+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 107 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    Another great episode. What I want to know is how Colin Hanks got the horses with the maniquin-human hybrids down a busy street with nobody seeing him. I can't wait to see how the next episode turns out. I see the new guy is the one that finally figures out the religious significance. I am not loving Masuka's intern that much.
    I can't think of any way those horses could have been concealed, either. Bewildering!

Also puzzling was that the EMTs didn't seem to notice that Kenney was all banged up from being in the accident, and the assumption was that he died from a heart attack. Being smothered usually leaves tell-tale signs. I don't know if a heart attack would leave similar ones.

Masuka's intern is very creepy. She is up to something that involves the Ice Truck killer. Whenshe siad she painted her nails the way the victims had theirs done, I got a bad feeling.
    I was really surprised when that old man did turn out to be the serial killer Dexter looked up to as a teen! He did make Dexter think about his future and how he didnt want to end up.
    The scene at the end of the show with the horses and the body parts was truly macabre.

You are right about the horses. How is that possible? Does anyone know what the significance is between the horses in that scene and the fact that Dexter's son has become attached to his toy horse? Did you notice that?

I wonder if Dexter will have to work his way out of the killing of the Tooth Fairy. Perhaps they will investigate that death. If they do, he may be hot water. Let's hope that he used a throw away phone that can't be traced back to him. IF not, it's likely Dexter was the last one this old man called. PLus, he ran errands for him the previous day, played golf with him, etc. There is a witness who can say Dex came in and inquired about men from the state this old guy was from. What explanation would Dex give?

If you recall, orginally, Dex was going to cut him up and throw him at sea, but changed his mind. If he had done that, then the old man would have been a missing person and they certainly, would have checked his cell phone to see the last he called was DEXTER. So, unless Dexter has a throw away phone, he's really getting careless. It scares me. I have heard that lots of elderly people die in Florida every day and they don't do autopsies unless it's obviously necessary. I suppose Dexter could have stagged the scene to look like the man had a heart attach, felt in the shower on his face and he was injured that way.

I'm excited to see the new detective Deb is hiring. He's pretty cute. Do I see romance down the line?
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-19-2011 at 11:56 AM.

I agree that he could have staged the death and if there isn't an autopsy they might not be looking close enough to see signs of suffocation. I hope he uses a disposable phone, though if he is careless enough to drive around in cars that can be traced to him, you never know if he is smart enough to use a disposable cell phone. Something else I thought of and have thought of off an on for the whole series is the fact that he uses his computer to search the criminal records of all the people he kills. I know at work I have to have a user name to get access to the charts of my patients on the computer, so I assume he would have a similar set up for getting into the criminal databases that he uses, since he can get far deeper than the info that is available to the public. Couldn't they track his computer use and see that he is doing a lot of searches that have absolutely nothing to do with cases he is working and also that all those people have gone suspiciously missing? Or is he good at hacking and just hasn't been caught?

I did notice the parallel between his son and those horses. I am not sure what that means yet.

I like that new detective. I wouldn't mind a romance--I never liked her and Quin together and I wouldn't mind if they brought out Quin's dark side a bit more.
    Debb70 likes this.

Good observation Starbucks! I don't think I had thought too much about it. I guess he just hopes that no one would check to see his computer history. It would be difficult to explain why all the people he checks out end up missing or dead. That issue could come up eventually.

I'm also curious as to why they have brought up the Ice Truck Killer again. Remember the fake arm that the new intern took? Why bring that back up? Is the new Detective going to pull some old files and find it? Is that new intern a plant from some serial killer, who is hunting down Dexter? Lots of questions.

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    No I believe they are divorced. Just watching last week's epi again.

bug, what did you mean to say after "their careers"??
    I just noticed that the text I had typed disappeared from the entire response. I think I meant to say so that neither of their careers would be in jeopardy. Like the fact that he was supposed to be Lieutenant and that could be viewed as favoritism. Anyway, I figured out that they are in fact divorced. I wonder if they are trying to portray her more like she was in the book finally.
    momrek06 likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Sorry to be one of those who pop in here out of sequence, but my daughters got me hooked and now I own the first 5 seasons on DVD and have watched them all in the span of a month or less. I've enjoyed all 5 seasons with 2 (Lila) and 4 (Trinity - big John Lithgow fan) being my favorites. I also loved 1 for the brother reveal, 3 was ok, but probably my least favorite, and 5 was confusing because of the many, many, many sloppy mistakes. (He was bleeding in the turnover stolen car at the camp accident and scraping skin to get out, no gloves... what happened to that car?) However I loved the scene where Deb talks to them through the plastic and looks the other way after having been the Ice Truck Killer's hostage and obsessively watching the 12 videos. I think her damaged character is one of the priceless pieces of the incredible supporting cast puzzle. Was there ever any word about the Quinn actor's dramatic weight loss? I wish I never knew Hall and Carpenter had been married and then divorced. Now I have to figure out how Showtime and on demand work so I can finish catching up. Anyone with time to PM me with advice would be appreciated.

Oh, and the theme song is constantly in my head.
    cablejockey and Debb70 like this.
    Count your blessings!

These Doomsday Killings are not interesting me that much. I hope it gets better.

The intern putting the arm on E-Bay for sale was rather odd. Instead of firing the girl, he should have gone to her house and gotten the arm back and then charged her with theft.
    Poppy Fields likes this.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    These Doomsday Killings are not interesting me that much. I hope it gets better.

The intern putting the arm on E-Bay for sale was rather odd. Instead of firing the girl, he should have gone to her house and gotten the arm back and then charged her with theft.
    That was my reaction, too, Debb! Maybe he didn't want to get himself in trouble for showing it to her to begin with?

Another head-scratcher: WTH - is Dexter an ME and we didn't know about it? What's he doing with the bodies, and where is the coroner? Is there a morgue in Miami Metro? Seriously?

ETA: I don't get to watch the current episode till Monday night, because it conflicts with Boardwalk Empire.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-25-2011 at 01:17 PM.

I wonder if the fact that the auction had already ended Masuka figured there was nothing he could do?

I thought the same thing about the bodies. Never seen a homicide lab just have body parts lying around in it after the ME did what they needed to do. Where's Horatio Cane and his crew? They don't take bodies out of the Miami ME office. lololol
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread