, but a bit of a bummer because I finally started to like that kid this episode. "Are we there yet?"
    There is definitely going to be a revelation of some sort with the good doctor. When she was serving them dinner, my thought was "WHO are they eating??" Maybe the doctor is the real brain surgeon?
    cablejockey and Hyper like this.

That's right. Hannah escaped from the hospital. I must have blocked it out, because I despise her so much. lol

I just watched the episode of Dexter and was jolted when we find Zak dead! What was the purpose of getting Dex to help him and all those funny scenes after we find out he didnt kill Cassie? They got me to like him being around and yanked him off!
    wannasee likes this.

+ Reply to Thread