+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 107 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I don't believe that Deb has turned into a killer. She didn't remember much about what happened with that guy that attacked her. IMO, it's obvious that her boss drugged her with something in that drink he gave her. He is the one that killed the guy and stole the jewels.

I am now really wary of the Dr. I wonder if she is the one with the gloved hand with gun in that video. I wish Dexter would really research her. Is she really who she says she is. In that video tape with Dexter's dad, you couldn't see her face. I think she may not be what she seems.
    cablejockey likes this.

I'm loving the new season, but hate that it is the last one. I'm glad that I like Ray Donovan. Otherwise, without After Dark, I don't know why I would keep SHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    I'm loving the new season, but hate that it is the last one. I'm glad that I like Ray Donovan. Otherwise, without After Dark, I don't know why I would keep SHO.
    I like Ray too, but I also like Nurse Jackie. I dont' know if I like it enough to keep Showtime either. OH, I forgot. I like Homeland too. I will probably just keep it to see Dexter through this finale season. And then Homeland wraps up, let it go again until the next season.

Dexter wasn't very appealing to me last night. I did like that Masuka's kid turned up. Now that was a nice surprise!

I have some spoilers if anyone is interested. I'll put in caps of course. I think they may be pretty on point, since they had described the car accident last night about a week prior.

FORT Fan

This new season has seemed slower than normal.

Yeah, it's not generating much buzz like you would expect on the series finale. I suspect it's because the writing has just gone so far down. Dexter does silly things like droping off a body at an ER. I guess we are suppose to believe that he found one without cameras out front. I doubt any exist. Hard to buy.

Then we have him turn his cell phone on speaker phone while he's broken into the house of a possible serial killer and lets this dangerous guy know all his secrets. So lame. lol

Jamie and Quinn are not very interesting either. Those love scenes are pretty disgusting.

How did Quinn suddenly pass the exam for his promotion? Sounds fishy to me.

Here is what I've read on the spoiler prediction. It may or may not be accurate, though the information they gave for this past week was correct about Deb driving into the water.

Warning. It gives big spoilers of plotlines.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Deb saves Dexter and they mend their relationship. Dexter starts a romance with the neighbor lady, but she is murdered by a guy who becomes Dexter's protege. )Like we need all this confusing stuff in the finale season.) Then Hannah returns. Dexter tries to help Hannah escape capture. Deb is in the hospital for some reason. A huge storm is predicted for the Miami area. Dexter scrambles pre-storm. It is possible that Dexter plans to leave the country with Hannah and Harrison.I detest Hannah so I really hope he doesn't leave with her. Why couldn't it be Lumen!

I posted back in March about my mom seeing filming for the show in my hometown's central park. That was the footage at the end of this last episode. As soon as I saw the neighborhood out the car window over Deb's shoulder, I knew what would happen. My mom had told me all about the car going into the lake, but since she doesn't watch the show, she didn't recognize any of the actors.

When I visited recently, she walked me around the area and described what they did. They changed a bit of the bank of the lake, adding foliage and they used three different cars - one that went into the lake, one that came out and another that was driven.

The red barn-like structure in the background in a few shots is actually a restaurant that we eat at pretty regularly. I think my mom watched a lot of the filming from there. Anyway, I took a few pictures when I was there recently:
    photo 2a.jpg
    photo 1b.jpg
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Your mom is so lucky to have seen this! Have they ever filmed anything for Dexter in this area before? You never know where they are going to pop up. I think someone on this board said a couple of seasons ago that her friend saw them filming the scene where DEx's step daughter is returned home to her grandparents.
    So far this season I keep wanting to shout at Dr. Vogel, that Dexter is not a true psychopath because he has real feelings for his sister and son. A real crazed killer wouldn't care at all what happens to family and friends. Like the guy last episode with the scar who killed his father to get a few seconds to escape! And what is the good doctor really up to? I dont think she is fooling anyone of us watching as to her true intentions.

I've studied about sociopaths for many years. I majored in Criminal Justice and maybe that's why. I've written several papers on the topic. Despite her credentials, Dr. Vogel doesn't strike me as someone who really knows that much about them. There are sociopaths in all walks of life. They include doctors, teachers, judges, policeman, etc. They come in various strengths too.) I'll chalk it up to poor writing.

I long for the days where Dexter made smart moves. The scripts were clever and kept you on the edge of your seat. Those writers from the early seasons are no longer there and it's a shame.
    cablejockey likes this.

My theory on Voegel is that she is using Dexter to take out all her former patients that she couldn't get to herself. I can't believe he hasn't figured it out. I also think Deb's boss is drugging her, but hadn't thought that he may have been the one that killed Elsapo. Did they ever recover the diamonds he had?
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread