+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

So sad Isaak got killed. I was excited for a moment when I saw the security guy stab Hannah and then both of them on the floor. That would have been the perfect way to end it. I agree about their chemistry. Isaak and Dexter made a better couple. I kept yelling at the tv for Dexter to get Isaak to a hospital. How hard would it have been with him weakend from a gun shot to go against his wishes or even use a syringe of tranquilizer to shut him up. I would have loved to have seen Isaak live and then see the dynamic between him and Dexter continue on more. It is as senseless as Brother Sam being killed. I am getting tired of Quin. I liked him better when he was trying to be Doakes II. I can't believe La Guerta is zeroing on Dexter so fast.
    Debb70 likes this.

I really liked Isaak....he wore a lime green dress shirt the way few men can.

I was thinking the dynamic of Dexter and Isaak bonding over losing hannah and yurg at the same time would have been good TV. I found the way they wrapped it up off putting.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I was sad to see Isaak go, too, but I figure it was inevitable. Ray Stevens was a guest star, and probably not willing to commit more time to the series. He's based in the UK. You might remember him from HBOs "Rome" where he played Titus Pullo. I've had a crush on him ever since.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I really expected the arson investigator to be the killer. Dexter should have finished him off, he's leaving too many loose ends. La Guerta is getting too close, will she end up on his table?

I definitely felt like I was in the Twilight zone last night. Everything about Dexter was just thrown out the door. All we have learned about him from the time he was a child was just hogwash. Now that Hannah has known Dexter for about 2 weeks, he is a new man. PLEASE. The writers have insulted their viewers in the worse way. They have acted as if the viewer can be manipulated in the worst way. You don't do that to your audience. I don't care for it and wish they would just wrap this show up. It's ruined IMO and I the only thing I can look forward to is seeing Dexter go down. Because he is no longer Dexter anymore, I don't care if he's killed or sent to prison. lol

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I definitely felt like I was in the Twilight zone last night. Everything about Dexter was just thrown out the door. All we have learned about him from the time he was a child was just hogwash. Now that Hannah has known Dexter for about 2 weeks, he is a new man. PLEASE. The writers have insulted their viewers in the worse way. They have acted as if the viewer can be manipulated in the worst way. You don't do that to your audience. I don't care for it and wish they would just wrap this show up. It's ruined IMO and I the only thing I can look forward to is seeing Dexter go down. Because he is no longer Dexter anymore, I don't care if he's killed or sent to prison. lol
    I kind of liked his admitting that this "Dark Passenger" is really nothing more than his own compulsion, coupled with his father's "code." And his realization that killing is a need for him, as well as something he truly enjoys. Frankly, I have never cared whether he gets caught or not and I've been hooked on the show through through the good and bad seasons.

What's always endeared his character to me is that Dexter tries to have normal human relationships even though he's a serial killer with nothing even resembling remorse, even when he kills the wrong "prey." And he does evolve. Too bad the writers have given us what appears to be the third stupid season in a row, full of missteps and flaws (not to mention lapses of logic).
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

All I'd like to add is that when Hannah's dad popped his head in the window, for a split second I thought it was Randy Quaid. I need to stop watching Dexter so late at night.

I found myself missing Ray Stevenson this week. That is one sexy man.....although I do prefer him in Roman solider garb!

Can Dexter just kill LaGuerta because of her hideous wardrobe?
    buglover, Debb70 and Poppy Fields like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I found myself missing Ray Stevenson this week. That is one sexy man.....although I do prefer him in Roman solider garb!

Can Dexter just kill LaGuerta because of her hideous wardrobe?
    I think they could have played the Isaak/Dex cat & mouse game out to the end if for no other reasons than (a) eye candy and (b) a non stereotype gay male character is pretty rare on TV.

OMG, LaGuerta dresses horribly. And why does she always hold her hands like she just painted her nails? That drives me nuts!

Dexter has always questioned what he does and why. Every season he hooks up with someone--usually a woman--who tells him to either be more normal or be more crazy! Whatever he does it usually doesnt work. But I hate to see him changing the script on his life soradically.
    I am confused about the reaction of Hannah to her father's death. Does she really think Dexter had a talk with the man and sent him on his way? She knows what Dexter is capable of and pretty much would have known what Dexter really did with her father, so I wonder if she just didnt sit back and let Dexter do his thing keeping her hands clean?
    I loved Quinn's reaction to that nasty club owner. He got what he deserved. I hope he gets away with it. Whats with Debra and those pills? She certainly isnt all gaga about Dexter anymore. And I actually cringed when La Guerta heard all about Dexter's past and relationship with Brian Moyers(?) She has everything she needs to really catch Dexter now!

+ Reply to Thread