+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 107 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree147Likes

Thread: Dexter

Who is John Galt?

Re: Dexter

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4117431;
    It seemed a natural progression to me. I think Dexter was more concerned with Lumen (considering her recent past) and conflicted about that more than NOT wanting to have sex with her. This may be the first sexual partner he's ever had who actually knows who he is.....and isn't a complete psycho like Lila. That's got to be pretty scary for him, since he's so used to hiding his true self.
    I agree - well said! I also think Dexter is actually falling in love with Lumen as he sees her as a kindred spirit, a soul mate of sorts. He thinks less of himself as a monster now and more of a vigilante. He is obviously not a sociopath because he feels such love for his son and stepchildren and such pain and loss after Rita's death. He is more of a psychopath with a conscience and moral compass (if that is possible).

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4117772;
    I think that sounds like Deb, yeah!

But what about Quinn and Liddy?
    I doubt that Dexter will take out those two. In his world, they are still "innocents" and he cannot voluntarily kill an innocent who has not killed others. I think Quinn will protect Dexter because he loves Deb and Liddy will be taken out by someone else. The next two episodes will be interesting to say the least.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;4118886;
    I agree - well said! I also think Dexter is actually falling in love with Lumen as he sees her as a kindred spirit, a soul mate of sorts. He thinks less of himself as a monster now and more of a vigilante. He is obviously not a sociopath because he feels such love for his son and stepchildren and such pain and loss after Rita's death. He is more of a psychopath with a conscience and moral compass (if that is possible).
    Yep! He's a one-man Justice League.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

WARNING! Spoilier! Just kidding. This is NOT a spoiler. It's just my prediction and imagination. It probably will NOT happen. It's just for fun. Do you have one?

What if Liddy has Lumen under survellience and while he is watching her, Jordon Chase shows up to abduct Lumen. Liddy moves in to investigate the situation and Jordon Chase kills Liddy. Chase then abducts Lumen and calls Dexter to tell him he has Lumen and he needs to come and get her or else. Dexter realizes he is really in over his head and calls Deb and Quinn to helpl him save Lumen. They arrive and Chase shoots and kills Quinn when Quinn steps in and takes the bullet for Deb.

Lumen then kills Chase. Lumen convinces Deb that she was the 13th victim and the one who took out her abusers. She defends Dexter and claims he only helped support her and killed no one. Deb takes pity on her, erases all trace evidence of her and allows her to leave the state. Deb now has her eye on Dexter, not sure how innnocent he really is.

The finale is titled The Big One. What does that mean? Does someone have a heart attack? Does it mean the big one got away as the saying goes about fish? I haven't figured it out yet. Some say that Harrison will be kidnapped and Dexter has to chose whether he will rescue Harrison or Lumen. That is a big decision, but I know Dexter will chose Harrison.

I can hardly wait!
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-02-2010 at 06:37 PM.

I think "The Big One" may be referring to Jordan being the big kill for Dexter. I don't see Dexter ever asking Deb for help on this. I think he'll need to take Jordan down on his own.

I do see Deb maybe finding out Lumen's involvement in this and suspecting that she is the vigilante killer and not telling anyone. Not sure how much proof she will find.

Liddy will probably be killed in the same way Lundy was, i.e. his death will protect Dexter, but it won't be at his hands.

The series only works if Dexter's life is split in half with very little cross-over. I can't imagine a situation where Deb knows anything about Dexter's other life.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

I could see Dexter involving Deb and Quinn, if he's reporting a kidnapping and asking for help. And I think Deb would, indeed, let Lumen off the hook if she knew Lumen was #13.

I like your imagination, Debb70!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I wish I could work as a writer for some great show. I love a show that is cleverly written, like Dexter. But, sometimes they make mistakes.

Someone please explain if you noticed this. When the woman who was abused first, I can't recall her name, was describing what happened to her to Lumen, she told Lumen that Chase drugged her at the camp. Lumen said yeah, he drugged me too. Really? Recall back when Dexter had shown a photo of Jordon Chase and his body guard, (the suit guy), she said she recognized the suit guy from when he beat her. He wouldn't blindfold her. He just folded up his jacket and laid it down. That's how she recognized him, but she didn't recognize Jordon Chase, so why would she say that he drugged her?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I know, it's a small thing, but it just made me wonder. LOL

In my own little corner, in my own little chair...

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4119250;
    I wish I could work as a writer for some great show. I love a show that is cleverly written, like Dexter. But, sometimes they make mistakes.

Someone please explain if you noticed this. When the woman who was abused first, I can't recall her name, was describing what happened to her to Lumen, she told Lumen that Chase drugged her at the camp. Lumen said yeah, he drugged me too. Really? Recall back when Dexter had shown a photo of Jordon Chase and his body guard, (the suit guy), she said she recognized the suit guy from when he beat her. He wouldn't blindfold her. He just folded up his jacket and laid it down. That's how she recognized him, but she didn't recognize Jordon Chase, so why would she say that he drugged her?

Please correct me if I'm wrong. I know, it's a small thing, but it just made me wonder. LOL
    I look at it like this. She knows she was drugged and probably is assuming the circumstances were much the same OR she's making their circumstances seem the same to elicit more information from Emily.
    My hero - My Dad 3/25/34 - 4/1/09

Another great episode. Finale next week! We're finally rid of Liddy, Lumen foolishly fell into Jordan's clutches, Emily is a goner, and Quinn is in for a world of trouble. He has Liddy's blood on his shoe, he was gone from the station for a certain amount of time, his tire tracks will be at the scene, Deb will be able to connect him to Liddy, and by the time they discover all of this Dexter will have gotten rid of the pictures in his house. Quinn may be heading for prison if he's not killed going after Jordan. Then Liddy's murder will be hung on a dead man.

I hope Lumen survives, but I have serious doubts.

I have yet to see the first 15 minutes of the episode from last night. I really hate that the amazing race never starts on time and thus never ends on time. Both shows have a finale next week, may have to DVR Dexter so that I don't have to wait for a late night rerun.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 12-06-2010 at 10:51 AM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Well I was right about two of my predictions about so far. Chase did abduct Lumen and Liddy did get killed. It just wasn't like I expected. LOL

Here's my question. Did you see the Nanny calling Dexter about Harrison enjoying being with the grandparents and siblings? Where were they? It looked like she was sitting by a pool. Is she really there? In the beginning of the season, I saw a photograph of Dexter, Harrison, and the other kids around a birthday cake, so that HAS to happen. The question is, how? How will Dexter get to the birthday party with Lumen in danger?

+ Reply to Thread