+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 33737475767778798081828384858687888990919293 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Dexter

A *lot* of things bug me about the writing of the show (I'm watching it more as a comedy right now) but the one thing that was beyond stupid was Dex telling Deb that it was just "luck" that he spotted the gas containers. They ALL had just returned from the boat where the husband was found dead. He's a crime scene investigator and he knows his sister's butt is on the line to find the DDK. It would be completely normal for him to say what he actually did--"Oh, I was checking on the internet about the dead DDK-sidekick, saw a picture with this woman, and she walked right past my window." This would give none of his serial killer-ness away and actually be doing his job. Further, it would draw less attention to himself, rather than just proclaiming it luck that he saved everyone in the police station. It's these illogical bits that hang me up even more than sloppy kill scenes or even a text video (still don't know why he didn't get a trace on the cell phone to find Travis).
    Debb70 likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I'm having a hard time watching Dex this season, too. It's as if the plot holes trip everything else up for me. There are so MANY of them. I don't mind this quite as much on broadcast network TV. But we pay to watch Dexter.

I enjoyed last night's episode more than any other this season, but it still had its problems. I agree about Dexter just telling the truth about how he knew who the lady was or he could have just said that he walked into the hall and saw gas coming out of the backpack, which is also true. Those writers are just idiots. I pray they are pulled off the show before they make the last two seasons miserable.

REf. the previews. Can't they come up with anymore ideas than having Dexter's loved ones captured by the villain? It's been done TOO MANY times. Remember when the villain got Deb, his two step children, his wife, Lumen? Use some creativity. It's just the same old story.

I hope that Michael C. Hall, who is the executive producer, has one ounce of self respect left and finds some competent writers and directors to pull the show out of the hole before the last two seasons.

I want to memoralize my prediction for Dexter's finale this Sunday. It's kind of crazy, but hey. Look what nuts they have as writers this season. Nothing will really surprise me. LOL

If you saw the previews, you saw that Travis is walking away with little Harrison carrying a stick or sword in one hand. Later they show Travis forcing Dexter to take some poison or he will harm his son. Then we see them all on top of a tall building, with Dexter lying beneath them.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Since he has been knocked out, I predict that Harrison, will step into action to save his dad, take the stick or sword from the unsuspecting Travis and hit him with it, which causes Travis to lose his balance and fall off of the building to his death. Harrison's first kill! What do you think?

I read a better guess for the finale that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the intern shows up and saves Dexter and Harrison and kills Travis. I like this one better .

or...
    We see Dex wake up in his bed and he hears water running. He goes to investigate and finds Rita giving Harrison a bath. He realizes that the last 3 years have been a dream and that all is well in the world.
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Since he has been knocked out, I predict that Harrison, will step into action to save his dad, take the stick or sword from the unsuspecting Travis and hit him with it, which causes Travis to lose his balance and fall off of the building to his death. Harrison's first kill! What do you think?
    Haha! I love it...I was joking with a friend yesterday that they should go full-on crazy town and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    have Harrison kill Travis

Man, that is crazy! Great minds think alike. I like the dream idea too! Who did that years ago, Dallas? Man there would be some crazy wild fans if that happened. At this point, I'm ready for anything, even Gellar's living, evil twin emerging. LOL

Well, that was...something? Dex's rescue by apparently Cuban immigrants, with a murder along the way, was just odd and particularly (i.e. really unbelievable) convenient. Colin Hanks just can't do "evil" yet--he's got too much of a baby face and I'm still flashing back to his character on Mad Men. I feel bad for the actress who plays LaGuerta; she's had like one scene per episode, always in full-on bitch mode, and has to wait for the finale to have a real scene. I do wish the whole ITK hand thing had been dealt with a bit better, but I guess that'll be picked up next season. But what bugs me most (plot/timeline inconsistencies aside) is this whole "Deb realizes she's in love with Dex because of a shady shrink" thing. I can handle my premium cable incest (GoT, Boardwalk...obvs not IRL), but this is so, so out of left field and ham-fisted, I can't get on board with it being an organic plot development. Unlike Deb finding out Dex is a serial killer. That I'm cool with and it's been a long time coming.

All season Dexter has been sloppy and careless and last night's ending was no different. Deb sent him there, so unlike his other kill rooms where nobody knew he was there, she knew. Of course he was caught. I cant help but wonder if they are going to have Deb transfer out of MIami because she cant turn Dexter in or live with his actions. Plus the actress playing her may find it difficult to work with her Ex and asked to leave the show.
    I noticed Harrison was crying when Travis was holding him, and did the intern send Dexter that hand? Travis found it on Dexter;s doorstep.

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I noticed Harrison was crying when Travis was holding him, and did the intern send Dexter that hand? Travis found it on Dexter;s doorstep.
    The intern did send Dexter the hand.

That whole scene when DDK had Harrison just kind of annoyed me. Of course the kid was crying, two men were screaming and one was waving a big knife around. Way to freak the kid out!!

I also agree about Deb and Dexter. Her discovering he's a serial killer, great! Her deciding she's in love with him, really lame! And what was up with Dexter's kill room in the church? Has he ever had a kill room before that wasn't covered in plastic sheeting? It didn't make sense to me that he would leave everything wide open like that. And that is aside from the fact that Deb expected him to be there.

I'm also annoyed about LaGuerta. We know she is driven, but I really didn't like the way they turned her into a complete beeyotch with few-to-no redeeming qualities.

I really like the premise this season, but didn't like the way they executed it at all. Here's hoping for a MUCH better season next year!!

+ Reply to Thread