+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 107 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Have they diverged too much from the books for that to be a possibility? Since I haven't read them, I have no idea.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think the writers have lost their minds. Dexter is taking so many chances and he seems to be losing all of his smarts and instincts too. He leaves the pen from the hotel in Nebraska in his jacket! That's not a professional like Dexter. Then he confesses his sins to a priest; senile, but still. Then he visits Travis at his job, where there are plenty of witnesses. It's just such a mess.

I don't even care if the Gellar character is real or imagined anymore. I just want it to be over with. LOL
    Poppy Fields likes this.

as per last night's episode
    snooooooze...
    it better pick up soon.

Do you think La Guerta
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is covering for the captain for his possibly being there when the hooker died, or Batista?
    Debb70 likes this.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    as per last night's episode
    snooooooze...
    it better pick up soon.

Do you think La Guerta
    Click to see Spoiler:
    is covering for the captain for his possibly being there when the hooker died, or Batista?
    I guess they had to add another subplot, since the main one is more sleep enducing than pills. I think it's her superior, kerowynn.

I was praying for Deb to fire Dex. Now that would have been interesting.
    Debb70 likes this.

Did you catch what Deb said to her therapist? She was talking about Travis' sister, whose body they found, and she speculated that the sister found out about her brother's secret and he had to kill her! Bone chilling. Wonder if that was foreshadowing?

I do think LeGuerta is covering for her boss or some are speculating, Bautista. I don't think it's Bautista though, because he couldn't afford a high priced call girl, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think the writers have lost their minds. Dexter is taking so many chances and he seems to be losing all of his smarts and instincts too. He leaves the pen from the hotel in Nebraska in his jacket! That's not a professional like Dexter. Then he confesses his sins to a priest; senile, but still. Then he visits Travis at his job, where there are plenty of witnesses. It's just such a mess.

I don't even care if the Gellar character is real or imagined anymore. I just want it to be over with. LOL
    I agree. I had such high hopes for this season and also the Doomsday killers since I like both actors. This season isn't the worst, but it could be better. I wish Quin would give Dexter a reason to kill him since I am tired of him. I also want the writers to deal with Deb finding out about Dexter and where they go from there. It has to happen eventually. If Deb doesn't at least suspect she isn't much of a cop.

Well at least we know the truth about Gellar last night.
    I knew that the new intern was too good to be true. It is majorly creepy
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that not only does he have the ice truck killer hand, he has is displayed in his living room
    ick
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Batista was right about that guy! I'm glad they finally told us about Geller but Dexter should have suspected something sooner!
    Loved Deb's comment to her brother about chairs. I laughed when the psychiatrist said she wanted to see Deb more often--I can imagine whats going thru her mind after hearing about her dating history!
    Debb70 likes this.

Wasn't Gellar found by Dex in a freezer? I didn't think that abandoned church had electricity. They have been using torchlight and candles for heat and reading. Now there's a freezer in the basement! Please.

When he was chasing Gellar and went into that door in the floor, how did he think that Gellar could have gone into the hole and then pulled a rug and furnture back on top of the door? So ridiculous. I really wish they would get a new writing team. The one they have isn't as smart as a third grader. LOL

I won't go into all the holes in the storylines, but it's just too bizarre. Like Dexter saying after he killed Gellar he would get him an ID of someone he killed. How risky is that? It doesn't even sound like something Dexter would say. Then he parades around all the places he goes to find Travis and WITH Travis where there are survellience video. It's so annoying. I want the old writing back that was interesting and sharp.
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-28-2011 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Wasn't Gellar found by Dex in a freezer? I didn't think that abandoned church had electricity. They have been using torchlight and candles for heat and reading. Now there's a freezer in the basement! Please.

When he was chasing Gellar and went into that door in the floor, how did he think that Gellar could have gone into the hole and then pulled a rug and furnture back on top of the door? So ridiculous. I really wish they would get a new writing team. The one they have isn't as smart as a third grader. LOL

I won't go into all the holes in the storylines, but it's just too bizarre. Like Dexter saying after he killed Gellar he would get him an ID of someone he killed. How risky is that? It doesn't even sound like something Dexter would say. Then he parades around all the places he goes to find Travis and WITH Travis where there are survellience video. It's so annoying. I want the old writing back that was interesting and sharp.

You can hear a generator running in the background.
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread