+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 107 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

FORT Newbie

Re: Dexter

Yes, Doakes found the slides in the a/c...and that was the last clip we saw of Doakes in Dexter's apartment. If you go to the Showtime website, you can watch two mini sneak previews of next week's show. In the Doakes preview, he's taking the slides to a friend to have analyzed. In the other preview, it looks like the walls are closing in on Dexter, as his co-workers are saying the Lundy now is sure the killer is one of them, and Dex's paranoia continues to grow. Can hardly wait for next Sunday's show!

So Dexter has managed to figure out a way to frame Doakes, but while doing so, he realizes that his father killed himself because he finally saw what Dexter was when he walked in on him killing his first bad guy. It has been discovered the father took an overdose of heart medication and died but it was covered up so he would still seem like a good cop. I felt sorry for Dexter. During the preview for the next show, Lila gets a hold of Dexter's GPS system and goes up to the cabin, finding Doakes locked in the cage. I can't wait!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I don't have sho so i don't get to watch. I didn't know Doakes would get in on this.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

This is turning out to be edge-of-your-seat viewing. There's a small part in me that thinks Lila knows who Dexter really is.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Oh my gosh, I just picked up the first season at Target on a whim, because it looked so good. Now i wish I had known about it sooner, because I would have demanded to my husband that we get Showtime so I could watch Season 2. Oh well, I guess I'll have to eagerly wait until Season 2 comes out on DVD.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880;2709762;
    Oh my gosh, I just picked up the first season at Target on a whim, because it looked so good. Now i wish I had known about it sooner, because I would have demanded to my husband that we get Showtime so I could watch Season 2. Oh well, I guess I'll have to eagerly wait until Season 2 comes out on DVD.
    Showtime On Demand still has the entire season up...so you can still catch it if you order that for a month (for us it's only $5 a month...a steal when you want to catch up on a good series since you can cancel at any time). I don't think you have to have Showtime in order to get the On demand, either.

This show has me biting my nails until the finale next week. I wonder if we're going to find out more about Lila than the fact that she's using an alias and is in the states illegally. With the action leading up to next week's finale, I'm hoping we won't be left with the mother of all cliffhangers until next season. Last season's ice truck killer storyline wrapped up rather nicely. I'm thinking we may be left hanging a bit this time. The cabin explodes...so I'm wondering if Doakes and Lila are in there or if Dexter is injured. So many scenarios...I can't wait!

I guarantee we are going to be left in the dark until the next season because there are so many loose ends to tie up before Dexter is off the hook. Basically he has to get rid of Doakes, Lila and possibly Laguarda too because she's in Haiti trying to find out what was said about the slides.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Okay, because I can't bear to actually be surprised by the season finale, I went hunting for spoilers on next week's episode. Don't look if you don't want to lnow!

According to the spoilers I read
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Lila finds Doakes in the cabin (we knew that part) and blows it up, with Doakes in it, in order to save Dexter. Dexter makes Lila believe he wants to be with her, but she discovers that he's lying and tries to kill Rita and the kids (and I think Dexter too). They escape and Dexter ultimately trails Lila to Paris, where he kills her. I assume that Angel is cleared of the rape charges as well. I didn't see anything about Deb and Lundy or Laguerta (sp?) and if she discovers anything in Haiti that could hurt Dexter. Even before I read any spoilers, I knew that Dexter would survive since Showtime renewed the show for a third season.

Even if those spoilers are true and I know pretty much everything about this season's finale, I still can't wait to actually see it play out. I'll be canceling my Showtime after the finale on Sunday, but I'll definitely be subscribing again when season 3 starts!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thanks Critical! Loving the whole ending. Who knew I would cheer for a serial killer......
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2714685;
    Thanks Critical! Loving the whole ending. Who knew I would cheer for a serial killer......
    My pleasure! I'm cheering for Dexter too. It's sort of like how I used to root for the bad guy to get away on CHIPS! Really though, I LOVE Michael C. Hall and the writing is so good, I can't NOT root for him. Although yes, he is a serial killer, they've made the moral line slightly fuzzy there because of who he kills. Plus, because we're in his head, I think we just feel more sympathetic toward him than we would if we didn't know what he was thinking. All I know is that I don't ever want him to get caught because, if that happens, I think they'll have to end the show. The drama of the show comes from the whole "will the catch him?" thing. If they actually do catch him = game over.

I still can't believe I subscribed to Showtime just to watch this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread