+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 107 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Well, as far as Quinn is concerned, he has to have some major concerns about Dexter. He knows that Dex and his lady friend were throwing something overboard at night. Whether it was drugs, bodies or some contraband, he can't be feeling to trusting of the guy. AND doesn't he still have those photos that Liddy gave him of Dex and Luman on the boat? I hope nobody foun them. Hopefully, Dexter remembered and went in and got them before Quinn was released from jail.

I'm thinking Dex got those photos out of there. I'm glad Lumen lived, that was the happy ending I was hoping for after Rita's death at the end of last season. It's no surprise she didn't stay, a few of us speculated as much during the season. Once she'd gotten her revenge she lost her taste for blood, which makes sense. The thing that bugs me is Dex running the car off the road. Whose car was it? Deb had to have traveled up that road, and even if she did somehow miss the car that campsite would have been searched high and low for Jordan once the police arrived. No mention of the car or how it got there. No mention of how he could ever have it removed from the camp without anyone knowing.

Quinn and the blood on his shoe-would they really let a guy who works with him every day handle that bloodwork?
    Also, Quinn is certainly suspicious of Dexter. Will he be able to let it all go because he loves Deb and because he knows Dex lied for him? I doubt it.

Loved the moment between Dex and Astor.

What happened with the female cop that betrayed Deb? I'm guessing they will have to cross paths again.

Babysitter was creepy for no good reason. maybe next season she will do something if she sticks around.

It was nice seeing such intense emotions from Dexter this season regarding Lumen. The rush he got when watching her kill seemed greater than the rush he got by doing it himself sometimes. The acknowledgement to Lumen of the fact that his dark passenger will always be a part of him was a nice scene as well.

I agree, the season went far too fast. Can't wait to see what is in store for next season.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

I never thought the babysitter was shady. Maybe it's because I've liked that actress since she was in The Commitments.

I think that Quinn MAY know Dexter had something to do with Liddy's death, but he's not pushing it because of a) the blood on his shoe and Dex covering for him and b) Liddy was becoming more of a problem than Quinn bargained for. Liddy signing for that equipment with Quinn's name could have really hurt him and I don't think Liddy would have thought twice about ruining Quinn's career.

The acting and writing have to be really compelling for me to mind scenes with just guest actors, but Jonny Lee Miller and Julia Stiles were terrific in this episode. He tends to play good guys - or at least my favorite roles of his are good guys - but this psycho thing could open up a whole new career path for him. He was terrifically creepy as Jordan.

I'd love to see Lumen come back to town in the future. I know Dexter functions better alone, but I enjoyed seeing him have a semi-normal relationship with someone. I wonder now if this means Dexter will go really dark next season after this relationship ended up not working out....and I think of all the relationships we've seen him in, this one seemed the most viable and the one where he could be happiest.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Wow, that was fast:
    Source: ‘Dexter’ Stars Michael C. Hall & Jennifer Carpenter Separating
    HOLLYWOOD, Calif. --

“Dexter” co-stars Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter are allegedly separating, Access Hollywood has learned exclusively.

A source tells Access that, according to a person very close to the production, the real life husband and wife, who play brother and sister Dexter & Deborah Morgan on the hit Showtime show, haven’t been getting along on set all season and that it’s widely known an official separation announcement is imminent.

In fact, Access’ source was told that Carpenter was going around the set talking about the couple’s problems during the course of the show’s production.

Additionally, our source was informed that Hall, Carpenter and the rest of the show’s cast are very worried about how the two of them are going to work as closely together on set next season as they’re usually required to do.

“Dexter” held its fifth season finale party in New York Sunday night –Carpenter was present, but Hall was not.

“Dexter’s” fifth season finale Sunday night attracted 2.9 million viewers, making it the series’ highest rated season yet. The show has averaged over 5 million viewers per week, across linear and on demand viewing. The show has already been picked up for a sixth season.

Hall and Carpenter married on December 31, 2008. Hall was previously married to Broadway actress Amy Spangler from 2002 to 2006.
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/sourc...test-originals
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It will certainly be interesting to see how they interact next season. At times, throughout the season, they had moments of snippiness that was an act... we think.

Overall, I was let down by the season finale. I don't expect something like last season. But it was a let down. I'm not sure how I would have changed some of it, but I would have! Everyone's a critic right?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

What about that car that Dexter flipped on the campgrounds? Was it his? Won't anyone wonder what it's doing there?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

For Dexter to be so busy talking to his father that he lost focus and crashed the car, was a surprise! But then when Dex stabbed Jordan with a hidden knife and like a lightning bolt, went from being the victim to being the victor, I found it pretty hard to believe! I think that having a partner he cared for would make Dexter lose his focus a lot in the future, so Lumen had to go.
    I hope the reports are wrong about Michael and Jennifer. You would think that working together for a few years would have put them in a postion where there were few surprises and personality clashes after the marriage!!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4126253;
    What about that car that Dexter flipped on the campgrounds? Was it his? Won't anyone wonder what it's doing there?

Yes, that's one thing they didn't wrap up on camera. Dexter stole that car. Remember when he left the Liddy crime scene and said he was going to catch a ride back to the station? He didn't. He actually went up to a car at the dock and broke the window, got in and took off. So that vehicle would have been reported as stolen from the docks near the LIddy murder and located at the Barrel Girls murder scene site. All connected. Certainly, that would raise an eyebrown. I guess when Deb shut that investigation down, nobody asked too many questions.

I must get a PVR. My tape shut off during the scene where Lumen tells Dex she's leaving. So I didn't miss much, I gather. I'm very pleased to see that Quinn will be back next season, but not sorry about Lumen...it wasn't a bad run but good call to end it yet leave the door open for a return. Now that they've been renewed, I hope they wrap up the hoodoo murders.

Wow, disappointing to hear about Hall & Carpenter. I guess with his illness, they had more than their share of newlywed challenges.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I just remembered that I saw Lumen (Julia Stiles) do a mini interview on Show time last night. They run it after this new show called Shameless airs. She talks of her experience on the show. I thought the last comment she made about Lumen was quite odd. I can't recall her words exactly, but it was something like, it will be interesting to see how Lumen deals with what has happened. It was rather shocking since I figured Lumen was gone for good. I don't know why Julia said that about her character, but it sounds like she expects to be back.

You may be able to find that interview with Julia on the Showtime website.

+ Reply to Thread