+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

What a mess! This is one show where I cannot even begin to predict what will happen next. What was that plant Hannah left in front of Dexter's door? Can Dexter see that he is becoming a common murderer like the guy who ordered his own mother's death? And for the same reasons! At least he was spared killing Maria but how much damage will this do to Debra? How can she justify being a cop when she has been involved in this?
    I had such a feeling that it was going to be Debra who would be killed off, and releived it was Maria instead. She spent the whole season trying to find the Bay Harbour Butcher, neglecting everything else. It was foolish of her to go off to that container by herself!
    It was quite touching when Dexter admitted that his fake life meant more to him than his dark passenger life and he wanted to try and keep it.

I'm now trying to figure out who will raise Harrison. It's likely that Dexter and/or Deb will be killed or go to prison for a very long time. So, who will raise Harrison? The grandparents who keep him, who really aren't his grandparents, but the paternal grandparents of Rita's kids, are too old to take on a young child. Plus the man has a heart condition. Would the nanny take on such a responsibility at such a young age as a single girl?

Will Harrison end up going to a home and adopted like Dexter was as a child?

I have read that it's not decided if Hannah will return or not. I hope she does NOT. Bad acress, IMO.

Dexter

This season was a fail for me. I just got caught up yesterday.

I really don't like where they took the Dexter character. The point was for him to be a monster behind a mask, as illustrated by the "flashback" scenes with Doakes. Now practically everyone knows he's a serial killer. The original premise was quirky and darkly comic, and now it mostly just feels like another cop drama. I want the Dark Passenger back, I want Dex to not have a new love interest every season, I want what was original about the character back.

They ruined Deb, too - a season of whiny crying & unrequited sibling love (urgh).

Talk about jumping the shark. I still love Michael C. Hall & I'm still going to watch next season, but I'm really disappointed in the way things have gone. Won't miss LaGuerta, though - she was long past her shelf life. As it turns out, I'm glad Quinn lives to return for the final season. I've enjoyed him the most these last few months.
    Debb70 likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm not a big Quinn fan, but I agree about the show becoming a disappointment. I'm not sure how they can save it from being a failure in its last season. Next season is the last season of the series right?

Oh, have any of you watched the new series on NBC called Deception? I saw the pilot On Demand and it's really good. The next show comes on Jan. 8. Guess who plays one of the head police detectives on this show? BATISTA! I wonder if that tells us something about whether Batista will be back for the next season of Dexter.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Maybe I missed it but, who did they figure out was the arsonist?
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Maybe I missed it but, who did they figure out was the arsonist?
    LaGuerta did, but I guess she took that to her grave. I bet Deb will figure a way to clean out her files and discard of all that evidence against her and Dex.

Just stopping by to tell all you DEXTER fans that Harrison is now on the Soap Opera "DAYS OF OUR LIVES"!!! What a doll baby and he is getting so big! His name on Days is Parker!
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.
    KAREN

The show was filming scenes in the central park in my hometown yesterday. My mom walks in the park every day, so she stayed to watch some of the filming. She doesn't watch the show, so she didn't recognize anyone, but she did tell me that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    they were filming a dark red 4-door sedan as it went into the lake. She said there were two vehicles - one of which she followed into the park - one to go into the water and another for the rest of the scenes. I guess we'll have to keep an eye out to see who drives a car like that!

She said that, not long after she got into the parking lot, they closed it off to any more people. Apparently, the place was packed with crew and vehicles.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks for the info.

Do you mind saying what state your hometown is in? They normally film Dexter in Florida.

Dexter

My hometown is in SoCal where they do most of the filming for the show. I'm pretty sure they only do a few exterior shots in FL.

ETA: Here's the site that shows all of the location shoots for the show, including a map. Much of it is in and around Long Beach, CA (which is not my hometown, btw).
    Last edited by Critical; 04-01-2013 at 06:54 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread