+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Dexter

Most successful shows have a life span. As much as I love Dexter, I could see the show logically concluding after Season 6 - when Deb catches him.

What did you all think of Dex walking out in his towel last night? I was a little surprised. He really has grown in his confidence hasn't he? LOL

Loved Deb in this one. She's come a long way - even if this promotion was just payback to LaGuerta.

Was MCH's voiceover foreshadowing what's to come in the end? Deb being the head of the force that will eventually hunt him down? Does it seem that they are trying to set it up that way now?

I kinda hope Mos Def's Brother Sam really is a good guy now, and not faking it. Loved him standing up to the thugs with Dex, side by side.

Travis does seem to be paralleling Dexter - serial killer, close to his sister (Molly Parker from Deadwood), thinks he has a higher calling, has a possibly ghostly mentor - guess we'll see, eh?

Did anyone else think the manequin head looked like Deb? And are they setting Masuko up for an actual dating story with his intern?

And yes, Debb, lyou have to love seeing Dex shirtless.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    I kinda hope Mos Def's Brother Sam really is a good guy now, and not faking it. Loved him standing up to the thugs with Dex, side by side.
    I do too. I like his character, and I want him to be genuinely good. I also wonder if, with his religious background, he might help Dexter with the new serial killer. Maybe he will hear something in the news and drop some valuable tidbits to Dexter. It is also interesting for Dexter to see an example of someone who really has changed. Maybe it will make him question his own assumption that he cannot change himself.

There are some very interesting ideas here. I hadn't thought about the comparison with Dexter with the sister too! That's a good observation.

I'm hoping we get at least two more seasons of Dexter. How long was Six Feet Under and The Sopranoes on? No matter what, I do not believe that Deb will turn Dex in. She may have to leave law enforcement and move to China, but I can't see her charging him with murder and seeing him spend life in prison or get executed. Maybe she would understand. Anyone know how the books handle this issue? I've never read them. I'm afraid it might influence my view of the tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70
    I'm hoping we get at least two more seasons of Dexter. How long was Six Feet Under and The Sopranoes on?
    Six Feet Under was 5. Sopranos was 6. But the Sopranos Season 6 was divided into 2 parts, with a hiatus in between. So it kind of felt like 7.

Quote Originally Posted by debb70
    Anyone know how the books handle this issue? I've never read them. I'm afraid it might influence my view of the tv show.
    The books got very, very weird by the third one (and not in a good way). I don't think there is any way the show will track that story. I tuned out of them when his Dark Passenger turned out to be some ancient demon something-or-other complete with its own cheesy cult.

The adapation is so much better than the stories. Go figure.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-11-2011 at 02:55 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.

Showtime and MCH are in negotitations for future seasons right now and, apparently, it's not going so well. ‘Dexter’ Season 7 In Jeopardy Over Michael C. Hall’s Salary | Screen Rant

I love MCH, but $1M in this economy? It seems like he's getting too greedy. I hope they're able to come to an agreement because I love this show, but really, it's a pay cable show.....and not on HBO. Can they really afford $1M for him?
    Debb70 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

In the books, Deb knows but there's no big scene where she confronts him. She just has him use his Dark Passenger sixth-sense to help solve cases.

This is the best thing on TV now, IMO-I say pay Hall whatever he asks for.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm not sure about this one. I can see how he wants more money, because Dexter is such a big hit, but times are hard and sometimes getting too full of yourself can bring you down. Sometimes the actors push the envelope just as far as they can before they settle. Remember how Mad Men almost got cancelled over creative differences with the writer and the network. They wanted him to cut characters out to save money! They finally worked it out. I hope they do it with Dexter too.

It's just that after so many very successful years, you have to start thinking of when it will end.

I see many huge options for the writers to make Dexter much more interesting. I have listed my ideas somewhere, perhaps here. They could really go all out with it, but I doubt they will stray too far from the original recipe.

Another great episode. What I want to know is how Colin Hanks got the horses with the maniquin-human hybrids down a busy street with nobody seeing him. I can't wait to see how the next episode turns out. I see the new guy is the one that finally figures out the religious significance. I am not loving Masuka's intern that much.

+ Reply to Thread