+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 107 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Jewels - that's how I caught all of season one of the show (on OnDemand) and now I'm addicted! I almost bought the DVD when I was at Target the other day, but I just couldn't justify the expense. Maybe for Christmas. Now I'm trying to talk myself into subscribing to Showtime just until the show finishes the season.

Am I the only one who was happy Rita's ex was killed in prison? I just didn't want Dexter to get caught.....although he still might, I guess since the season is young. I feel sort of sick rooting for a sociopathic serial killer, but there it is!
    Last edited by Critical; 10-02-2007 at 02:30 PM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well Critical if you're sick for rooting for a serial killer, than so am I! I love him!
    Yup, with donuts!!

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2595715;
    Jewels - that's how I caught all of season one of the show (on OnDemand) and now I'm addicted! I almost bought the DVD when I was at Target the other day, but I just couldn't justify the expense. Maybe for Christmas. Now I'm trying to talk myself into subscribing to Showtime just until the show finishes the season.

Am I the only one who was happy Rita's ex was killed in prison? I just didn't want Dexter to get caught.....although he still might, I guess since the season is young. I feel sort of sick rooting for a sociopathic serial killer, but there it is!
    Oh m GAWD, Critical, I think I may be addicted too. He's just about the cutest serial killer I've ever seen.

Was the ex killed during one of OnDemand episodes, or did this just happen this season? If I'm reading correctly, you don't get Showtime so I'm assuming it was from the OnDemand episodes, but somehow I missed that part. . I saw that Rita found his shoe (after he said to be on the lookout for his personal belongings), but I somehow missed the part about him getting whacked.

I need to check and see how much Showtime costs.

Jewels - Rita's ex was killed in the first episode of the new season. He got caught up in a prison fight. Showtime had a free preview this past weekend, so that's how I saw it.

They're advertising that Showtime costs $6.95 "or less" (which means it costs $6.95 ), but I don't know if there are any additional fees. In my experience, if Comcast can tack on some fees, they will.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

This was a great set-up episode for the season. Did y'all see the previews? It looks like it's going to be a wild ride!

Crit, I was glad the ex got killed as well. His role seemed unimportant for the show. Plus, it sets up an interesting storyline:

Click to see Spoiler:
    If I recall correctly from seeing a preview this past summer, Rita says, "I can't believe I'm in love with a serial killer".
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;2596431;
    They're advertising that Showtime costs $6.95 "or less" (which means it costs $6.95 ), but I don't know if there are any additional fees. In my experience, if Comcast can tack on some fees, they will.
    I just ordered it Critical.

It's a straightforward $6.95 per month for the first three months, then the normal $17.99 after that. No set-up fee. No cancellation fee. No contract.

I was all over that puppy.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I'm watching it as i speak and so far it's good. Doakes is scary looking. It's the arms ya'll.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy;2597181;
    I just ordered it Critical.

It's a straightforward $6.95 per month for the first three months, then the normal $17.99 after that. No set-up fee. No cancellation fee. No contract.

I was all over that puppy.
    Well crap. Now I'm going to have to do it too! I only hope they wrap up the season in those three months. The season is 12 episodes, so unless they do a bunch of skipping and reruns, I should be good! I hope the season is really great because I only found one movie I wanted to watch over that entire free weekend.

ETA: Okay, I just called and got Showtime too! This is a clear sign that I'm totally obsessed with this show. Now I just have to remember to cancel it after the three months....of after the season ends.
    Last edited by Critical; 10-03-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Anybody still watching? I just got all caught up today (DVR love ) and while I don't think it's better or worse than season 1 I just think it's very, very different. I hope he gets back together with Rita, something about his sponsor rubs me the wrong way. I'm loving how they are delving into the backstory of Dexter's Mom and his Stepdad. Interesting stuff. I'm also interested in seeing where they go with Deb and the FBI guy. I'd like to think he's just like a fatherly figure giving her the attention she's always wanted but something tells me it won't end well and something crazy will go down. Can't wait for tonight's episode.

I'm definitely still watching. I missed about 30 seconds last night. Did Doakes find the slides in the air conditioner and does he know what they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Ace Medallion;2661527;
    I hope he gets back together with Rita, something about his sponsor rubs me the wrong way.
    Probably has something to do with the fact that she nearly burned down her apartment to get Dexter's attention and then almost caused him to be murdered by his mother's killer so they could be closer Seriously though, I want him to get back together with Rita too. The look on his face when he told Lila to stay away from Rita just cemented it for me.

I'm enjoying the relationship between Deb and Lundy. Keith Carradine looks great and even though Deb is doing the Electra Complex thing, it's probably better for her than dating the Ice Truck Killer....as if those are the only options!

My favorite part of this show is Dexter's narration and the little quips he gets in. The other week he said something like "Apparently, my new life involves a love triangle." Michael C. Hall has the best dead-pan delivery.

For the longest time it drove me crazy listening to Doakes because he sounds like another actor and I couldn't figure out who. The other day I got it: he sound just like Wesley Snipes.

+ Reply to Thread