+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 107 FirstFirst ... 438384858687888990919293949596979899100101102103 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Dexter

Every spoiler I read on the finale was dead wrong and I'm glad. Anybody recall S1 enough to know if those Doakes shots were true to the series remembrances? I remember Dex bringing the doughnuts, but particular exchanges not so much. I may pull out the DVDs tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Every spoiler I read on the finale was dead wrong and I'm glad. Anybody recall S1 enough to know if those Doakes shots were true to the series remembrances? I remember Dex bringing the doughnuts, but particular exchanges not so much. I may pull out the DVDs tomorrow...
    Yes, they were the original scenes. I'm so glad LaGuerta is gone! I never liked her. I guess next season will be Dex looking for Hannah and trying to keep his family safe from her. Can't wait!!!!

I won't even bother with the crazy stuff that was so illogical last night. I guess they will just wrap it up and write LaGuerta off just like Dex wanted them to.

I knew the gas station video and phone records would come back to bite them. I think I posted it up thread when it happened.

I thought Quinn was going to keel over before his scene was over. Poor guy looks so ill. He has to be really wanted a job to keep working as sick as he looks. He barely had the breath to speak.

I wonder why LaGuerta didn't think she would be put in danger and go down like Doakes. She was so foolish.

Did you see the interview with the writer or director last night after the show? He said that the script did not call for Deb to run over to LaGuerta after she shot her, but the actor did that on instinct she was so upset about LaGuerta leaving the show. They kept it in because it was so touching and heart felt.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'd read insane spoilers (like Doakes wasn't dead, returned, and had been on some secret hide-out for the past several years) so watching what actually happened seemed slightly less crazy. I still can't belive Hannah got away, and seemingly no one told Deb or any of the other dectectives who would be involved in chasing her down. It's one thing for the ex-con killer guy to go missing, but how are Dex & Deb going to explain LaGuerta's disappearance? They're going to HAVE to investigate it, or the FBI will be back, or somethng. Gah! They've sucked me in for the final season, that's for sure.
    cablejockey likes this.

I wonder what will happen about La Guerta's murder? Will they make her disappear or will they stage the crime scene? I don't know how they would make it believable either way. La Guerta is awfully high profile to go missing. I also wonder if she has shared with anyone else about her thoughts about the Bay Harber Butcher? I think Hannah will need to be eliminated fast--she is going to be out for revenge. I will watch this show until the bitter end.

As soon as she was shot I kept thinking, no Deb, that's your service pistol! How will they address that issue? Did they get rid of the bodies or take the bullet out? Clearly it would come back to a cop..........so many things going on! I bet with Bautista retiring he will have so much time on his hands he will start investigating what happened to his ex-wife and begin to put the pieces together about Dexter as well.
    Hyper likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

In the world of Dexter, they will probably just find the bodies of LaGuerta and that guy, assume they killed each other, and never even do any ballistics. They woudn't even notice the guy was stabbed, then shot. And they won't realize the trajectory of the bullet into the bodies is off. No worries. In Dexter land, nothing has to make sense. lol

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    Yes, they were the original scenes. I'm so glad LaGuerta is gone! I never liked her. I guess next season will be Dex looking for Hannah and trying to keep his family safe from her. Can't wait!!!!
    The scenes with Doakes were new. I read an interview on HuffPo with Lauren Velez where she talked about Erik King being back on set after so long. You can tell they're new because of Michael C. Hall's hair and how much beefier EK looked. Doakes was always buffed out, but he looked HUGE in those "flashbacks."
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Doesn't the next season of Dexter usually start a few months down the line? Like not the next day- January 2nd in Dexter time....so the LaGuerta stuff will all be resolved off scene?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Not necessarily. This season picked up the action right where last season left off - in the church with Dexter standing over Travis Marshall's body right after Deb discovered him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread