+ Reply to Thread
Page 98 of 107 FirstFirst ... 48888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I don't like that they have inserted this new female character to be Quinn's competition for promotion. I spent the first few episodes thinking she was a newbie and I couldn't figure out why she was there. She was in the crime scenes and would get a single, unnecessary line. Then all of a sudden in the last couple of episodes we find out she is so talented that she is challenging for promotion against a character that has been in that department for years. This whole part of the story just feels so extraneous.

I'm also not wild about the Quinn-Jamie relationship. I think she can do better!
    I am pretty sure I remember seeing her last season but not as prominently. I wish that they would have made her be there longer so that it didn't seem like she just waltzed in and become sergent (I have a feeling Batista is going to pick her). But any way the idea of Seargent Quinn makes me cringe. The man isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Deb was lucky she chose to confess to him about killing Laguerta than someone sharper. I don't really like the Quinn-Jamie relationship either and I don't like seeing them rolling around in bed together. Quinn has just gotten too gaunt looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Even with my spoilers, I'm not sure about the Brain Surgeon killer yet. Maybe it's solved, even though it makes no sense or maybe they got the wrong guy.

I do wish they had limited the characters and storyline to seeing more of Deb and Dex. All this stuff about the office and who is promoted and Jamie, Quinn and Vogel, etc. It's just not that important to me. It's time wasted, IMO.
    SPOILER ALERT! THIS CONTAINS HUGE PLOT DEVELOPMENTS AND FINAL ENDING RESULTS
    It may or may not be accurate, though thus far, they have been correct.
    Click to see Spoiler:

Sorry this is jumbled, but I'm trying to be as concise as possible. Dexter believes that the son of the rich man that was involved with the murdered woman killed his neighbor, but for some reason he spares his life. Hannah returns. Dexter wants to help her escape the law. Dexter infoms the Police department that he is leaving them. They give him a going away party. Vogel's enemy shows up. It is suspected he is a long lost son. He murders Vogel. I think as it turns out he is the one who murdered Dexter's neighbor. Dexter has the chance to kill him, but does not. I'm not sure why. I think his name is Saxton. A United States Marshall enters the picture too, but I'm not sure if he and Saxton are the same character or not. This Saxton goes to kill Dexter and Deb saves Dexter's life. A huge hurricane is predicted for Miami and Dexter, Deb, and Harrison are going to leave with Hannah for South American. Some how, this Saxon goes after Deb to kill her. Dexter is with Hannah and Harrison at the airport trying to flee when he can't reach Deb by phone and she doesn't show up. He fears they will be caught by security so he calls in a bomb threat and tries to leave by bus. He realizes something is wrong when he sees a photo of Saxton on the tv that he is a killer. He runs to save Deb, but is too late. It seems Deb was taken to a mental hospital. Dexter kills the guy. Dexter takes Deb's body with him. Is Deb truly dead or just unconscious? I'm not sure. Does Dexter then escape with Hannah and Harrison? I'm not sure yet. I find this ending very depressing, but please do not comment about anything in it, so you don't ruin it for the others who don't want to know.
    I hope some of the stuff in the spoiler turns out to be wrong. There are way too many storylines slapped together--I agree on that one. I don't want the rich kid's son to become Dexter's sidekick, like the previews seem to imply. I find it weird the Brain Surgeon has been killed so quickly (if it was him--personally I think Vogel is a bit suspicious and has some role in it) and I find it weird that no one cares about El Sapo or the diamonds or whether Deb killed him. And I find it abnormal that Deb was so conflicted and troubled about Dexter and now all is well. I love Masuka having a daughter and also that she has his laugh. I hope Deb finds nothing on her.

The spoilers may not be accurate. I'm prepared for that. You never know. And I still don't know if Yates was the real Brain Surgeon killer.

FORT Fan

I'm tired of seeing all this therapy type of banter with Dexter, Debra and the woman doctor. I know it's an important part of the story, but I've seen enough of the back and forth of Dexter and Debra being mad at each other, it's getting rather boring and redundant.

It's about time they actually gave Masuka some type of storyline. They hardly ever show him outside of the office for some reason.

I'm in total shock! I will not be seeing how this series ends. I have watched every episode from day one and now I will miss the final ending of the season! Time Warner in my area has dropped Showtime! To say I'm furious is an understatement. I'm waiting until tomorrow to call with my complaint, because I'm afraid I'll say something inappropriate. I'm sure they have gotten an earfull from all the angry Dexter fans. (Michael C. Hall was born and raised in Raleigh, NC, my hometown, and he has many fans in this area.)

Showtime's website says they tried to convince TWC to allow the shows to aire while they negtiated over money, so the customers wouldn't be deprived of their favorite shows, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO. TWC cut it off abruptly. There are no words.......................

FORT Fan

I don't get Showtime, so I watch each episode streaming online for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I don't get Showtime, so I watch each episode streaming online for free.
    I didn't know you could do that. Does it stream the same time it airs on Sunday nights?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I didn't know you could do that. Does it stream the same time it airs on Sunday nights?
    With the sites I use, it's usually not at the exact same time that it's airing, but it should be soon afterwards that links start going up for the Dexter show. I would think it would be sometime during that same night at least. And you can just watch it whenever you want at your own convenience.

Just a reminder that those sites aren't exactly legal, so we don't allow links here
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, okay. The Showtime website says you can watch live streaming for free on their site, but I can't figure out how it works. Maybe I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Please come back post what happened since I'll be missing it tonight.

+ Reply to Thread