+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 107 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

FORT Regular

Re: Dexter

Good ears

I'm disappointed that it took Dexter so long to figure the truth about Gellar. That seems like such an easy miss for him even with all that he has going on. It's nice that we were finally able to see what many suspected all long.

I'm still undecided about the new intern though--but the creep factor was certainly ramped up last night.
    Debb70 likes this.

Woo-Hoo I called it! I had a strange feeling that Gellar wasn't alive and that the kid had multiple personalities!!

Eventually Masuka will figure out that the intern has an ulterior motive and somehow he will be fired too. Hopefully before he harms the little sister he's sleeping with.
    Yup, with donuts!!

pretty ballsy of that intern to have the hand on display. I know he said not many ppl visit, but he still has a few visitors. No wonder he couldn't trace the IP address of the buyer, he really wasn't trying all that hard.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I suspect that the male intern is going to be able to hack into all the computer searches that Dexter has done. That is going to make for some interesting reading! LOL

Rumor is that: SPOILER. MAYBE
    Click to see Spoiler:
    THe new intern is from the orphanage that Dexter's brother, Brian, grew up in and he loved Brian, who was the Ice Truck Killer and that is why he has tracked down Dexter.
    It sounds a little farfetched to me too. We'll see. I say anything to get over the Doomes Day Killer. Ugggghhhh. It's not one of my favorite seasons.
    AJane likes this.

This article on yahoo sums up this season perfectly...

7 hit shows that have stayed too long at the party

Here's why "Dexter" and six other once-terrific shows are past their prime in primetime.

1. "DEXTER"

That twist in Sunday night's episode -- which we won't spoil in case it's still sitting on your DVR -- gave us pause for a moment. Could this be the thing that turns season six around? Nope. The season's still a mess.

Writers have Dexter Morgan tackling religion and where, or if, it fits into his life.

A guest stint by Mos Def as reformed killer Brother Sam was the highlight of those efforts, but everything else about season six has fallen flat.

That includes the return, sorta, of Dexter's dead serial killer brother; the painfully cheesy therapy sessions for Deb; the embarrassing way the writers have completely decimated Maria LaGuerta; and the mind-boggling reason Dexter has all of a sudden embraced killers like Travis and Trinity's son, Jonah.

If "Dexter" had been a lesser show, around season two or three viewers might have started to question the fact that there seem to be an awful lot of serial killers who a) live in Miami and b) always seem to cross paths with Dexter, even outside his police duties.

"Darkly Dreaming Dexter," the novel in which the Dexter Morgan character was introduced, has become "Deeply Disappointing Dexter."

The other shows they talk about that not what they used to be and may have lasted too long are:

Glee
    House
    Grey's Anatomy
    30 Rock
    The Simpsons
    Gossip Girl
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

I know I'm in the minority, but I think this season is great, with the exception of the Nebraska road trip (which included Brian & Jonah). The comment about Dexter always running into serial killers...well, no duh, he stalks & kills them - it's only the whole point of the show. And if the Yahoo writer had read any of the books, he'd know the LaGuerta character was a short-lived superbitch. Her TV character is a sweetheart in comparison.

Yep, buglover called it, & there definitely was that whole Sixth Sense feel to Gellar's scenes.
    Hyper likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm enjoying this season also. And also with the exception of the road trip episode, which was awful.
    cablejockey likes this.

I'm glad others are enjoying this season. I found myself checking to see what was on other channels last night during Dexter. CAN you believe it? A season or two ago and that would have been crazy talk, but no more. IMO the writers are lazy and shameless. They should be whipped with a wet noodle! LOL

I won't go off on the all the details that have ruined the show for me, (nobody likes a whiner) but I can only hold out for next season.

I do happen to like Deb's therapy sessions. My turn offs are anything about the Doomes Day Killers, Quinn, and Dexter acting like an idiot. I know there are some Hanks fans here, but at some parts last night during Travis' scenes, the acting was so bad that it make me laugh. Maybe it was the script that created this problem.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I've taken to web browsing while watching Dexter--last week, I found a new coffee table finally. I never would have done that in seasons past, not even last season.

I liked Colin Hanks on Mad Men, but I just don't think he's cut out for the serious villain character, at least not yet. That "Hello, whore" line was seriously laughable and it bends credulity that the couple would suddenly follow him without ever meeting Gellar, the one they thought they were following. He's rather bland and doesn't give off the necessary charismatic vibe to get followers.

I still want to know what is up with that intern. He was so dejected when Dexter didn't like his video game but then was super-helpful to Batista, like a real character not a mystery. At this point, that's about the only thing I really am watching for.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread