+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 107 FirstFirst ... 29697071727374757677787980818283848586878889 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

After watching last night, I'm glad Brian was only back for one episode. By far the highlight of this episode was after Dexter killed the Motel owner with the pitchfork and he and Brian were standing in front of the painting of a house in a hilarious "shoutout" to American Gothic!!

My "big" questions at this point are:
    (1) Will young DDK co-operate with the police and turn against Gellar?
    (2) Will young DDK's sister make it through this season alive? I would like to think so, but after Rita died I realize anyone is fair game in this show.
    (3) Will Dexter actually give his department all the info so that they can catch DDK to make Deb look good?
    Debb70 likes this.

I keep feeling that Travis' sister is not going to last the season! Also glad that Dex's brother is gone and his father is back--so sweet to see him hitch hiking on the roadside!

I'm really speechless about last night's episode. I found it quite annoying. Glad that's over.

I liked the humor in last night's show - lots of laugh-out-loud moments - but they went too far with the roadside store booty call & the target-shooting highway signs. That's not Dexter at all.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    I liked the humor in last night's show - lots of laugh-out-loud moments - but they went too far with the roadside store booty call & the target-shooting highway signs. That's not Dexter at all.
    That was the point.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

The title of the next to last episode is "Talk to the Hand". I wonder if it will be about the prosthetic hand from the Ice Truck Killer that Vince's ex-intern tried to sell.
    I don't object to the concept of a deity, but I'm baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur. Happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr...purr...purr.

Quote Originally Posted by kerowyn66 View Post
    That was the point.
    That wasn't what I got, though-I thought the point was that Dexter was feeling too "domesticated" & wanted to return to his old ways, but that didn't include acting like a college kid on spring break. It was a departure from character, but I wasn't under the impression it was supposed to be deliberate.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just found the dead brother's contant nagging very annoying. How could Dex enjoy himself with all that whinning by his brother's voice. AND to be so smart, his brother was an idiot IMO. Dexter's brother was a very intelligent guy. He was busy with the Ice Truck Killings, while at the same time, parading around as a doctor and having a relaitionship with Deb. AND at the same time, stalking Dex and figuring out every detail of what Dex did as his hobby. Yet, last week, had the guy acting in Dexter's mind as a complete idiot. LOL

Dex steals a gun from behind the counter of a store where he has either been captured on camera or left a DNA sample inside the clerk or a condem. How smart is that?

Then there is a recent crime scene that has no police tape, not locked up, the son is back at work with not police protection? There were just so many problems that I found it annoying. But, at least it was more interesting than the Doomes Day Killings! LOL

I'm not sure if the intern is the guy who called and asked if the arm was real. Remember that? Is he a very dangerous person or a red herring? It's hard to say. I do hope that little Harrison doesn't lose any more mother figures anytime soon.

We've got 2 more seasons of Dexter! Breaking: Dexter Renewed for Two More Seasons - TVLine

Now we only have to worry about whether they can keep us interested. This season has been B-/C+ territory, IMO. For me, it's not been a straight decline over the seasons, so I have hope for the next two.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

They need to go back to the books and find more storylines from there. I'm happy they have 2 more seasons!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread