+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 107 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Dexter has officially jumped the shark. Nobody knows what the heck they are doing anymore. It's like aliens have invaded the bodies of the characters. Dexter's behavior is off the charts that it's just a joke. So he is lying in bed contemplating love with this new girl killer. So he's going to take this killer home to meet Harrison and take her to the office Christmas party? It's so bizarre that I don't even find it amusing anymore. I try to forget about the old show. It's not the real Dexter anymore.

I guess the show has joined the ranks of other great tv shows that went WAAAAY down hill in their final seasons. The writers 8uck and have apparently just given up. Still, I'll hang in there. I have to support Michael C. Hall. Did I mention he is from my hometown of Raleigh, NC. He grew up here and still has family here. (I know, I've probably posted that information about a dozen times. Forgive me. lol)
    cablejockey likes this.

yeah, i'm going to stick it out for the final season too, but it really is just plain ridiculous!

What really bother me is that I think Michael C. Hall is producing most of these shows. Ugggghhh...

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Okay, I'm willing to suspend belief with a show quite a ways, but I watched an episode the other day that crossed the line for me. I'm a couple of episodes behind right now. In the last one I watched Dex went to visit the mob guy in jail. During their conversation Dex ADMITTED TO KILLING VICTOR ... WTH!? He was sitting IN A JAIL! They seriously want us to believe he would admit to murder in a heavily secure facility that probably has cameras everywhere!?
    I thought that was odd as well. I could be wrong but I thought they recorded all the conversations, which, if true would make it doubly stupid. And as someone else said, why didn't Miami metro PD think it was odd that he went to lunch with dexter.

And the part about Quinn and the evidence room. So crazy. When it comes to evidence for court, the officer would have to sign a log to have access to the items. (Each piece has an assigned number and is in a sealed envelope.) If you take it out, your name appears there. You must return it and have it signed off on. If not. It is apparent you have it. I'm not sure what their problem is.

Here's my theory on the money Quinn gave Batista. That money and the missing evidence is going to get mixed together and it's going to look like a payoff to Batista to lose that evidence. I'm not sure if this happens with or without Batista or Quinn being alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    And the part about Quinn and the evidence room. So crazy. When it comes to evidence for court, the officer would have to sign a log to have access to the items. (Each piece has an assigned number and is in a sealed envelope.) If you take it out, your name appears there. You must return it and have it signed off on. If not. It is apparent you have it. I'm not sure what their problem is.

Here's my theory on the money Quinn gave Batista. That money and the missing evidence is going to get mixed together and it's going to look like a payoff to Batista to lose that evidence. I'm not sure if this happens with or without Batista or Quinn being alive.
    He acted like he was signing out evidence for a different case, so his name would appear for that particular case not the one Isaak was involved in. However, I still seriously doubt, the officer would let him sign a log and wander around the evidence room by himself to go find it. I would think Quin would sign it and the officer would go get it for him. It seems awfully lax in security the way they did it, and I would be surprised if it was standard procedure the way they showed it on the show. I am with you ab out the money--it is going to come back and bite Batista.
    Debb70 likes this.

I still love the show and I'll be watching until the bitter end. If you look at it, this show was improbable from the start. A serial killer who works for the police department and uses p.d. resources to research his kills and yet no one notices? This show has required willing suspension of disbelief from the very beginning.
    cablejockey and Hyper like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think alot of the appeal this show has for me is that Dexter is actually able to get away with what he does. I love it! This isn't the last season, is it? I thought it had already got picked up through next year.

No, it's not the last season, but I think they are winding things up. Frankly, I wish they would wrap it up if they aren't going to give the writing the detail it deserves. Dexter used to be so smart, sharp, and prepared. He did his homework. Now, I'm smarter than him. That sucks and makes me lose interest.

I'll keep watching for the duration though. Despite its faults, it's still one of the best shows on tv. lol

I liked the got-everything-under-control-Dexter, not this horny cant decide whether to kill or bed a target, Dexter! This season he has so many people after him--La Guerta, Issac, Debra, and at some point Hannah.
    I noticed that Quinn doesnt look so healthy lately, but there is no reason for this that I can find, although many people have noticed he has lost a lot of weight.

+ Reply to Thread