+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 107 FirstFirst ... 21616263646566676869707172737475767778798081 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Did they say how much time has passed since last season ended?
    Not exactly. But Harrison was interviewing for preschool! He's walking and talking. His Irish nanny's been replaced with a regular babysitter (Batista's half-sister).

Last season I think we saw his 1st birthday party. I'm assuming he's at least one year older in the story now.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-06-2011 at 07:45 PM.

It seemed like Bautista/LaGuerta storyline is they are still married, however they are acting as though they aren't so that neither of their careers In the end she mentioned something about having to do this to save them or was I hearing things?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    It seemed like Bautista/LaGuerta storyline is they are still married, however they are acting as though they aren't so that neither of their careers In the end she mentioned something about having to do this to save them or was I hearing things?
    No I believe they are divorced. Just watching last week's epi again.

bug, what did you mean to say after "their careers"??
    KAREN

[QUOTE=Poppy Fields;4387421]Not exactly. But Harrison was interviewing for preschool! He's walking and talking. His Irish nanny's been replaced with a regular babysitter (Batista's half-sister).

Last season I think we saw his 1st birthday party. I'm assuming he's at least one year older in the story now.[/QUOT

Saw an interview with the directors before the show tonight and they explained that a year had passed since last season ended.

So far I like this season better. I could be way off base, but I am beginning to wonder If Edward James Olmos' character is real--perhaps he is a delusion of Colin Hanks or he is someone who is dead and speaks to him in the same way Harry speaks to Dexter.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    So far I like this season better. I could be way off base, but I am beginning to wonder If Edward James Olmos' character is real--perhaps he is a delusion of Colin Hanks or he is someone who is dead and speaks to him in the same way Harry speaks to Dexter.
    OMG! You may be on to something! That is entirely possible. I'll keep that in mind as the show progresses. the Olmos character could be for that young man, what Dexter's dad is to him. If that is not the way it should be, then the writers have missed an great opportunity to write it that way.

Well, Deb really hurt Quinn last night. I didn't think his proposal was so off point, since they have been living together for a year. Her ambition with her career is going to let her down, I 'm afraid. He dodged a bullet IMO. Will they keep him around if he's not involved with Deb? Also, if he's not involved with Deb, he might get the itch to start investigating Dexter again. I guess his hands are tied with Dex thoguh, since he has the blood from that murdered guy on his shoe and Dexter covered it up. I guess Dexter would use that as insurance.

I enjoyed last night's show. The only thing that bothered is that it appears the young guy has abducted a hostage. In the previews they showed more of the young man holding this guy hostage. Didn't they do that last season with Luman? I'm really done with that storyline. I hope the writers move on with that.

My big question so far is what happened to Rita's older children? At the end of last season I thought they had reconciled with Dexter, and I thought they were moving toward living with him again. Now we are two episodes in and haven't even heard them mentioned. Unless I missed something...?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I think at the end of last season it was mentioned that they would be staying with Dexter all summer. Maybe summer came and went?

Click to see Spoiler:
    IIRC, in the books they were killers in training as Dexter's protogees
    Debb70 likes this.

If I remember correctly Rita's kids are living with her parents.

I love watching Dexter with Harrison. So cute! He reminds me of my son at that age. All blonde hair

And yes it looks as if Deb could be headed for a major disappointment or at least she is being used as a pawn. IRL she and Dexter got divorced. Also just reading that contract negotiations for next year's Dexter have hit a snag. Also this:

According to Deadline, Hall's contract is up after the current sixth season of Dexter, which is nearing the end of production, and without a deal in place for another season or two, Dexter could conceivably shut down for good.

That said, I'm hearing from insiders that both Hall and Showtime are motivated to keep the series going—especially after Sunday's fantastic premiere, the highest rated in the show's history and a serious ratings coup for the network. So we can only hope this is a little hiccup on the road to 20 more seasons, as it should be.

When I spoke to Hall at the start of the current season, he told me this of his longevity on the series: "I'm still enjoying it. You don't want to overstay your welcome, but the past six years have really flown by."

Sounds…promising?

Read more: Dexter Doomed? Michael C. Hall Salary Squabble Puts Show's Fate in Jeopardy - E! Online
    Debb70 likes this.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality View Post
    If I remember correctly Rita's kids are living with her parents.
    And yes it looks as if Deb could be headed for a major disappointment or at least she is being used as a pawn. IRL she and Dexter got divorced. Also just reading that contract negotiations for next year's Dexter have hit a snag.
    - They were definitely living with Rita's parents last season. I just thought it seemed odd that they haven't even been mentioned.

- I agree that it looks like Deb is being used as a pawn. That one higher police guy (chief?) saw an opportunity when people were seeing Deb as a "hero". I think he actually expects Deb to fail, but he believes it will make LaGuerta look bad (which seems to be his favorite thing to do). I hope Deb proves them all wrong! I'm also glad she turned Quinn down. I wouldn't be sad if they wrote him out, I just don't find much interest in his character.

- My son told me about the contract dispute. I hope they can work something out.

+ Reply to Thread