+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 107 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think Deb was searching as a cop. I think she was searching as a sister.
    True, but I think the state would be hard pressed to get over the police detective part. I'd make the argument. lol

Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    In the books doesn't she know and subsequently use him to further her career? I never got through the first book. I know they are great, I just couldn't start reading them once I had already gotten through the first season on tv.
    That's correct and I hope that's where they steer this plot. Presumably Dex will tell Deb about Harry's role in his serial killer career.

I was a little bored by the premiere. (Also thought Michael C Hall was looking a bit haggard). I'm leery of this possible Ukrainian mob storyline.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    That's correct and I hope that's where they steer this plot. Presumably Dex will tell Deb about Harry's role in his serial killer career.

I was a little bored by the premiere. (Also thought Michael C Hall was looking a bit haggard). I'm leery of this possible Ukrainian mob storyline.
    I think he does. I seem to remember something in the preview with Dex telling Deb her that Harry taught him how to kill.

I wouldn't mind a Russian mob storyline, but if it does happen, I'm going to be even more bummed that they killed off Enver Gjokaj's character so quickly. I've loved him ever since Dollhouse and I keep waiting for him to get another great role. I think he's so talented.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post

I think he does. I seem to remember something in the preview with Dex telling Deb her that Harry taught him how to kill.

I wouldn't mind a Russian mob storyline, but if it does happen, I'm going to be even more bummed that they killed off Enver Gjokaj's character so quickly. I've loved him ever since Dollhouse and I keep waiting for him to get another great role. I think he's so talented.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I was surprised that Dexter didn't immediately check the history on his laptop the second Jamie and that guy left. It's what I would have done.
    That was really odd to me. I am not a serial killer (y'all will just have to take my word on that ) and if anyone gets near my laptop, I freak out. When my house was robbed a few years back, I spent half the day on the old PC changing passwords to EVERYTHING. I sure as hell didn't want some thief either stealing my account information, ordering stuff off of Amazon, or worst of all, troll posting here.

I'm sure the Ukrainian mafia thing is going to happen; according to IMDB
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ray Stevenson is slated for many episodes.
    Though IMDB has been wrong before, I think they're right this time.

I could nit-pick for days, but there's got to be some suspension of disbelief with this show. However last season pushed the limits to a breaking point, which is why I wondered if that final Deb scene happened. I do hope it really did; it'd be good forward momentum and hopefully get far, far away from the "Deb *hearts* Dex" business.

Also, I was 50% of the way there with the airport scene, but the obvious surveillance camera above the door to the unclaimed baggage area was a mistake. Yeah, TSA is fairly incompetent, but the cops could think the gangster was going to get out of town and pull the tapes. Either it will come back to mean something or it only means the editors were sloppy, as it could have been CGI'd out. Then again, the best cop on the force was shot, so maybe not.
    Debb70 likes this.

I think they have to get Deb on board with Dex's Dark Passenger. I like the yelling, cussing, tantrum-throwing Deb and the cold, calculating Dex. I don't like this emotional hand-wringing of Deb's, it's out of step with her character.

If they are going with the Ukrainian mob storyline, it better not be a standard gangland plot to root out Dex as whatsisname's killer. Now, I love a good gang movie and/or TV show - Goodfellas is my second-favourite movie of all time (Pulp Fiction is #1), I've seen New Jack City an embarrassing amount of times, I still mourn the Sopranos, and am crazy for Sons of Anarchy, but Dexter is not that good. It needs the originality of Dex's character and his nemeses...guys like the Ice Truck Killer and Trinity. I've given up the idea of the show picking up any more of the book storylines, and at the risk of repeating myself for the 3,723rd time, the writers need to keep Dex as a killer first and a vigilante second.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I think it's clear that there was plenty of criticism of the mistakes by Dexter from last season, but those writers just don't care. For what ever reason, they have just decided to go their own way. Maybe they have their reasons. But, come on. If you were in Dexter's shoes, and your nanny and her boyfriend are in your apt. when you aren't there, wouldn't you at least install some video cams in both sides so you could see how Harrison is being treated AND if anyone is snooping in your air conditioner and computer. Why hasn't Dexter thought of this yet? He could watch what's going on in his apt from his phone where ever he is.

didn't the box of blood slides get smashed last year?
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    didn't the box of blood slides get smashed last year?
    There seems like something happened to them, but I can't recall. I'll see if I can find something on it. Didn't someone steal them? Hmmm....

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Maybe I'm just a sucker, or maybe it's because I watch Dexter late, but I really liked this episode. The Deb not turning Dex in seemed to come off fairly well (though when Dex moved int with Deb I kept asking my TV where the hell Harrison was), the plot with the strip club moved along okay, and there was some movement on the weird intern. I do agree with Debb70, why wouldn't Dex install some nanny cam or similar, knowing full well that Batista's sister is dating him? Or even go to Batista and give him reason to be suspicious of the intern? Batista has always been an over-protective big brother, so he'd be guns blazing if he thought the boyfriend was remotely shady. The "guilty conscious" murderer was a tad predictable, but at least it was fairly believable.

Now I'm wondering about the box of blood slides too...
    cablejockey likes this.

+ Reply to Thread