+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 107 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4121021;
    The question is, how? How will Dexter get to the birthday party with Lumen in danger?
    Spoiler from finale's preview on Showtime's Web site:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The grandparents, Astor, Cody, and Harrison all show up at Dexter's apartment to surprise him and have the party there (Astor's idea). He tells them he needs to take care of something and will be back soon or something like that.

Last night's episode was really good.... My big question is this: How can Dexter possibly allow Quinn to "take the fall" for Dexter's killing Peter Weller (because of the blood leaking onto Quinn's shoes)?

I just can't see Dexter doing that to Quinn. How will that work?

I predict Debra will figure out where Chase's cabin from camp days is, and go there, saving Lumen/Dexter and nabbing Chase.

Debra knows Lumen as Dexter's tenant. Will Dexter will tell Deb that he only just found out she was an escaped barrel girl victim? How will all that play out??

This finale should be a doosie!
    Ain't Love Grand!

Thanks for the spoiler!

As for Dex allowing Quinn to take the fall, this is why I wonder if Quinn will make it, or will he go the way of Doakes and end up dying. This way he covers Dex's butt even if he is left with a tarnished memory as Doakes was.

I can see Deb figuring out the cabin thing, but I don't know if the fact that Lumen was a past victim will come into play. If Chase is already "Dextered" by the time Deb figures things out, and if Lumen is tied to the scene (dead or alive), it may just be chalked up to the fact that she fit the victim profile and that Jordan had prior knowledge of who Dex was and may have seen Lumen with Dex and taken a liking to her so to speak. I think the Lumen/Jordan prior connection will remain a secret or a pandora's box will be opened (though I think Deb may be suspicious and leave it alone for Dex's sake).
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 12-06-2010 at 03:04 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4121021;
    Well I was right about two of my predictions about so far. Chase did abduct Lumen and Liddy did get killed. It just wasn't like I expected. LOL
    Me too! I was sure Dexter wouldn't be the one to kill Liddy.

I can't believe this season went so fast! It was even faster for me since I had to catch up and watched a bunch of episodes all at once. It REALLY feels like the season just started since I didn't see the majority of the episodes until the last few weeks.

I have no ideas about what will happen in the next episode, although it's pretty certain that Jordan won't make it out alive. I don't think Julia Stiles is going to be around next season, but who knows? However she leaves (assuming she does), I'll be sorry to see her go. I've enjoyed seeing the relationship between Lumen and Dexter develop. The show doesn't really work if Dexter is blissfully happy, but it's been nice seeing him enjoy some "normal" relationship stuff with her.....although they've been killing people, so it's not really all that normal, is it?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4122375;
    Me too! I was sure Dexter wouldn't be the one to kill Liddy.

I can't believe this season went so fast! It was even faster for me since I had to catch up and watched a bunch of episodes all at once. It REALLY feels like the season just started since I didn't see the majority of the episodes until the last few weeks.

I have no ideas about what will happen in the next episode, although it's pretty certain that Jordan won't make it out alive. I don't think Julia Stiles is going to be around next season, but who knows? However she leaves (assuming she does), I'll be sorry to see her go. I've enjoyed seeing the relationship between Lumen and Dexter develop. The show doesn't really work if Dexter is blissfully happy, but it's been nice seeing him enjoy some "normal" relationship stuff with her.....although they've been killing people, so it's not really all that normal, is it?

The life of Dexter is definitely not normal IMO. I really have to suspend reality when watching the show. I will admit that sometimes when I hear of a terrible story of how a child was abused and then went missing and the parent won't tell where the child is. I think of Dexter. I bet Dexter could get to the bottom of it. I guess that is just human nature and maybe how the writers got their concept of this man whose purpose is to take out the bad guys.

I do have a question. In the beginning, didn't Dexter go after killers who the law couldn't touch for some reason or another. For example, the DNA evidence was contaminated or the gun was lost in evidence or some loop hole that allowed them to walk? Then it seemed he just went after killers no matter if they could be prosecuted or not.

Why wouldn't Lumen want the men who hurt her to be sent to prison instead of killed by her. That's quite a risk. She's a victim, but if caught, she could spend the rest of her life in prison for murder. I don't know. I guess you just have to accept the storyline. It seems odd to me, unless she was already a killer.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Why wouldn't Lumen want the men who hurt her to be sent to prison instead of killed by her. That's quite a risk. She's a victim, but if caught, she could spend the rest of her life in prison for murder. I don't know. I guess you just have to accept the storyline. It seems odd to me, unless she was already a killer.
    From a victim's point of view, prison does not offer nearly enough retribution?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

If what she had to endure was as bad as Deb indicated from watching the DVD's, perhaps she was driven to a point that most people would never reach under normal circumstances. I'm pretty certain she wasn't a murderer before, but was taken to that level by her experience.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

This season just went by too fast! Why cant they add more episodes? I liked last night's season ender, but a lot was hard to beleive!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

They imply that Dexter lied about (or somehow "fudged" ) the blood specimen from Quinn's shoe. It seems as if that would be easily discovered if anyone bothered to double-check? Not very credible, I think.

I am wondering if we will see Lumen again. They left it kind of open ended?
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I guess I was hoping for some kind of big ending and that never really happened. I guess I'm satisfied about with it though.

Do you think when the new season resolves, the kids will go back to the grandparents to stay for the school year? Will that be how they resolve the children; by letting them live with Dexter during the summer and grandparents during school year? Dexter will have more freedom with his time.

It was so nice to see Dexter come home in the morning and talk so sweetly to Lumen about him fixing breakfast. I was hoping that maybe they would become a couple. With her not having a dark passenger anymore, it would be quite difficult for her to live with a man who she knows is killing people every couple of weeks.

The Big One was nice. I wonder if the nanny will stay to care for Harrison.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I also was hoping for a bigger ending and I was kind of left cold at the end of the episode. I am disappointed they never picked up the Kyle Butler story, ended the Fuentes brothers story, or went anywhere with the nanny story (they totally set her up at the start to look shady). I think what bugs me the most is the way the Quinn/Liddy/Dex storyline ended. Dex killed Liddy, and Quinn HAS to know it. Dex cleared Quinn, and while I'd expect him to be grateful, he seemed too cool with Dex. I'd expected some kind of more simmering anger with a begrudging thanks. I sort of want to chalk it up to the fact that Dexter wasn't renewed for a 6th season at the time the finale was written (it has been no), and they wanted to tie up the major plotlines neatly, but they could have been a bit more creative about it.

+ Reply to Thread