+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 107 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

LeGuerta has the slides from the Doakes investigation. I can't recall all the details. She thinks the real killer is still out there after finding that new slide. Since she has taken the slide out of evidence, I'm not sure how much evidentiary value it could have, but if she keeps pushing it, Dex may have to kill her.

Now that Dex has proven himself, Deb may lighten up her hold on him. But, I was wondering too about Harrison. Dexter must have totally lost his mind. Allowing that man to have access to his son, without any surveillance cameras around???? Travis almost killed Harrison and now Dex just lets another whackadoddle around him. PLEASE. Even if Louis wasn't the kind of crazy he is, he's odd. Don't any of those police people know how to spot a child molester? Apparently not.

I thought of another reason Deb can't turn Dexter in. If his conduct comes out, then every single case his blood spatter evidence has been involved comes into play. So all those convicted killers could either get new trials or be set free. There is no way Deb would let that happen.

Oh, I've never read the books. Is the show suppose to follow the same storyline?

Deb was remarkable in her reactions to this bombshell. You could see all the emotions playing across her face. At times it looked as though Dexter was really thinking of killing her because keeping his secret has always been what he does. Across all the seasons, we could see how much love of her brother, as well as her job, is what makes up her life.
    That prisoner(I think he played Marcus on TRue Blood) who threw himself in front of a truck, surprised me. He seemed like he really knew what he was talking about with accepting guilt, and convinced Dexter too. But like last season with religion maybe being the answer for Dex--it didnt work. Its as if Dexter wants to be normal on a very strong level. He is always trying to find a cure or an answer to let him have a normal life.

About the blood slides: Doakes stole the first box, which the FBI had. They found the box in his trunk which is why they assume he took them as trophies. He did drop a box of blood slides of the floor last season and they all got out of order. I am thinking that he probably tossed them for that reason, since the box this season has less slides and the other one was almost full. I also can't believe he doesn't have nanny cams and at least not let Jamie have him over. I also wonder why he leaves his computer out since Lewis is weird and also a computer geek. He could do some real damage if Dexter isn't careful.. If he doesn't kill him he needs to figure out a way to deal with him. Maybe Batista would be a good route or maybe he could frame him for something to get him put away. Or maybe he could play nice to him to figure out what he knows. I don't think it is about the game. Even before he showed Dexter the game he was mooning over him like he had a crush or something. I do wonder about Harrison. Even if she keeps an eye on him she can't expect him to not be with Harrison and what did they tell the nanny since she didn't think it was at all odd he was staying with his sister. I don't want to see a completely reformed Dexter. As excellent as deb has been in her reactions, I wish she would work out something where he could help find killers to improve her clearance rate and maybe overlook a few for him to have. He is the reason the department doesn't look like it solves anything. I wonder how he will deal with the mobster finding out he had the Ukranian guy on the boat.

I know there are some fans of the mobster storyline around here, but I just don't find it interesting at all....yet.

I don't think they have revealed the truth about Louis either. He has something else up his sleeve for sure, but for Dex to be so casual about him being around Harrison...it's just bizarre. Perhaps Harrison needs to go visit with his half siblings who now live with their grandparents. He's done that before when he was younger. Get him away from that crazy Lewis.\

Dexter must maintain the appearance that he has no issue with Louis, because if the guys goes missing, he doesn't want them having him as a suspect.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Deb to stay at Dexter's where Harrison is already set up.

I honestly don't care how they involve Ray Stevenson in the show. It could be freaking aliens for all I care. As long as he's on my TV screen - even in a mafia storyline - I'm a happy girl.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I honestly don't care how they involve Ray Stevenson in the show. It could be freaking aliens for all I care. As long as he's on my TV screen - even in a mafia storyline - I'm a happy girl.
    Hmmmm.....I googled him and he has many fine looking images out there. No doubt, he is handsome. AND more importantly, he's British. I'm an Anglophile, so that does a lot for me. lol

Great episode last night. Looks like Deb is beginning to realize that sometimes the law just doesn't work. I find it hard to believe that a seasoned detective/lieutenant would just go into a house where there could be potential danger alone without calling for backup though.
    scoot13 likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Yes, it seems the last few seasons, there are so many things that you must suspend in your mind to get through an episode of Dexter. lol I guess I nit pick too much, but it does bug you when big things get in the way of the story because they are so glaring.

I can't believe they just shot Louis and he's gone. I thought there was much behind his character that was going to come out. Now, it may appear that Dexter killed him, since his blood is on Dexter's boat. I never did buy that the only reason Louis was upset with Dex was because he trashed his computer game idea. I don't buy it. I still think Louis knew lots of stuff about Dexter and thus his fascination.

I have been worried about Harrison since Louis showed up around him, but now it seems the Russians may abduct the child to get Dexter. I have been hoping Dex would send him to stay with his half siblings grandparents for awhile.
    I
    Click to see Spoiler:
    saw a sneak peek and it looks like Deb lays down the law that Harrison must go away and that's it's not safe to stay with Dexter. I think it's in the episode next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I just got caught up on weeks 2 & 3...is that the mob boss? That is a fine looking man, even when he's thrusting a screwdriver through a guy's eye.

I am thrilled Lewis is gone - I've hated him since he first showed up. Are they going to use Harrison again that way? I hope not...really no point in travelling that path again unless they're going to kill him off, which I doubt. I'm suspicious of Quinn being involved with one of the Russian strippers...this could be his last season. And just as his character has started to grow on me.

I'm weary of Devastated Deb. Time to get over it and start using the Dark Passenger as Harry intended.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

OMG! This show just gets better and better. My hats off to the writers. I was worried that he may have to get rid of Deb, but she seems to be coming around. LaGuerta is another story though.

+ Reply to Thread