+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 107 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I loved the premiere!! What a great start. The high school reunion was hilarious!
    "It's hammer time!" I thoroughly enjoyed the premiere. So much better than a lot of last season. Perhaps because I disliked Lumen.

I loved the premiere. It was so funny watching Dexter dance. I think the killers will pick up in the action department. They definitely seem like they will be morbid and creepy. I am glad to see Dexter back to his old self again.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

This first episode was better than the entire last season, imo. Loved seeing the old Dex!

My favoirte line was what he said walking into his HS reunion: "it's a miracle I graduated without killing anyone."
    Debb70 likes this.

I cracked up when his classmate asked Dexter after he got hit in the nose, "Where did you learn how to play football?" Dexter responded, "My dad." LOL

I'm a little late chiming in here, but I'll add to the great reviews of the premiere. I enjoyed every moment, and thought the theme of religion/faith was nicely interwoven with the changes the new season is bringing. I was a little surprised that LaGuerta and Angel called it quits, and that brief scene with her & the top cop guy made me wonder if she's the next main character to go.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I was about 50/50 on the episode. While I like that Dex seemed back in stride, and there was some reunion fun, I couldn't get past the giant holes in the main kill target of the episode. The woman classmate died with blood under her fingernails--blood that had apparently been analyzed by the local PD, which Dexter accessed the results of the tests--and the local cops never even swabbed the husband to eliminate him? That is an absurd leap of suspension of disbelief, even for this show. However, I liked the slow burn of Olmos/Hanks as a villain team.

Okay, do I have a shoddy memory (completely possible) or is the first we're learning of the Angel/Laguerta split?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I was about 50/50 on the episode. While I like that Dex seemed back in stride, and there was some reunion fun, I couldn't get past the giant holes in the main kill target of the episode. The woman classmate died with blood under her fingernails--blood that had apparently been analyzed by the local PD, which Dexter accessed the results of the tests--and the local cops never even swabbed the husband to eliminate him? That is an absurd leap of suspension of disbelief, even for this show. However, I liked the slow burn of Olmos/Hanks as a villain team.

Okay, do I have a shoddy memory (completely possible) or is the first we're learning of the Angel/Laguerta split?
    If your memory is shoddy, so is mine! I don't think we knew about the split before the premiere. I'm sad for Angel, but then I always thought he was too good for her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was thinking the same thing about the murder of his old classmate, but you know how shoddy police work can lead to ruling something a suicide and law enforcement not doing due deligence. Look at the case in CA where the lady was recently found to have committed suicide by hanging after tying her hands and feet and hurling herself off a balcony in the nude. Huge hinky meter reading, but they say NO DOUBT, it's sucide. LOL Someone also reported hearing screaming AND the woman's finance's son was fatally injured in the same home days earlier.

You never know just how ignorant, blind, compensated or threatened, authorties may be to look the other way and just say it's suicide. I do wonder if Law Enforcement will come and question Dexter about this guy going missing. The last time he was seen was at the high school reunion. Certainly, some investigation will take place as they track down the guys last moves.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-06-2011 at 10:53 AM.

No, your memory is good. We watched last season's finale before the premiere. Angel & LaGuerta were vowing to give their marriage another shot at Harrison's bday party.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Did they say how much time has passed since last season ended?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread