+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 107 FirstFirst ... 32727374757677787980818283848586878889909192 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

I cannot beleive how stupid and out of touch with their instincts Dexter and Quinn have been made to look this season. And whats all the surliness to his father about the way he was raised? Dexter made it sound as if his father made him this way, when in fact he was trying to channel the killer already inside!
    Felt bad that Dexter did'nt get to Holly in time. Dexter of the past would have gotten there in time. And I am really getting bad feelings about Deb, that she wont survive the season. When she remarked how weird it was that Travis' sister didnt see him for what he was, it seemed like a portent of her coming to a bad end because she didnt see her brother clearly. Considering that the actress playing Deb was married and divorced to her 'brother', she may want off the show herself.

I think the show would suffer if Deb left. Plus, unless she has another job lined up, getting the same income might not be so easy. Still, it seems that some celebs are walking away when they can't get the money they want. I hope she stays put. I like her therapy sessions.

If the writers would just THINK through some things, it wouldn't be so bad, but they just throw out mistake after mistake and bad ideas and things we have seen MANY times before on thousands of shows. Dexter used to be better than that. It's honestly gotten so bad that it's like watching the old soap opreas where stupid stuff would happen and it was so obvious. Honestly, they have not earned their money this season. I read some where that some of the scenes were like Saturday Night LIve skits. LOL

Please, please, please to all the gods of tv dramas DO NOT LET the storyline of Deb falling in love with Dexter come to fruition like it seems to be heading. If they do I am done.
    It seems to me that is where all this "my brother is my safe place, he is sweet, I always go to him for help" is heading. In the previews for next week it seemed that Deb was daydreaming about a possible kiss from Dex. NO NO NO NO NO....shudder
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

as per Screen Rant: Movie News, Movie Reviews, Movie Trailers, TV News

Showtime president, David Nevins, is putting speculation about the future of ‘Dexter’ to rest – claiming, after a two season story arc that begins this year, season 8 will likely conclude with the series finale.What is to become of Darkly Dreaming Dexter? While the future is still murky for TV’s favorite serial killer, one thing is for certain – the end is nearer than some might have thought.

Nearly two weeks after Showtime announced that Dexter would be returning for at least two more seasons, network president, David Nevins, has confirmed that the writers and producers are in the process of outlining an end date for the fan-favorite series – specifically that season six will set the stage for a season eight series finale.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

FORT Fanatic

This show has become laughable. Last season was bad. This season is borderline unwatchable. There are so many plot holes and outrageous over the top things happening that it makes me feel like im watching a soap opera at this point. If you didnt see the Gellar not existing thing coming from a mile away 2 weeks ago, I think you need to have your head examined. They made it so obvious that they had me believing it wasnt going to happen. So how was Travis able to trap Dex, kill the guy, hide the guy, clean the blood, help dex out of the elevator and not be completely out of breath all in 5 minutes time? Forget about the church with no power that has a freezer running in the basement. Or that in 3 years nobody ventured to that place even though it was a stones throw from the college.
    I could go on an on but whats the point. Im just looking forward to Jack Bauer and CTU saving the day when the chemical weapon is planted in the Police Department next week.
    Debb70 and Poppy Fields like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    Please, please, please to all the gods of tv dramas DO NOT LET the storyline of Deb falling in love with Dexter come to fruition like it seems to be heading. If they do I am done.
    It seems to me that is where all this "my brother is my safe place, he is sweet, I always go to him for help" is heading. In the previews for next week it seemed that Deb was daydreaming about a possible kiss from Dex. NO NO NO NO NO....shudder
    NOooooooo. Ugh. I have not seen this week but I have it in my HBO que to watch. Well then I am done too if it goes in THAT direction. Deb and Dexter. Are.you.kidding.me. ????
    KAREN

I've heard the trailer was just done to create interest and there will be no incest on the show. Let's hope not.

Someone tell me if this makes any sense. If you were abducted and held hostage by some crazy guy and almost killed, after you were released, would you go out of the house on your own and even out to a boat alone to spend some R&R? I would think you would be staying with OTHER people such as family and friends and sleeping with the lights on and behind multiple locked doors and windows with a gun in your hand or that you would have police security to protect you just in case. Oh well, that's Dexter.
    cablejockey likes this.

Technically it wouldn't be incest. They do not share any blood ties.It would still be icky tho.

This episode not tooo bad. At least the implied incest was only in a dream. I will say that the weird intern is getting weirder. He is probably the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    killer, or wanna be killer in next year's show.
    Next week's installment is the finale' for the season I believe. From the previews, it seems that Travis gets a hold of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Harrison and holds him hostage to control Dexter
    I bet that the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    nanny bites the dust.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    This episode not tooo bad. At least the implied incest was only in a dream. I will say that the weird intern is getting weirder. He is probably the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    killer, or wanna be killer in next year's show.
    Next week's installment is the finale' for the season I believe. From the previews, it seems that Travis gets a hold of
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Harrison and holds him hostage to control Dexter
    I bet that the
    Click to see Spoiler:
    nanny bites the dust.
    Well, this is all speculation so I don't know if it needs to be spoilered...

I completely agree with your first point, I was thinking the same thing during this show. As for point #3, I thought that her involvement would at least carry into next season.

During the preview for next week in the scenes with Harrison I just kept thinking that it could be really scary for a kid to have someone speaking in an angry voice and waving a machete around, even if it isn't supposed to be real. Maybe it doesn't actually play out that way in the show, but I sure hope they did everything they could to make that kid comfortable!!

+ Reply to Thread